WATCH OUT ON M2 FOR STUPID KIDS!!!!!

CME-LFT

Hi guys, im in a mood to complain CAUSE SOME STUPID KIDS THREW EGGS OFF A BRIDGE ON THE M2 today, RIGHT ON TOP OF MY CAR, whole bonnet needs respraying as well as the front bumper cause its cracked all the paint. Looks like a damn golf ball smashed into it.

Almost a full dozen eggs landed on the bonnet, i couldnt stop to get out cause it was where they are doing the train line work and there was no possible way to chase them.

The car stinks of egg even though i got it washed n buffed asap. Ive tried spraying lynx and car freshner in the car and through the vents that the car sucks air into.

Anyone got any ideas at all how to get rid of the smell?

I dont know why or how they got into there seeing as its a construction sorta zone.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH , i drove a bomb for 2 yrs, no trolleys, no eggs, no accidents and now i own a car i love and enjoy and do my best to maintain and so far, trolleys smacked into the front bumper, both sides of the bumper have been reversed into and NOW EGGS!!!!!

Imagine if it was a rock, i as well as others could have been in an accident. So please all, beware of around there, it could be a one off case or they could keep doing it but i hope nothing like this ever happens to your pride and joy.

sorry guys. just felt like i had to let it out.

Ouch man. That really, really sucks. I just don't get how there are such idiots out there that think this is a fun thing to do. I saw on TV once where kids where throwing smallish stones at cars going by on a highway. At those speeds, they do a lot of damage. Don't they realise how dangerous this can be. Imagine if it hit your windscreen and obstructed all your vision. What losers.

Anyways, for the odour, once you have cleaned up as much as you can, have a look into ozone treatment. Ozone is good at killing odours and may prove to be a good place to start in this case. I work around the hospitality field, and one place you tend to find these units are in hotels and restaurants. If you know anyone working in that industry, you may even be able to borrow one for a bit. With most commercial ozone generators, depending on how bad the odour is, treatment usually lasts for about 10 to 30 minutes.

Thanks, i might have a look into that. I was also thinking of using glen 20 cause it supposibly "eliminates" the odour not just mask it.lol

It seems as if the actual bonnet smells.

Ah well ill see what happens. ill go buy a can tomorow.

it happens everywhere..

over in WA it happened to a couple of my frens as well..

they chuck a stick at jason`s car n left a deep scratch on his bonnet

then my fren`s 1 week old brand new c-class got destroyed..they chucked beer bottles at it.. a couple of them

what do they get out of this?? i really dont get it..

it happens everywhere..

then my fren`s 1 week old brand new c-class got destroyed..they chucked beer bottles at it.. a couple of them

:o where in perth jeremy?

With all this sort of stuff on the news recently about kids throwing crap off of walkways n such they should have cameras on all of them, even fake ones as a deterant.

I cant even sleep tonight and i got to wake up for work at 4 in the morning cause of the damn car.

With all this sort of stuff on the news recently about kids throwing crap off of walkways n such they should have cameras on all of them, even fake ones as a deterant.

I cant even sleep tonight and i got to wake up for work at 4 in the morning cause of the damn car.

thing is thou.. damage to the car is something minor but some guy that chucked a brick or rock @ a car actually ALMOST killed someone..

that aint cool for some idiotic prank..

sorry to hear about this crap mate :angry: and hope alls well with the car soon,anyway about 2 mths back one of our tow truck drivers was driving in Preston 80kph(melb)on a main rd when a guy threw himself in front of one of our trucks(suicide attempt)he survived.the poor driver has just come back to work and ive known him for about 5-6 yrs and he is not the same guy after this, ya can tell he is not right and will proberly be with him for a long long time.anyway goodluck with gettin rid of that egg smell its a shocking stench after a while.

If someone is stupid enough to throw stuff off a bridge at someone, they are too stupid to know the reasons why they do it. With the amount of deaths and the occurrence of it you think there would be screens along side the bridges...

Road bridges are a fairly new thing, its been happening to rail drivers for a lot longer; it is a very stressful job because of that **** (as well as morons trying to run the gates).

it happens everywhere..

leach

why is everybody against vigilante justice?

itd be so much funnier to find where the kids parked and egg their car. so it dries whilst theyre on the bridge.

No, funny would be to egg the kid.

Hard.

Repeatedly.

With a lot of eggs. :spiteful:

Unlike kids, adults can afford to buy a lot of eggs.........

(Note: not intended to be carried out. Theory only)

it happens everywhere..

leach

Not sure if you guys were old enough to hear about this or were around back then, but there was a period of a few months about 12-13 years ago where kids did that on a constant basis. It was a hype that kids were doing, except they actually managed to take a person's life. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe it happened in Perth on the freeway off the bridge of Glendalough train station (the one in leedy).

In the end a group of kids got caught, and the 'throwing-object-off-a-bridge' hype stopped. I don't know what it is kids get up to, but I swear some of them don't get proper education. They grow up being dropkicks and their next generation behaves like them and the cycle continues.