Brisbane Aurion needs upgrading

Mickie

Howdy fellow Aurion SX6/ZR6/TRD drivers,

Need some help with finding the key people here in brisbane to help me do some work on my SX6.

Need exhaust, brakes, suspension. Any help with some contact details would be appreciated. Cheers

mate being in west australia, i can't help you although it is clear to me that brisbane is the best place to own an aurion. most of the modified cars here are from brisbane and you'll find all the "how to's" in the pinned FAQ.. good luck and good choice

Probably best to search over in the 'Workshops and Maintenance' forum, or ask there if your question is not already been answered. You will be more likely to get some good information over there from some of the locals, and probably pick up more attention.

Edit: I'll do this here to save another post. Just off topic Drew, it's not my Varex thread as you've stated below. Credit to me though, hehehe.

I can help you with any exhaust bits you need ;) Refer to Daryl's Varex thread, there are some photo's of the work we did on Ash's car and we've also done some on Rowan's car. I'm 95% of the way through a SRI for the Aurion, when it's done I'm sure Rowan will make a thread on it.

I can help you with any exhaust bits you need ;) Refer to Daryl's Varex thread, there are some photo's of the work we did on Ash's car and we've also done some on Rowan's car. I'm 95% of the way through a SRI for the Aurion, when it's done I'm sure Rowan will make a thread on it.

Cheers thanks for the info. Made notes for the Varex. Was actually looking at the Xforce website as well so got that penned in the Exhaust column lol

Cheers thanks for the info. Made notes for the Varex. Was actually looking at the Xforce website as well so got that penned in the Exhaust column lol

My opinion. It's not worth going Varex unless you just want the ability to silence it easily. If you work out a way to incorporate it into a full exhaust (since when open it is a straight through 2.5 inch muffler) and then be able to get some gains out of it, then it may prove worthy because you have that ability to silence it. But if you can put up with extra noise 24/7, then go for a full exhaust without Varex as it would be the most worth it.

theres threads in the aurion section comparing pedders and king springs or even coilovers if you want to go that way

there is a number of people in bris with exhast done...all diff, u could meet up with some of us if u wanted to hear them (me, secaboy,DJKOR,Supercharged TRD)

good luck with breaks cos none of us have done that yet.

just search or ask specific questions and we will be happy to help

for all my aurion mates here

another good upgrade for the aurion is to sell it and buy a 2zz sportivo

:D :D :D

get this guy out of here :lol:

Stupid environmental protection and their save the Earth crap. If it weren't for that, I'd love to see what lift would do to a V6.

theres threads in the aurion section comparing pedders and king springs or even coilovers if you want to go that way

there is a number of people in bris with exhast done...all diff, u could meet up with some of us if u wanted to hear them (me, secaboy,DJKOR,Supercharged TRD)

good luck with breaks cos none of us have done that yet.

just search or ask specific questions and we will be happy to help

Thanks fro the advice...think i've got the suspension sorted after wading my way through this website lol.... exhaust i qam still torn....Varex looks to be the go so far without selling my first born child and getting a full complete new system... Brakes i haven't started yet...mate says that its not impossible, but my wallet better be big lol

Will take you up on the invite to meet up soon as i get a free weekend.

cheers

Howdy fellow Aurion SX6/ZR6/TRD drivers,

Need some help with finding the key people here in brisbane to help me do some work on my SX6.

Need exhaust, brakes, suspension. Any help with some contact details would be appreciated. Cheers

Not to sure why you'd want a brake upgrade if your only mods would be an exhaust and maybe intake i think your best bet is better pads

Not to sure why you'd want a brake upgrade if your only mods would be an exhaust and maybe intake i think your best bet is better pads

He may want to take it to the track. Brake fade on the stock discs and pads will cost those extra seconds.

While on the topic of brakes, I think I should do mine soon. The rotors are giving a little vibration so instead of shaving them, I may as well get some new ones. Then I'll definitely be ready for track in June.

While on the topic of brakes, I think I should do mine soon. The rotors are giving a little vibration so instead of shaving them, I may as well get some new ones. Then I'll definitely be ready for track in June.

You can get DBA 4000 series in an Aurion fittment and some better pads.

Thanks for that. Just had a look at their site just then. Definitely something I am going to order once I get the chance.

Thanks for that. Just had a look at their site just then. Definitely something I am going to order once I get the chance.

Personally, I'd be looking at some RDA rotors - I've heard some stories of the 4000 series rotors cracking when used for track work.