How much did you pay?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't seen the black stivo cruising the streets of Castle Hill yet xTiGeRx. :P Will keep an eye out, although i am going on holidays for two weeks as of Friday.

Well everything is approved with my car now so now its just the 2-3 month wait.

Anyone know where i can see some front on shots of a Sportivo with the Sports Grille... wanna know what it looks like/if its worthhile.

xTiGeRx: Any noises yet? ;) :P

Tivo Matt: hehehe...nah..not much cruising done in caste hill. mostly in the blacktown/rooty hill area.

Met up with xoom and took me for a ride....sweet!

more photos to post.

***Common Noises***

1) Gear Selector Cable - CHECK <_<

2) Dash Rattle - CHECK <_<

3) Brake Noises - CHECK <_<

***Something Unique***

1) Ticking noise when idling - CHECK <_<

Well, i haven't missed out on anything...have i? <_<

heheheh

Sorry to hear that xTigerx,

my car is just fine now...no noise no rattle..

but then i changed the headunit...dont know if thats got to do with the noise tho..

for the keyhole noise..just use a heavier keyring...

that helps..:)

i still have that reverse brake noise tho..

• 1 month later...
Herald Sun Motoring section today (20/02) Melbourne City Toyota have 3 new "stivos at $24995 +OTR....

Probably '03 build, but is this a good deal...??

It is a good deal, such a good deal that I went down today and got myself one! So know I'm finally a proud owner of a white Toyota Sportivo :D

Spent 4 hourse in the dealership from 1pm to 5pm haggling the price and trying to get them to lower it. They did finally, but by really little, cos they said that $24995 is already a discounted price and there isn't much they could do about moving that. The white Stivo also already had tinting done on the windows and therefore I couldn't get them to move that price arounf much either.

In the end, he threw in Sportivo mats and a book of discount vouchers <_< oh, he also gave me a 30% discount off accessories in the future.

Well, though I was really happy at the end of the day, I'm also really buggered. 4 hours and after only having 4 hours of sleep the night before due to work. I'm surprised that he didn't try to sell me an Echo.

Anyway, I look forward to picking up the the Stivo on Thursday and I can finally join the family. Cruise anyone?

That is full cheap E-Gene! :o

Is this a demo car? Coz for that price it does sound like a demo car.

Is this a 2004 model Stivo or 2003 model?

BTW...Good choice dude! ;)

Yup, for a Stivo is was friggin cheap. Really glad that I waited and got this deal.

Yes it's a 2003 model but no it's not a demo, it's BRAND NEW! :D

They said that they lowered the price to attract people to go to their dealership. By the time I left on Sat, 2 out of 3 Stivos were already sold, leaving a Cascade Blue one on the lot and I'm sure that it must be sold by now.

But well, I'll have to thanks this forum for helping me realise my dream. If it wasn't for dakota's post, I'd never have known about it. Good job there!

Cruise anyone? Great Ocean Road?

e-gene, i was told by the sales guy at MCT that the cascade blue on sunday morning that the cascade blue one is a 2004 plated car, and i was so very close to signing on the dotted line for $28000 drive away but we couldnt agree on the price of the trade in for my 2003 conquest with sat nav, they offered me $400 for the sat nav thats worth over $3000, what a *&^% rippoff.

e-gene, i was told by the sales guy at MCT that the cascade blue on sunday morning that the cascade blue one is a 2004 plated car, and i was so very close to signing on the dotted line for $28000 drive away but we couldnt agree on the price of the trade in for my 2003 conquest with sat nav, they offered me $400 for the sat nav thats worth over $3000, what a *&^% rippoff.

That punk! He never told me that the Cascade blue one was 2004 plated. Oh well, I preferred white anyway, never liked the blue.

Anyway, I'm picking up the car tomorrow, opps, actually it's about 7 hours from now...how exciting! Do you guys remember what it was like when you were going to collect the car? :rolleyes:

Yeah I do, I was in my lanos, trade plate on the back (it was out of rego and they gave me $11,000 and a set of trade plates to get it to them) Got there, waited an hour for things to be finalised and for them to swap the plates from the Lanos and then I was on my way again. REALLY happy with the service they gave me, they came to my house at 7:30 at night to look at the lanos and see if they could give me $11,000 when everyone else only offered me $6,000. they gave me trade plates, they phoned me every 2 weeks for the first 2 months of ownership to check I was still happy and to remind me any problems just give them a call and they will be on it. At service time, my GF at the time (no longer with her) was working about 5 km's from them, she took the car in on the way to work, they then dropped her at work did the service then picked her up when she finished (And I got her car for the day, 1 year old Renault Clio Sport, nice little car).

The excitement I felt was great when picking my car up, I did feel a little sorrow giving Lenny (lanos) away as that was the last of my redundancy from somewhere I had worked 8.5 years but once I hit lift, I left it all behind :).

Blade

$29, 015 on road with Paint protection (removing all badging bar the VVTL-i) Personalised Plates and Sports Grill.

I should be getting a phone call today to let me know which day next week it will be ready :)

So E-Gene I dare say I will be feeling the same very shorlty also :)

Take out your Sat Nav and install it in your new Stivo, if not, sell it! Don't let them rip you off. Who did you deal with at MCT?

I think the guys name was Mark Rogers, he was nice to deal with but ultimately he had to run back and forth to the managers office to get the OK with his boss.

I think i might wait untill the new face lifted sportivo arrives in May, there might be some good deals to get rid of the old stock...........

• 4 weeks later...

:o $23,888.00 + ORC 2003 Corolla Sportivo Model Brand New at Anthony Smith Toyota (Melb - Coburg) - the age - page 23 20/3/2004

:o Herald Sun 12/3/2004, page - $25,998.00 + ORC 2003 Corolla Sportivo Model Brand New at McMillan Toyota (Preston).

:o Couple of other dealers in Melbourne have runout 2003 Model Corolla Sportivo's for around $24998.00 to $25,999.00 + ORC (can bargain down), check out Friday Herald Sun or Saturdays Age for details. Last week (12-13/03/2004) - Dealers are MCT and LANE TOYOTA.

:o I heard that Ballarat Toyota and Geelong Toyota can beat these prices, 1 hour drive from Melb but worth it.

:huh: They have pushed prices down since first shipment of 2004 model, it seems dealers must make room.

:D Should of waited but I wanted a 2004 model and have bought it.

:rolleyes: Its Feb 2004 build and compliance. Silver with the sportivo pedals, scuff guard, dash mat, front and rear floor mats, alarm upgrade with full sensors, bonnet and headlight covers, full towpack, with towbar, ball, ball cover and harness, lock nuts, 2 head rear parking sensors, tinted windows and full aftermarker pack including interior, exterior and rust protection; full tank of petrol. The damage, $30,498.24incGST exactly on the road with everything, insurance, rego, the lot.

<_< Apart from the knocking noise when stopped at idle, after pushing hard, seems ok. Will wait until run it and let you know. No other problems.

Cheers

Yes, another soul has seen the light.

One of my vendors that I deal with at work, has seen my Sportivo. I took him for a small spin and showed all the standard features.

He has rang Anthony Smith Toyota and place a hold on a new 2003 Silver Sportivo Model. Instant conversion. Will let you know how much he paid and what extra's he will obtain. He will join the forum soon.

Welcome to the Dark Side, "now I, am your father".