SPL Woofer recommendations

Eargunk

Hi, im still doing my plans for my project car:

Im looking for a subwoofer & amp, competition grade and can pump out huge DB but have some restirctions

-The amp can feed the woofer efficiently but only use 1 battery per amp (this crosses out the 10k warhorse kicker amp)

-Money is no limit

-RCA will be attached to a processor and not the head unit (for higher voltage)

-Purchased in person and not over the net (easier warrenty, i know they wont cover abuse but looking for faulty products)

-Size of box is no limit (removing rear seats)

-Can be 2 amps running 1 woofer

any recommendations? and i will double ply dynamatt extreme and the plate dynamatt and will be run in properly

wow. money unlimted? thats sick, i had jl audio 13w7, one sub with home made box pulld about 145db~

but sus out www.mobileelectronics.com.au these guys a audio freaks and actually know what there talking about.

FOCAL 18" Subwoofer

K2 Power

Maximum of 2000 Watts RMS

Sensitivity 96.5dB

http://www.focalaustralia.com.au/k2_power.html

OR

Alphasonik

Mayhem 900 Series 12"

2200 Watts RMS

Sensitivity 93dB

800 Series Subwoofers - Dual 2-Ohm Subwoofers or 4-ohm

1000 Watts RMS

Sensitivity 94dB

http://www.alphasonikuk.com/

that is my reccommendations.... can't think anymore at the moment

wow. money unlimted? thats sick, i had jl audio 13w7, one sub with home made box pulld about 145db~

but sus out www.mobileelectronics.com.au these guys a audio freaks and actually know what there talking about.

haha akuma go JL! still have my w6 running a sq set up, ran 2/3 of the 500/1 and still pulled 133db!

where were you for the sq contest! i did the toyota boys proud :P

but back on topic... hmmm i recommend DD or earthquake subs. they are full BEAST and of course you gotta SD everything so the sound stays in

Dynamat extreme is the way to go and cover up service holes with mdf wood

haha akuma go JL! still have my w6 running a sq set up, ran 2/3 of the 500/1 and still pulled 133db!

but back on topic... hmmm i recommend DD or earthquake subs. they are full BEAST and of course you gotta SD everything so the sound stays in

where you there at the mordialloc skateworld? i was there for like about 5mins, i meet up with the guy in the red car that was running 2x W3's, didnt know you was going to be there wouldov sticked around. i removed my whole system out, sisters taking my car :/ i must hear your system one day, where abouts you located?

Looks excellent (the sound stream xxx) but how would you run an amp at 16v? a High output alternator?

im too young for a house deposit (cant do the weekly payments and parents said, when your young, do waht ever you want, go out party and what not, when your old you got commitments) i got 1.5 years to stuff around then its a full time job (cause i study full time and part time job)

15k thats like a riced up car there hehe. might have to get springs with the weight of the woofer.

The 18inch xxx is 1.8k from ryda, free shipping!

and the amp is order in for 3k 10,000D, looks pretty sweet

i can say field trip to sydney! Wait! its free shipping! warrenty is going to be a pain the rear. Unless anyone knows if jb hifi or wow sight and sound stocks soundstream products? cause i might compare them with ryda

if i do get it, could i just run it off its own battery (saves me from getting a larger alternator)?

Edited by Eargunk

Looks excellent (the sound stream xxx) but how would you run an amp at 16v? a High output alternator?

im too young for a house deposit (cant do the weekly payments and parents said, when your young, do waht ever you want, go out party and what not, when your old you got commitments) i got 1.5 years to stuff around then its a full time job (cause i study full time and part time job)

15k thats like a riced up car there hehe. might have to get springs with the weight of the woofer.

The 18inch xxx is 1.8k from ryda, free shipping!

and the amp is order in for 3k 10,000D, looks pretty sweet

i can say field trip to sydney! Wait! its free shipping! warrenty is going to be a pain the rear. Unless anyone knows if jb hifi or wow sight and sound stocks soundstream products? cause i might compare them with ryda

if i do get it, could i just run it off its own battery (saves me from getting a larger alternator)?

Most people going for more than 14.4V end up running a dedicated alternator for the amp and trick the voltage regulator into a higher output. Pretty stupid and pointless though I think. You can't run anything JUST off a battery, batteries are mainly there to start the car and provide power in high-load situations when alternator voltage drops below battery voltage.

after reading up on that woofer and amp, i think i might stick to sq subs, found out they drain power like crazy and is possible to do panel damage, bits falling off and what not. the box is huge as as well so i dont think its worth it....

where you there at the mordialloc skateworld? i was there for like about 5mins, i meet up with the guy in the red car that was running 2x W3's, didnt know you was going to be there wouldov sticked around. i removed my whole system out, sisters taking my car :/ i must hear your system one day, where abouts you located?

nahh didnt go there just went straight the the event. pretty funny the guy in the red car gave me advise on how to make my car more suited for spl. haha till next time mate.

im located in blackburn

if its the same red car guy, his names brad? his an installer, customizer as well, he does good jobs etc. made a box for a guy i know, fitted 6 x W6s in a steel box :/ boosted his DB reading by 5dbs. crazy what people do just to go harder.