Racing my AE-112R

Anyway, my second car is a manual AE-112R Hatch & yesterday evening sort of dragged a VT Commodore Auto V6 at the lights. Was travelling along Mona Vale back to St.Ives when this guy came from nowhere & passed me doin well over the 90km/h limit. Anyway we stopped at the lights at a T junction between ForestWay & Myoora Rd - we both happened to be at the front. I can tell he was keen to fry me cause he started inching along as the other lights turned amber. Anyway soon as the lights turned green, blipped the throttle at 2500rpm to avoid excessive wheelspin, dumped the clutch & I got the jump on him by 1 car length to 40km/h in 1st gear but only at 3/4 throttle & I could hear the buzzy roar from his motor as he was hell bent on beatin me. So I slammed into 2nd at 52km/h at redline at full throttle & he was gaining a bit on me till we were side by side to 100km/h in 3rd then I inched ahead by about 1/2 metre from 110 - 120km/h & held him there up to 140km/h but I had to brake & change lanes cause I was in the left hand lane & there was a slow coach in front. After that he slowed down to the speed limit & I did the same keepin a respectable distance from him cause I know he'd beat me in rolling gear acceleration so your best chance of an upset is standing start & in the hands of a good driver gettin the take off right. My car admittedly was lightly modded with KAZE CAI intake, Perfect Powr Piggyback tuned to Synergy 8000, Magnecore Leads, Super Slip Black Pearl Engine oil & Slick Black Pearl Tranny oil. I'm sure if other driver reacted as quick as I did, I may not have won but I'd certainly make him earn his win.

Dude,

You did well to beat him off the lights.

Usually they spank a Front Wheel Drive off the lights with their greater torque and less wheelspin. (Well thats what I find !)

Rolling start you have more chance.

Cheers

T.

Anyway, my second car is a manual AE-112R Hatch & yesterday evening sort of dragged a VT Commodore Auto V6 at the lights. Was travelling along Mona Vale back to St.Ives when this guy came from nowhere & passed me doin well over the 90km/h limit. Anyway we stopped at the lights at a T junction between ForestWay & Myoora Rd  - we both happened to be at the front. I can tell he was keen to fry me cause he started inching along as the other lights turned amber. Anyway soon as the lights turned green, blipped the throttle at 2500rpm to avoid excessive wheelspin, dumped the clutch & I got the jump on him by 1 car length to 40km/h in 1st gear but only at 3/4 throttle & I could hear the buzzy roar from his motor as he was hell bent on beatin me. So I slammed into 2nd at 52km/h at redline at full throttle & he was gaining a bit on me till we were side by side to 100km/h in 3rd then I inched ahead by about 1/2 metre from 110 - 120km/h & held him there up to 140km/h but I had to brake & change lanes cause I was in the left hand lane & there was a slow coach in front. After that he slowed down to the speed limit & I did the same keepin a respectable distance from him cause I know he'd beat me in rolling gear acceleration so your best chance of an upset is standing start & in the hands of a good driver gettin the take off right. My car admittedly was lightly modded with KAZE CAI intake, Perfect Powr Piggyback tuned to Synergy 8000, Magnecore Leads, Super Slip Black Pearl Engine oil & Slick Black Pearl Tranny oil. I'm sure if other driver reacted as quick as I did, I may not have won but I'd certainly make him earn his win.

The road was straight & was slightly downhill. By the way I forgot I replaced my stock clutch with a single plate heavy duty clutch (50% more clampin force with lightened flywheel. Can't wait to get your model - with the same mods put on your car, I'd be more confident of winning against that vehicle I raced.

Mrbee, are you from NSW by any chance? You are very lucky a copper didn't catch you; if caught street racing the cops are legally entitiled to confiscate your car and charge you for storage/towing etc..........a potentially expensive little outing.........

Mrbee, are you from NSW by any chance? You are very lucky a copper didn't catch you; if caught street racing the cops are legally entitiled to confiscate your car and charge you for storage/towing etc..........a potentially expensive little outing.........

You don't enjoy driving, do you?????? You probably drive like a PUSSY!!! :angry::angry:

You don't enjoy driving,  do you?????? You probably drive like a PUSSY!!! :angry:  :angry:

Hooray for the traffic light hero..... Wake up to yourself mrbee not only is street racing illegal its **** stupid....

If you want to race your car then I suggest you go to the test and tune nights at your local dragway, or trackday sprint sessions that are held at the major racetracks in most states check the events section and you will see them posted...

But if you insist on being a traffic light hero I suggest you try the hot fours forum HERE your fulli hectik stories about chopping AUTO commodores will probably be more appreaciated there. Cause I know for a fact if you posted this same topic on some of the major toyota forums it would have been deleted and you would have been warned not to post crap like this again...

my 2c

You don't enjoy driving, do you?????? You probably drive like a PUSSY!!! :angry::angry:

Congratulations you are a w@nker. Keep it on the track dipsh!t

You don't enjoy driving,  do you?????? You probably drive like a PUSSY!!! :angry:  :angry:

Hooray for the traffic light hero..... Wake up to yourself mrbee not only is street racing illegal its **** stupid....

If you want to race your car then I suggest you go to the test and tune nights at your local dragway, or trackday sprint sessions that are held at the major racetracks in most states check the events section and you will see them posted...

But if you insist on being a traffic light hero I suggest you try the hot fours forum HERE your fulli hectik stories about chopping AUTO commodores will probably be more appreaciated there. Cause I know for a fact if you posted this same topic on some of the major toyota forums it would have been deleted and you would have been warned not to post crap like this again...

If it's crap then you must be ***!!

judging from your nickname up there, if he drives like a pussy, i dun even think your sting would be 'man' enough.

point is, road racing is a sensitive issue. posting that thread up there publicly admits it. it could potentially bring this whole place down. perhaps some discretion next time.

judging from your nickname up there, if he drives like a pussy, i dun even think your sting would be 'man' enough.

point is, road racing is a sensitive issue. posting that thread up there publicly admits it. it could potentially bring this whole place down. perhaps some discretion next time.

Well, one who has accumulated 6 points on his licence must drive like a pussy.

guys in all fairness name some one here that hasn't taken someone from the lights.

like masturbation

you're a dikhead if you say you do

a liar if you say you don't

a lot of people on this forum do not take their car to the track and i think it would be very hard to drive the 2zz in a "spirited" fashion and get out of first gear so maybe go easy on the bible bashing. eh fellas?

i agree with shao though descretion is advised at all times

guys in all fairness name some one here that hasn't taken someone from the lights.

like masturbation

you're a dikhead if you say you do

a liar if you say you don't

a lot of people on this forum do not take their car to the track and i think it would be very hard to drive the 2zz in a "spirited" fashion and get out of first gear so maybe go easy on the bible bashing. eh fellas?

i agree with shao though descretion is advised at all times

I agree Influx, and I will admit that I may have also comitted this indiscretion at times, but yeah, discretion is required - ie never come here bragging with times, dates and locations.....

Keep it safe

Azz