Nos....?? any help??

does any one know wat would have to be done to my 1ZZ-FE engine if i wanted to run nos thru my air intake..

cos i got a mate who has 2 x 10 pound NOS bottles "dry" (full) with all the fittings that he's willing to give to me for bout 400 bucks..

but wanna see if they can be used on my stock motor.. any help would be awesome

does any one know wat would have to be done to my 1ZZ-FE engine if i wanted to run nos thru my air intake..

cos i got a mate who has 2 x 10 pound NOS bottles "dry" (full) with all the fittings that he's willing to give to me for bout 400 bucks..

NOS on stock motor = facepalm

They can be used on your stock motor, but it won't last very long :P

hope you can afford a new car :lol:

Evo

Edited by Evo7

They can be used on your stock motor, but it won't last very long :P

hope you can afford a new car :lol:

Evo

yup ok will scrap that idea than.. thanks

You can run a wet nitrous kit pretty safely on these engines as long as it's set up properly.

50hp "wet" kit, rpm activation switch, safeguard... etc.

This, except it's highly illegal. As long as you stick to a 50hp shot or under and maintain it well, you should get a bit more out of it.

ok, I know nothing of the legalities for you guys but know a little about the use of nitrous oxide.

I run a 50 shot on my stock 2zz and have known people here run 75+ safely.

Firstly, do NOT run a dry system on these engines, you are begging for trouble! get a WET kit (one that adds additional fuel with the nitrous) and you should be able to run up to 50hp safely if set up right and used sensibly.

you will need the following

throttle switch to only activate at WOT wide open throttle

in car master switch to fully disable the system

wet kit (such as http://www.noswizard.com/product_desc.php?id=59) thats the one I run, not sure what the exchange rate is UK>AUS tho

ONLY use the nitrous at 3500rpm and higher (4500 and higher on 2zz engine)

only use it in a gear where the engine is accelerating freely, typically 2nd and 3rd as 1st is just crazy and 4th+ can be too high

do NOT hit the rev limiter... EVER when on nitrous!

The injector (fogger) needs to be mounted before the throttle body but pointing directly in to the intake manifold, I find sometimes a small angle about 15 degrees from center works best.

Personally on the 1zz I wouldn't go much above maybe 35 or 40hp just to keep it safe but 50hp used sensibly and set up well should be safe.

Unfortunately I don't know what the law is on nitrous use for you guys, we can use it as we like here :D

If you need any more pointers or advice feel free to ask, ill try and help out as much as I can.

Edited by MyRomeo

10000000000000% illegal here any state.

Would not even entertain the idea of a dry set up. Properly set up wet style NOS system would work as Jimmy said but the biggest problem with NOS is you get greedy and want more then all of a sudden there is a shower of schrapnel coming out from under the car and you kiss that engine goodbye.....

nos.jpg

talk to mate here he will hook u up.... he says running nos on the steet is totally legel and safe, not to mention cool

he lives hes life a quarter mile at a time and i think hes the coolest :(

lol vin diesel

• 4 months later...

i know my local (mt druitt, nsw) autobarn is able to supply (and perhaps install) NOS... am i right or wrong in hearing that while its not illegal to have the NOS system installed on the engine, its illegal to use it?

the autobarn has from memory a honda engine on display with the kit installed.. also saw 2 dyno sheets, one of which was a from a 2zz celica.

its been a couple months since i acually took a close look at it but im sure another local can confirm this?

I also know a guy whos friends with the dude with the nos bottle slung on his shoulder, his name is Brian. And he's got 2 MASSIVE bottles in his GTR R34. Lol

How about having NOS and using it for its purging effects? (like fast & furious) For some wicked camera shots and added coolness. Is that illegal too? If not, seriously, just start pouring premium petrol. (if you already do, get a setup for jetfuel and add some wings)

i know my local (mt druitt, nsw) autobarn is able to supply (and perhaps install) NOS... am i right or wrong in hearing that while its not illegal to have the NOS system installed on the engine, its illegal to use it?

the autobarn has from memory a honda engine on display with the kit installed.. also saw 2 dyno sheets, one of which was a from a 2zz celica.

its been a couple months since i acually took a close look at it but im sure another local can confirm this?

I know in QLD it's illegal to have ANY NOS gear setup in your car - lines, tanks, etc. That being said, while I was at Autobarn we used to sell a damn lot of it (not fit the kit's, it's seen as mechanical work which we weren't covered by insurance for) but the way I see it is like this - it's completely and utterly illegal to change a powerpoint at home and yet you can buy them without any hassles from a lot of places ;)

I also know a guy whos friends with the dude with the nos bottle slung on his shoulder, his name is Brian. And he's got 2 MASSIVE bottles in his GTR R34. Lol

How about having NOS and using it for its purging effects? (like fast & furious) For some wicked camera shots and added coolness. Is that illegal too? If not, seriously, just start pouring premium petrol. (if you already do, get a setup for jetfuel and add some wings)

Once again, illegal. Carbon dioxide isn't however ;)

... but the way I see it is like this - it's completely and utterly illegal to change a powerpoint at home and yet you can buy them without any hassles from a lot of places ;)

Very good and quite a true comparison.