Sound System - Where can i get a better price sound system?

Ingres

Decision Time

Too much choice, too confused. So decided to just stick to the two choices below: Hope all of you can give me an opinion as to which of these two to go for? If anyone got a strong opinion against it, please let me know as well. I am still learning what is what in this stage. Hahaha.

Option 1

WOW Sight and Sound (Cost of Everything plus installation $1600)

Option Audio AMP (Model No: OAH500) $499

5 Channel AMP (4X90WRMS + 1X500WRMS Monoblock Amplifier)

Polk Audio Subwoofer (Model No: DB1212 or DB1240DVC i cant remember which one) $499

12" Sub in Porter Enclosure 760W

Polk Audio Speakers (Model No: MM691) $299

6" x 9" 3-way with Crossover

Line Convertor ( I think something like that) $52

Wiring $99

Installation $180

Option 2

JB HIFI (Cost of Everything Plus Installation $1600)

Alpine AMB (Model no: MRP-F600) $617

4 Channel Amp

Alpine Subwoofer (Model no: SBR-S122V) $398

Type R 12" Subwoofer Enclosure

Alpine Speakers (Model no: SPR-69C) $249

Type R 6"x9" Coaxial 2-way Speaker

Power Kit & Cables $120

Installation $340

Any opinions are very much appreciated. Thanks guy for all the help.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all the comments and advise from everyone with regards to getting a good sound system. Special thanks to DJKOR, ELEGNT, Eargunk, Supercharged TRD, The_Random_Hero and JSTCHLN. After weeks of research, going down to outlets again and again, finally got it done. Although it cost quite a fair bit but i am happy with the sound that i am hearing. Not a pro in differentiating sound quality, but definitely an appreciator of decent sound quality. I have included the model of my sound system in my signature. Next up with be Mesh Grill and HID Lights.. Cheers Mate..

Sounds like you got an awesome system mate, those Focals are a really nice speaker for their price bracket. Might have to come around for a listen one day :P

Nice to see you got sound deadening done too, a lot of people don't want to pay that extra little bit but it makes such a difference.

Sounds like you got an awesome system mate, those Focals are a really nice speaker for their price bracket. Might have to come around for a listen one day :P

Nice to see you got sound deadening done too, a lot of people don't want to pay that extra little bit but it makes such a difference.

Anytime my fren just give me a ring or something, maybe u can give me a few pointers when u listen. U might hear more details things than me and i am not really familiar with the EQ setting and such. Still got heaps to learn from anything to do with cars. Don't really like the Audio System AMP but after everything is set up, it seems really ok.

As for Sound deadening, i listened to the advise from you guys in the forum. I know when i don't know ***** about cars, i need to listen more and research more, people in forum is definitely more trustworthy than Salesman on a sales floor trying to sell you something. Doing the sound deadening does not cost much when u do all the installation with the same company (i only did one layer, just want to see the difference first). It cost less than a pair of speakers and it really helps, now the car is quieter when i drive without music. Everything seems great now and i am happy with it. I just tested an album called 2V1G which sadly is downloaded (trying to buy the CD from the internet soon), it is a Chinese album and 2V1G means 2 Voice 1 Guitar similar to unplug over here, nice to be able to hear much clearer singing now.

One thing that ponders me is that, i am not sure whether the Alpine Imprint really helps? Since i am not familiar with EQ setting, wouldn't it be better off for me to buy a Imprint and use it to help me achieve better setting. Hahaha, heaps and heaps to learn...

i have the imprint set up its clear (my analysis line was all over the place) buts its time consuming, you have to have all your speakers powered by an amp and the RCAs go into the imprint system (and make sure you set your head unit to it or your ears will bleed, extremely loud at 1volume). then you use your laptop to hook it up and use a mirco phone (its included if you buy a KTX-h100M) and hear "bloop bloop bloop" from all speakers, then you move the microphone, its 10-15 minutes per seat/mic position and there is 8 or 6 positions, i cant remember, then you choose your prefered equaliser (linear, accending, flat, decending).

But since i removed my rears and now going to bridge them to the fronts, i only use the imprint thingy for expanding my controls on the head unit (can act as a big filter, put in speaker delays, control the amount of gain, change the phasers of woofers etc.)

another note, if you invert your sub and you change it to 180 degrees instead of reversing the wires, imprint detects it as non inverted.

In conclusion:

If your not into spending hours ear tuning it to your liking this is a short cut and a nice short cut aswell, got a 93% from a car magazine

Edited by Eargunk

i have the imprint set up its clear (my analysis line was all over the place) buts its time consuming, you have to have all your speakers powered by an amp and the RCAs go into the imprint system (and make sure you set your head unit to it or your ears will bleed, extremely loud at 1volume). then you use your laptop to hook it up and use a mirco phone (its included if you buy a KTX-h100M) and hear "bloop bloop bloop" from all speakers, then you move the microphone, its 10-15 minutes per seat/mic position and there is 8 or 6 positions, i cant remember, then you choose your prefered equaliser (linear, accending, flat, decending).

But since i removed my rears and now going to bridge them to the fronts, i only use the imprint thingy for expanding my controls on the head unit (can act as a big filter, put in speaker delays, control the amount of gain, change the phasers of woofers etc.)

another note, if you invert your sub and you change it to 180 degrees instead of reversing the wires, imprint detects it as non inverted.

In conclusion:

If your not into spending hours ear tuning it to your liking this is a short cut and a nice short cut aswell, got a 93% from a car magazine

Thanks for the advise mate, guess i will most likely get the Alpine Imprint, makes everything easier. Once everything is set, then life will be much easier hahaha.. guess i will be making another trip and spending money again..