Elite Automotive Dyno Day

nar ill snitch u and scream it out, so one of us sportivo guys can win ahahah

Aww, that was nice of you to let us feel like we have the possibility of winning. Though I bet at the back of your mind you're thinking "...so I can win" :lol:

J/K.... I do reckon you have a pretty good chance though.

sucks to be me!!! i'll be put in with the forced 6cyl cars... ie, skylines, typhoons, etc... :(

NOT FAIR!! :lol:

i wonder if i dont say anything, will they pick up that it's s/c, or will they be dumb ****s like the fat pipes dyno... :lol:

Just keep quiet and hope!

With the supercharger that Toyota used, he won't have any issues there :P

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rowan: fuq you man!!! :D

daryl: yeah i know... :( trd suck! lol

"nah, thats not a s/c!! i just made the intake manifold look like a s/c to fool people! i swear!!" :lol:

hehehe, i dont think anyone with half a brain would fall for that unfortunately.. :(

Edited by SecaBoy

This is in the morning hope to see a few of you there and meet yous we will be there from about 7:30 :)

Hey guys, i can't make it tomorrow... i haven't got my wheel back, so its safer to stay home till i get it back :(

sorry guys :(

Evo

I think I'm back of the pack.
And ill be hopping to take out 6N/A 2morro lol
one of use will have to pick up my trophy and give it to me next time ahhaha :toast:

FAIL

x3

Edited by ELEGNT

daryl was the only one that came out happy i think

OOUCH found out that his piggy back didnt help sht all pulled 11 hp less yesterday

Ash was the most p|ssed out of all of us he pulled 20 something hp less on this dyno

and i had the most mods and pulled 10 hp less than i expected and found out after my run that they didnt hook any sensors up to my intake...wtf?

Edited by ELEGNT

Rowan: You've got a pod now, they can only put the AIT sensor next to the pod, instead of into a stock intake for instance.

They had some big HP cars there, maybe they ran you on the wrong shoot mode, and left you on their settings?

What numbers did you guys get anyhow?

Evan: on BC they claimed there were 45 cars there, and that it took 10 hours to get through them all!

A monster R32 Skyline blew his prop-shaft on the dyno and and ripped a hole in his floor tunnel behind the front seats!

Gav.

Rowan: You've got a pod now, they can only put the AIT sensor next to the pod, instead of into a stock intake for instance.

They had some big HP cars there, maybe they ran you on the wrong shoot mode, and left you on their settings?

What numbers did you guys get anyhow?

Evan: on BC they claimed there were 45 cars there, and that it took 10 hours to get through them all!

Gav.

oh fuked if i know...OOUCH (chris i think) got 193 or somthing, i got 200, daryl got 210 and ash got 228 or close too

yeh there was a few cars me and ash left in dissapointment straight after

FAT GTR pulled 600+ and that was aboutt he hp for alot of the other worked 6t's

cefiro busted a tailshaft

we didnt really have a fan on us either it was jsut the extraction fan that sucks the sh|t up cos we were on backwards

Edited by ELEGNT

I'm out of the house at the moment so I'll do a better post when I get back. To sum it up, the entertainment was watching 'FAT GTR' pull 667hp with ease, and watching a 180SX snap its tailshaft which I got some video and photos of. The dyno for the Aurion's... well that didn't quite work out accurately. Will post again later.

Okay, so now I'm at home with a little more resources to make a post, here goes. All up, it was a great day. The atmosphere felt much more welcoming than that day at Fat Pipes, and the guys working at Elite Automotive were really friendly. Anyways...

Firstly, Rowan's rims don't look so bad with the red don't they:

dsc03761h.jpg

Now I had my camera in the car and didn't get to capture 'FAT GTR' on the dyno which would have been sweet, but at least I got the following video. It managed 459.6HP, but then:

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

And the damage done in as a result:

dsc03771.jpg

dsc03774.jpg

dsc03775.jpg

It also managed to cut the fuel line which was noticed once it was pushed outside, as well as the handbrake cables.

As for the dyno results, Chris (00UCH) went first up, followed by me, then Rowan, and then Ash. The results for the N/A Aurion though are as follows:

Chris - 193.1HP (144kW)

Daryl - 209.9HP (156.5kW)

Rowan - 199.7HP (149kW)

Here's how I see it in terms of comparisons. I think mine was compensated for a bit because my intake temperatures were higher. Now I can't tell whether this was true or not, but I can say that my intake does scoop in some air passing through the radiator. As well, with Rowan's SRI, because the hood was up, it could have been possible that the air he was taking in was in fact cooler than what it would be with the hood down. Either way, for the sake of comparison, I think only Chris and Rowan's should be taken into consideration.

So Chris' car just had the rear mufflers removed (which I think does not make any power gains) and had just installed a Volo OBDII performance chip (which I reckon makes no difference to power figures). So essentially, all that Rowan had extra that could affect performance when compared to Chris was a SRI, and no exhaust resonator.

With the conditions being the same, you can then see that either or both of those changes (I'd say SRI) have given Rowan a 5kW increase at the wheels. A small increase... but an increase nevertheless. With Chris obtaining 144kW at the wheels, maybe this is what the Aurion's do get when stock since marc2020 got the exact same result on a stock Aurion Touring.

So onto my result, I don't really think I have more power than Rowan, but I reckon that if I did another run, I would probably get close to the same power at the wheels as him. My stock intake has essentially been made free flowing so it probably flows just as well as his SRI, so it would probably show that an increase can be made there by freeing up the intake. Anyways, my figure on the day was enough to at least get this in return, so at least I feel good that the Toyota held up strong against the others:

dsc03779u.jpg

yeah, go Daryl :yahoo:

hows that Cefiro going after blowing the shaft? i think its broken LOL :lol:

next time i see you, you will have to show me your new trophy :clap:

well done mate B)

Evo

The atmosphere felt much more welcoming than that day at Fat Pipes, and the guys working at Elite Automotive were really friendly.

yeh it felt very welcome there and the people were really nice and wanted to know things about your car een tho we where some of the slowest one there, unlike fatpipes where as soon as we got there me and daryl just looked at eachother and both said this feels weird feels like we shouldnt be here.

I think mine was compensated for a bit because my intake temperatures were higher. Now I can't tell whether this was true or not, but I can say that my intake does scoop in some air passing through the radiator. As well, with Rowan's SRI, because the hood was up, it could have been possible that the air he was taking in was in fact cooler than what it would be with the hood down. Either way, for the sake of comparison, I think only Chris and Rowan's should be taken into consideration.

well thats what the guy said to us hey that the higher the intake temp the better pwer you are going to put out on the dyno where yours is heated by the radiator and just the box generally being hot on the outside, mine was relatively cold cos the bonnet was up. abd on our printout my intake temp was 21 deg. and yours was 43 or somthing, probly could have been a contirbuting factor.

So Chris' car just had the rear mufflers removed (which I think does not make any power gains) and had just installed a Volo OBDII performance chip (which I reckon makes no difference to power figures).

yeh man i think taking the rear mufflers off does nothing! and the volo chip is a joke.

With the conditions being the same, you can then see that either or both of those changes (I'd say SRI) have given Rowan a 5kW increase at the wheels. A small increase... but an increase nevertheless. With Chris obtaining 144kW at the wheels, maybe this is what the Aurion's do get when stock since marc2020 got the exact same result on a stock Aurion Touring

i can 110% say that mine is now faster than stock which im happy with. resonator removal helped midrange ALOT, but nothing at the top. but the SRI just by the feel has a nice bit extra between 4.5 and 6k.

i did a 0-100 run last night. it was cold and i was by myself in the car but managed to pull consistant 6.3 to 6.5 secs which i was happy with (post my vid up as soon i get it off my phone)

So onto my result, I don't really think I have more power than Rowan, but I reckon that if I did another run, I would probably get close to the same power at the wheels as him. My stock intake has essentially been made free flowing so it probably flows just as well as his SRI, so it would probably show that an increase can be made there by freeing up the intake.

yeh my advise to anyone out there leaving there stock intake is to do what daryl has done, cant notice it from the outside but has a nice extra bit of note and obviously free's it up alot

After saying all that.....i really dont no what happened to ash...20 odd hp less on this dyno is a bit odd?

