Elite Automotive Dyno Day

I'm keen alright. As long as we run the same weight reduction, LOL.

sweet check out drag thread, same weight reduction...does that mean we can swap front/rears again? ill ring a proper jack this time that i can lift the whole front at once then put the chocks underneaths...take 2 mins...otherwise ill have to source other rims :unsure: dont want to go with these big boys

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm keen alright. As long as we run the same weight reduction, LOL.

sweet check out drag thread, same weight reduction...does that mean we can swap front/rears again? ill ring a proper jack this time that i can lift the whole front at once then put the chocks underneaths...take 2 mins...otherwise ill have to source other rims :unsure: dont want to go with these big boys

Rowan - good news. Just confirmed with somebody that intake temps are undoubtedly the reason why your dyno readings were very different :) Here I was concerned your intake had actually lost you power!

Should bring both your cars to a weighbridge to check weights before the run :P Now we're talking technical!

Rowan - good news. Just confirmed with somebody that intake temps are undoubtedly the reason why your dyno readings were very different :) Here I was concerned your intake had actually lost you power!

The question is though, how much compensation would it add for a difference in intake temperature of 20 degrees? Cause if it was only 10HP compensation, that brings me to the same power as Rowan, which also means that I effectively got the gains of that SRI without the extra effort.

The only way to settle this though is to run it at the drags. Rowan... it's on. Not only that, we need to take it to the track.

...does that mean we can swap front/rears again?

Sigh... I better whoop you a55 after going through all that effort again.

daryl

as a avid hater of the VX, i congratule you and pulling top numbers on the day. i'm am very surprised and well done to you.

no, this doesn't mean i'm getting a VX for the stivo, just acknowledging a good effort when i see one, i'm not all one sided.

good on all of you for taking the aurions along.

whitestivo

The question is though, how much compensation would it add for a difference in intake temperature of 20 degrees? Cause if it was only 10HP compensation, that brings me to the same power as Rowan, which also means that I effectively got the gains of that SRI without the extra effort.

The only way to settle this though is to run it at the drags. Rowan... it's on. Not only that, we need to take it to the track.

...does that mean we can swap front/rears again?

Sigh... I better whoop you a55 after going through all that effort again.

i think what you have done with your intake is choice tho!! if i had my stock one id for sure do that...the restrictors in the stock one is a joke!

dw man take that sigh back....chris was nice enough to let me borrow his for the w/e as for as i know....negative on the track tho, too much engine abuse for my liking. even when i miss shift in mine and hit limiter im like FUKKKK and drive grandma spec for the next week to compensate

Nice one guys!! Don't ever want to hear a sportivo Corolla owner complaining about drive train loss after you guys lose something like 50 + Kw. Crazy stupid auto crap boxes......

I thought HP figures would have been a bit higher than they were but dyno's do funny things.

Next one will be CES and you don't have to worry about sensors, inccrrect parameters cause it is all about simply how much power you have at the treads........

Next one will be CES and you don't have to worry about sensors, inccrrect parameters cause it is all about simply how much power you have at the treads........

Since my base run dyno was done at CES (145WHP), there's not really any point me getting dynoed elsewhere.

Gav.

okay, so a late reply from me...

firstly, the dyno day was very professionally run, so congrats to them! :)

yes, i lost 20hp somewhere... i must have left it at my mates house before i came... :lol:

i'm a *little* pi$$ed at the result... but having an intake temp of 21 and therefore reading a lower power figure didnt help things...

the first dyno run, the intake temp was quite high, and now it was quite low... so i'm just gonna take an average of the two runs and say i have "238HP at the treads"... :lol:

congrats to daryl... :)

rowan: dont worry man, your car looks/sounds better than daryl... so you get more "street cred, yo!"... :D