are custom plates worth it?

Brad-dreama

im not too sure about the whole auction thing but the main reason id get personalised plates would be:

1. people on the forum recognise who you are

2. distinguish between other black sportivos, and

3. adds that classy effect

my opinion would be to get the silver on black plates which are 120$ annually if theyre customised and 100$ annually if youre choosing to remake your old ones.

If you want to be noticed then they help.

$500/year is a rip off though, its just money in the Governments pockets to 'fix roads'. the $160/year ones are reasonable depending on if you can afford it.

Im pretty sure in NSW that you cant auction off standard & custom plates that follow the standard codes (ie: AAA.111, AA.11.AA, AAA.11.A etc.) But full custom ones (ie: all letters, all numbers or a mix thats out of the normal sequences) I think you can sell them.

1. people on the forum recognise who you are

3. adds that classy effect

1. People everywhere recognise who you are - eg. are likely to be recognised by police if you're an idiot... even worse, idiots in shopping malls etc will target your car for scratching etc.

3. Classy? How is a number plate that shouts "hey everyone, its ME!" classy? That's just being an exhibitionist - like a tart that shows off her tattoos on a friday night.

Edited by Leroy

do you have to pay the trhe 500$ upfront? or do you pay once the year has finished?

i think p+ looks so much nicer and really smart.

eg bankai ehehe.

you couldnt even do bankai because of the K. no numbers match k like 1-i 4-a 5-s.......

im thinking i might just do it..... its 10 bucks a week pretty much and i dont smoke!

Edited by Brad-dreama

do you have to pay the trhe 500$ upfront? or do you pay once the year has finished?

i think p+ looks so much nicer and really smart.

eg bankai ehehe.

you couldnt even do bankai because of the K. no numbers match k like 1-i 4-a 5-s.......

im thinking i might just do it..... its 10 bucks a week pretty much and i dont smoke!

lmao =] thanks man

i dont understand how you guys go with the plates up there but here we pay $400 and thats it the plate is ours forever dont have to pay anything else my mates got me my plate and yeah its kinda scary if you do hoon and so on people remember you and yes they can target you but on the bright side

its unique

its yours

gives a finishing touch

and best of all looks cool B)

but yeah all on personal preference

Steve,

you can i think but then i think if you live in Canberra then you have to change them im not sure really

yeahh $400 for life =P ahahah and the thing is i didint pay for them my mates brought it for me for my b-dai :D

I paid $2295 as a once-off plate fee to keep my plates for life. Yes it was expensive and yes it does expose me that little bit more, but I am satisfied with them. All personal preference really.

I paid $2295 as a once-off plate fee to keep my plates for life. Yes it was expensive and yes it does expose me that little bit more, but I am satisfied with them. All personal preference really.

HOLY S**T!!! damn thats heaps O_O" sorry man but its heaps lolol

he probably bought it off someone for that much.

as much as i want a plate to make money i dont want to look like a ******!

so id rather use one that is different or that looks good and not too over the top.

like sxy30z some guy i saw drive past the other week at forest way. xtc or 2sxy kissme etc..... i hate them!!!!!!!!!!!

i was planning the same as Djkor and pay straight up for personalised plates, i was about to have my real name on it (its very uncommon in australia) but thinking about it, on a white junk, think about people stealing it? (my front plate holder looks unsafe) but eventaully i will get one because your the only one that has it, your plate is associated to your car "looks its the [2 l8 v8] supra" <---My friend's plate than "its silver supra"

this demonstartion can be seen by "eyecandi" civic driving around forest lake.

but in sydney, i dont think its worth 500$ a year, think about the mods you could get, personally if i lived down there i would get it after i got all my mods.

cant believe what i just read.. you're better off making fake plates and when you get caught by police pay the fine it would be cheaper!