R35 GTR .... street legal ?

bloody hell bill how big is that rock your living under :P

mate .... i drive 2 the office @ sunrise and drive home @ sunset ..... so not much time to catch any sights :( :(

the lambo is black, the ferrari is red & i think the hummer is yellow ..... or was it black .... cant remember

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Demirs armenian, and loaded too. Yeh his also got a few beemers mercs sporting the Demir plates.

The R35 must be street registered. I saw a grey 1 hammering it over the harbour bridge. Sexy looking thing.

Nissan dropped the R3x and just call it GT-R.

You sure? Nissan did separate the GTR from the Skyline line up, however instead of starting the chassis designation from 1 they kept the Skyline GTR heritage going by starting at 35.

http://press.nissan-global.com/PRESSKIT/NI...ONS/index2.html

•MODEL Nissan CBA-R35

hey guys,

spotted my first R35 GTR on the road today ..... i didnt think these were street legal yet ? could u even get the complianced ? big bucks i imagine .......

basically for those in sydney will knw this car eventually as its owned by Demir ...... looks like he upgraded from the ferrari i think or maybe the black lambo ......

for those outside of sydney basically the dude owns demir furniture ..... his garage includes;

1) Ferrari

2) Lambo

3) Hummer

4) Latest M series beamer

5) Latest AMG merc

and they r the cars that i have seen ...... how do i knw they r his ..... simple .... they r tagged ..... Demir, Demir1, Demir2, Demir3 etc.

They are coming in under low volume imports.....There must also be alot of money in Leather furniture when I did property management I use to manage a couple of properties above the Chatswood shop and everytime I went there was also a different car from a Lambo to a Fezza, Hummer etc.

I think I should start selling Leather furniture :lol:

yeah r35 has beeen register for awhile now in syd.. there is a guy that imports them in lidcombe/homebush....

and for about 150k you can get one.. last time i check with him...

when to his workshop one day.. he had like 4 of them sittin there...along with 2 ferrari's and a few R34 GTR vspec II...

yeah r35 has beeen register for awhile now in syd.. there is a guy that imports them in lidcombe/homebush....

and for about 150k you can get one.. last time i check with him...

when to his workshop one day.. he had like 4 of them sittin there...along with 2 ferrari's and a few R34 GTR vspec II...

Is that IMG? I remember watching the oz-top gear clip on the gtr they actually gave IMG a plug in the clip. But heck, if someone lent me an r35 for a day, i'd get they're company name tattooed on my *****!

doesn't this thing weigh something like 1800kg

what a waste. it's as big as an ss commodore.

r34 all the way

But the GT-R only weighs 190kg more than the R34. When you consider the R34 has a power to weight ratio of 204.55 hp/tonne and the GT-R is 270.29 hp/tonne, not to mention the GT-R pushes 588Nm of torque (196 more than the R34) at 1200RPM lower, you would think the extra weight of the GT-R would mean nothing.

you can make a pile of sht faster if you give it more power

if i've learnt anything at qr, it's weight is the enemy. how else can i explain that mongrel da9 integra doing 61 seconds.

plenty of power up options for other gtr's, but i can tell you, it's a lot harder to lose weight..

what ppl think?

whitestivo

if i've learnt anything at qr, it's weight is the enemy. how else can i explain that mongrel da9 integra doing 61 seconds.

plenty of power up options for other gtr's, but i can tell you, it's a lot harder to lose weight..

what ppl think?

whitestivo

But the GTR can handle its own weight.

You should have also learned from your few outings at QR, that although the sportivo is light, it handles like a mofo without the proper suspension upgrades.

what ppl think?

I'm not the most knowledgeable on the subject, but I can see how weight would be a key factor in affecting performance. The GT-R is not really like any other Skyline. This thing has been designed with the track in mind, so one would think that the weight of it obviously would have some effect, but not so much of a great one that it kills the car. It's hard to make comparisons with this car, but from one of the results recorded from QR, it has shown 0.59.60 (link below) around the track. Now this may not be the smallest number, but it's not simply a case of making a "pile of sht faster". It has the ability to carry it's weight around the track.

http://www.qldraceways.com.au/Administrati...eriesforweb.pdf

As well, I'm not big on the track racing thing, but I'm pretty sure that with the GT-R obtaining 7:29:03 around the Nürburgring, that's gotta mean something.

if this big lump was lighter, like the old r34, it would be quicker? everyone else is building lighter cars, subaru, mitsubishi, maybe nissan didn't get the memo.

this car reminds me of the 350z, and why everyone is now waiting for the 370z.

whitestivo

stock as a rock, evoX also posted a 60 second lap back in February

don't get me wrong ppl, this car has plenty of value, but it's a missed opportunity.

Is it possible they'll bring out another spec of the same car with heaps of weight reduction in it? have they done that before?

whitestivo

I think the thing to remember here is that Nissan have not designed this car purely for track use. The interior and ride of these cars have been said to be really comfortable. For example, each front seat alone weighs 60 pounds because of the electronic seat adjustments, airbags, and the general construction to make it more comfortable. You can even see that it was made with comfort in mind when you consider it has an 11 speaker BOSE sound system.

I agree that it could be made lighter if Nissan intended (and may get better track times as a result), but I don't think this was the highest on their priority list mainly as they were building this as a road going car. I somehow don't think though that the extra weight of the GT-R is going to prevent people from buying it. If they want to make it lighter themselves; they will find a way.

Is it possible they'll bring out another spec of the same car with heaps of weight reduction in it? have they done that before?

Makes sense, considering the car was built to take on the 911 from the start.

No doubt some V-spec, Nur and other variants will come along in time, with more power and less weight/gadgets. Pretty sure a Vspec has already been announced actually

if this big lump was lighter, like the old r34, it would be quicker? everyone else is building lighter cars, subaru, mitsubishi, maybe nissan didn't get the memo.

this car reminds me of the 350z, and why everyone is now waiting for the 370z.

whitestivo

Mate, you've missed the point. The GTR is designed for BOTH the track and road.

And with that in mind it has all the comforts, safety, and goodies that DJKOR has listed.

60sec around QR is a decent time for a fully trimmed car. Also, I wouldn't be suprised if the dirver was slightly off the limit. As I'm sure he didn't want to be known as "the guy that put the GTR in the gravel".

Yes they probably would bring out a "light" GTR with less things and higher price tag, ie GT3 vs GT3RS or gallardo vs gallardo superleggera

But if Nissan really wanted to build a track ONLY R35 it'd probably look something like this, but thats not the point with the GTR we see on the road.

To make a car go faster around the track is not simply just lose some weight; aero and balance are just as important at this level.

Not everything is about the track mate. And QR is not the best of place to judge a cars overall performance.

stock as a rock, evoX also posted a 60 second lap back in February

don't get me wrong ppl, this car has plenty of value, but it's a missed opportunity.

whitestivo

That guy had serious skill, the R35 GTR owner was taking it easy, like I said first session out knocked out 3 60sec laps. Got down to a 59.6 while his mate in the track spec R32 GTR only managed a 59.4, so the R35 is an amazing car that is stupidly quick, also remember the Evo ran a dry track where last SAS there was still alittle water around.

i like the track as the times are definite, and yes drivers are crap (me), and yes tracks get wet but still good base. for example we all can see that you were 3 seconds slower then me DHC09.

and don't ppl think that by these ppl importing them direct, it's less of an incentive for nissan to bring in in the future as they lose sales?

whitestivo