KXR on 22's

gerds

Crotoy has 22's and there are some pics in this thread, gerds (Crotoys pics are towards the end) :ph34r:

As far as your insurance goes, you need to at least make sure the load rating of the 22" tyres is the same as what's written in the tyre placard. Rules for rim diameter and width increase vary from state to state, so you would also need to check what applies to you

Hope that helps

Edited by holmesie

looks cool but

Other than that i don't get it. Those tyres do nothing for performance even making performance worse off road and in the wet. If you want dry weather road performance you'd best just lower it.

And I thought the 19" wheels on my KX-S were just a big Waank. 17" wheels are probably best for the car as it seems to be the KX-S and Grande that have the tyre problems, not the KX-R.

Edited by Colonel

Has the NSW law recently changed on legality of wheels? It's not about height and width of wheel anymore but more about load rating and ride height and wheel base length less than 25mm than standard?

looks cool but

Other than that i don't get it. Those tyres do nothing for performance even making performance worse off road and in the wet. If you want dry weather road performance you'd best just lower it.

And I thought the 19" wheels on my KX-S were just a big Waank. 17" wheels are probably best for the car as it seems to be the KX-S and Grande that have the tyre problems, not the KX-R.

I will give you my opinion:

99 % of people fit big mags on 4WD for looks only.

75 % of Kluger buyers will never go of road (beach or lawn doesn't count)

Lover profile tyre will support cornering better making KXS and Grande handle better. Of course,because more load od tyres they will wear faster.

Good choice of wheel and tyre will make car handle better. I know that lot of people go to Tempe and buy cheap heavy rims and China made tyes (Linglong,Nexen Achilles ans similar crap)

On my Grande i had factory 19's , 20's and now 22 inch. It does handle better in both dry and wet.After 25K on same tyres there in no sign of wear (Aligment every 10K @ Dealership).

As i work for Dealer, i drive Kluger's of all sorts on daily basis and i have good chance to compare.

BTW, i got 22 inch for looks only - for performance i have another (very fast) toy.