Kluger Altitude

ToyotaFreak

toyotaklugeraltitude.jpg

TOYOTA has released the special-edition Kluger Altitude to counter the facelifted Territory MkII, but buyers will have to look to dealers if they want a bargain.

Toyota says the seven-seat Kluger Altitude comes with more than $4500 of extra features over the base model KX-R.

These include a ceiling-mounted rear-seat entertainment system, a moonroof, new 19-inch alloy wheels and front foglights.

http://goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/sto...A25757000103A5D

Wheels look familiar? That's because they're the same design found on the US/ Canada-only Highlander Hybrid.

Now, if only we get the Hybrid version down under.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

This is my first post after I spent months in reading mode :)

I am close to put my signature to order Kluger Altitude AWD and have a list of accessories I'd add:

1. Front and rear parking sensors

2. Weathershields for all windows

3. Tyre pump/ pressure meter

4. Underbody soundproofing

5. Floor carpets

6. Sidesteps

Don't really need:

1. Nudge bar

2. Tow bar

Does it all have sence?

• 1 month later...
Hi All,

This is my first post after I spent months in reading mode :)

I am close to put my signature to order Kluger Altitude AWD and have a list of accessories I'd add:

1. Front and rear parking sensors

2. Weathershields for all windows

3. Tyre pump/ pressure meter

4. Underbody soundproofing

5. Floor carpets

6. Sidesteps

Don't really need:

1. Nudge bar

2. Tow bar

Does it all have sence?

Tatsiy - are you having Toyota supply the accessories?

Anyone - are there suggestions where else (in Sydney) for sidesteps and a 6CD changer and bluetooth unit?

Regards

I had factory front and rear parking sensors fitted, thinking they would save the paint work on a big car, but they really haven't proved to be much use. They beep for items meters away, don't work very well when in motion or turning, which all leads to a lack of trust in the system. I end up ignoring the beeping and do things the old fashioned way.

The rear camera does come in useful when reversing and parking, and more useful than the sensors.

:spiteful: Look through topic posts from 2008, you'll find a JVC & Kenwood 6 stacker with Bluetooth model numbers. DO NOT buy the Toyota unit, it is not money well spent (also previously mentioned). For side steps, have a look on Ebay. I don't know what the weathershields for the rear doors are like but the front doors are fairly useless and again can be found much cheaper on Ebay.

Highly recommend factory floor mats and the rear rubber mat in the cargo area. :toast:

Regarding dashboard rattle, I had a rattle from the middle of the dash near the trip computer and near the driver's side pillar. Turned out to be broken clips that holds the dash in place, fixed under warranty. <_<

• 1 year later...

No, The Altitude from my under standing is a run out model type thing till the end of the Financal year. :blink:

Not a bad thing for a family like us that wasn't really keen on leather,but got a few options with it :clap:

Are the Altitude extras something that are done in the factory or are they goodies added locally?

No, The Altitude from my under standing is a run out model type thing till the end of the Financal year. :blink:

Not a bad thing for a family like us that wasn't really keen on leather,but got a few options with it :clap:

Are the Altitude extras something that are done in the factory or are they goodies added locally?

I *think* the altitude has all the extras fitted locally. I've been told it is a special edition for a limited time only. Putting two and two together, I reckon it is to clear out old stock to make way for the facelifted model that is coming in July.

I'm looking for an Altitude this weekend :)

• 2 years later...

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/56737/toyota-kluger-altitude-back-again

Toyota's special-edition Kluger Altitude is back in showrooms this month, following its appearance in November last year.

Based on the KX-R model, Toyota says it has added more than $9000 in extra value for the Altitude model, available in two- and all-wheel-drive form.

Priced at $1300 more than the KX-R, the Altitude's additional features include satellite navigation and a rear entertainment package, along with a tilt-and-slide moonroof.

The wheels have also been upgraded from 17- to 19-inch alloys, and you'll also find black roof rails, front fog lights and Altitude badging.

The 6.1-inch display and satellite navigation system includes traffic updates and 3D mapping, while audio features include Bluetooth handsfree calling and audio streaming, USB and iPod connectivity, SD memory card slot and SMS message compatibility.

There's four exterior colours, and a black fabric interior trim.

Standard safety features in KX-R and Altitude form include seven airbags, including full-length side curtain-shield airbags and a driver's knee airbag.

Also standard are Toyota Driver Assist Technology, including vehicle stability control, traction control, Hill-start Assist Control and, on the all-wheel drive model only, Downhill Assist Control.

Like the KX-R, the Altitude is powered by a 201kW/337Nm 3.5 litre V6 petrol engine mated to a five-speed automatic transmission.

Related News & Reviews at TMR ▼

Kluger | Toyota | SUVs | Family Cars

Pricing (excludes on-road costs)

2012 Toyota Kluger 2WD Altitude - $44,990

2012 Toyota Kluger AWD Altitude - $48,490

Note: prices are Manufacturer's List Price and do not include dealer delivery or on-road costs.