Performance Exhaust?

Blackkluger

I had a quick look at mine one day, and even removed the rear muffler but the sound was really no different - that great big centre muffler would have to be taken out of the system for there to be any noise changes I think.

Not sure what implications (if any) exhaust changes would have to the tune of the engine, I know it runs pretty rich as standard so it's possible there would be no issues...

Go on mate, be the guinnea-pig, you know ya want to :spiteful::lol:

Try and see. Sports exhaust should sound nice but not too lound when you're being gentle. Might get an extra 15kw out of the engine. Should also increase power and fuel economy. Mordern cars sacrafice a lot to be quiet.

Edited by Colonel

Try and see. Sports exhaust should sound nice but not too lound when you're being gentle. Might get an extra 15kw out of the engine. Should also increase power and fuel economy. Mordern cars sacrafice a lot to be quiet.

Are you referring to the 2GR-FE model of the Kluger? These engines are pretty well tuned, and I don't think you're going to get an extra 15kW out of an exhaust alone.

that great big centre muffler would have to be taken out of the system for there to be any noise changes I think.

Hey Andrew! Hows the Kluger running?

Re: centre resonator - We Aurion boys have been trying to get an exhaust together & Im imagining it would be pretty similar to the Kluger's.THIS MAY BE OF INTEREST.

Link to some more pics & swaps - HERE

And while were at it - do you guys have the dramatically squished part where the front & rear header pipes meet? Like this \/

DSCN2131-1.jpg

And while were at it - do you guys have the dramatically squished part where the front & rear header pipes meet? Like this \/

DSCN2131-1.jpg

I haven't got photos, but I have had a look under my mates Kluger and found that the exhaush merges further back than ours and without that tight bend, more like a 'y' merge. I couldn't get a good look, but it appears to squish into a 2.5 inch exhaust like ours. Would need someone else to confirm this.

This is the join on the Kluger.

It looks neater than the Aurion.

Is that were the 2 pipes meet? Having a hard time following it.

Andrew... rotate the photo 90 degrees anti-clockwise and it should make sense. That appears to merge at a 'T'. If the Kluger has a neater merge and is rated at 201kW, I am starting to doubt the benefits of working on that section of exhaust.

imgp2887xb7.jpg

The most efficient way to squize more grunt and make stronger note would be to fit a cold air intake. Economy may also improve.

TRD may make one in the US, as they do for other Toys, e.g, even Yaris (US$300).

I had a look but could not find on ebay.

Non TRD may also be an option.

After market air filter could also offer some gain.

Well my mate had some fun with my Kluger when he removed the resonator as it was simply bolted on. It sounded like an old V8 monster.. lol.. we quickly put it back on cos it was deafening.. it was fun though.. haha.. Wished u were there DJ Kor.. LOL!!!! :spiteful: