Request Pics - 02-05 Corollas with HID

Yeah I Just A Kit Off Him...Tangcla Is A Champ...Hopefully I Will Install It This Weekend....I Was Wondering Where Do You Guys Hide/Fix Your Ballast? Can Someone Post Some Pictures Plz?

Thanks In Advance. :)

I was able to tuck mine into the wheel arch's as i had a good length of cable from the ballasts. Almost 3 years on, and theyre still going. It looks stealth too with everything hidden and neatly routed.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got my HIDs installed..

Question... did anyone cut a round hole in the black plastic cover for the back of the headlights? then put the hid bulb through that?

or did you leave the back of the headlight housing open?

got my HIDs installed..

Question... did anyone cut a round hole in the black plastic cover for the back of the headlights? then put the hid bulb through that?

I used a 20mm hole saw and cut a hole through it.

got my HIDs installed..

Yeah that's what I had to do when I installed my HID on my 2002 conquest...but it is different for the facelift sportivo...it is way more simpler :) the "hard" work is actually just to find where you are going to hide the ballast and then you just have to cut a groove on the plastic cover (takes may be 30s) :) I did mine yesterday....looks pretty good I think! :)

how much for a decent set of HID's?

6k & 8k??

I got my 6k HID Kit off Tangcla who is a member on the forum for $150....works a treat....I can post a few pics if you really want to see how it looks like...the kit also comes with some brackets, which is quite handy when fixing your ballast....Trust me a few months ago I bought a kit for $450 (came from the US and made in Japan and blah blah blah) and I can tell you now it does not make a difference going for the most expensive one.....only difference between both kits were:

(1) the ballast for the $450 kit were thinner

(2) there was no installation instruction (quite easy for anyone to figure out)

Past those above differences, I could not find any.

Hope that helps.

6k & 8k??

I got my 6k HID Kit off Tangcla who is a member on the forum for $150....works a treat....I can post a few pics if you really want to see how it looks like...the kit also comes with some brackets, which is quite handy when fixing your ballast....Trust me a few months ago I bought a kit for $450 (came from the US and made in Japan and blah blah blah) and I can tell you now it does not make a difference going for the most expensive one.....only difference between both kits were:

Hope that helps.

cheers mate...

helps a lot...

HID's on a black tivo...it will look nuts...

im thinkn of gettin 8k...just 2 be different lol

The facelift dust caps are a hard plastic cap. Are the pre-facelift caps made from rubber?

yeah like a rubber seal.... the HID's just push through... much neater ;)

Yeah I just smashed the dust cap over the wire and they've sat there ever since.

is it worth getting 2 hid kit on for headlights (h4) and one for foggies (h3)

Edited by mr ke70

HIDs are the bomb .. I reckon the sole reason I would get them would be to get even with the other mofos shining their lights at my face when Im driving ... just kidding!!!

But in all seriousness, they do make the road more clearer at night when you're driving. It's ****house when it rains though, cos you cant see anything with that tone of light.

6k & 8k??

Hope that helps.

ones i got off tangcla had instructions.

they told me not to touch the globe or i could bum myself.

well worth the price just to read the humorous mispelt instructions

Just purchased 6K HID's for the stivo, will post when recieve + install item. Was i wrong when i read HID's are rubbish in the rain :o ?

so since i got the 05 i got the hard cover? so drilling will be required? wont that cause moisture to go into the headlight assembly??

Just purchased 6K HID's for the stivo, will post when recieve + install item. Was i wrong when i read HID's are rubbish in the rain :o ?

so since i got the 05 i got the hard cover? so drilling will be required? wont that cause moisture to go into the headlight assembly??

Yeah, i have 6000k HID's and theyre not the best when its wet at night. But it doesnt mean you cant see anything. Its almost like you dont have your lights turned on effect, on the road! A friend of mine has 4500k on his car and its alot better in the rain. But obviously, being a lower kelvin rating the light is yellow/beige, similar to OEM or normal halogen headlights.

I'm running without the covers coz I didn't want to drill through them. No problems whatsoever

I'm running without the covers coz I didn't want to drill through them. No problems whatsoever

ahh, thankyouuu... no problems with moisture? i gather that cap has a rubber seal on it for a reason? just have to see how we go.

well i hardly drive the car anyway, its not even at my house, but its 100% mine :angry: looking forward to HID's, i saw them on a 03 stivo on the M4 at 6:05 in the morning, looked wicked.. can't wait :D