Overall congrats daryl once again mate, ill hit u up for a better race then yesterday next time we go for a drive ;)

Edited by ELEGNT

i did a 0-100 run last night. it was cold and i was by myself in the car but managed to pull consistant 6.3 to 6.5 secs which i was happy with (post my vid up as soon i get it off my phone)

Hey Rowan that's a fantastic time...you're only 0.2s off the stock TRD Aurion figures!! Although the TRD's figures were a little understated...with the Adrenalins I was consistently pulling 5.8s.

Sounds like you all had a ball of a time and CONGRATS Daryl!!!

Btw. Eugene is still looking for his balls on Mt Cootha after that insane run you took him....damn I still can't believe how much difference that sway bars makes.

congrats daryl on taking out the NA 6cyl... very nice work..

Out of curiosity, was there a NA 4cyl winner?

Yeah, it felt good because it was a Toyota that got it. A couple of the guys there are Toyota Master Technicians so they were welcoming to the Toyota.

No one rocked up for the N/A 4cyl even though there was a class for it. I left before he did it, but one of the guys there from Elite put his Swift on the dyno for fun though at the end of the day.

congrats daryl on taking out the NA 6cyl... very nice work..

Out of curiosity, was there a NA 4cyl winner?

Yeah, it felt good because it was a Toyota that got it. A couple of the guys there are Toyota Master Technicians so they were welcoming to the Toyota.

No one rocked up for the N/A 4cyl even though there was a class for it. I left before he did it, but one of the guys there from Elite put his Swift on the dyno for fun though at the end of the day.

awwww damn, wish i hada been there... i would have taken that for sure :D

Firstly, Rowan's rims don't look so bad with the red don't they:

dsc03761h.jpg

Yes, yes they do. But don't get carried away now! :P

You know your Aurion is my favourite one out there. And your tasteful mods obviously bring it all together quite well, even on the dyno.

Did you do a run with the Varex closed by any chance? I would love to see the results! :D Maybe that will silence the haters. ;)

Gav.

Did you do a run with the Varex closed by any chance? I would love to see the results! :D Maybe that will silence the haters. ;)

Haven't done a comparison run yet. I will need to do that when I'm not competing to get the highest HP, otherwise I'll just do 3 runs of each. Sometimes the third run gives the highest figure so I don't want to be changing the Varex between open and close when doing a shootout.

Interesting - I know IAT can make a HUGE difference between power figures. If Daryl's was indeed reading a bit higher than Rowans, then the compensation for that could be the reason between the power figures - but hey, I might just be blabbering.

I was almost going to rush to put the MR2 back together, looks like I would have won the day if I went :( I just picked up another intake manifold for ceramic coating/highflowing/fitting speedflow fittings, but turns out it's a RWD manifold that won't fit on my car :(

Rowan and Daryl's cars may have significantly different power stock anyhow, it does happen.

Things like how the engine was run-in, and just the day to day manufacturing process will determine that.

Essentially they would both have to return their cars to stock for a true base-map comparison.

Until such a time, Daryl won, cause he made the most power on the same dyno...

Gav.

go down the quarter and that will tell u exacly who is faster, alot more accurate then a dyno...im not trying to say mines faster/slower just more accurate

come on daryl, im keen to go out on saturday if use want to, mike is keen

??

Edited by ELEGNT