cat back exhausts

hey looking at getting a catback system for my sportivo, lots of good talk about the company CES at meadowbrook, but i

was wondering if i should get ces to do it, or would most other places do the same job for less money,

would i b making a mistake getting it done else where?????

hey looking at getting a catback system for my sportivo, lots of good talk about the company CES at meadowbrook, but i

was wondering if i should get ces to do it, or would most other places do the same job for less money,

would i b making a mistake getting it done else where?????

Most exhaust shops should be able to make you up something for a comparable, if not cheaper, price for something that should achieve the exact same goal.

Drew can build you an exhaust as well, the aurion guys are pretty happy. Should have known you'd be on this faster than you can say for sale on this forum.

It's my third exhaust from CES, and certainly not my last.

whitestivo

Phil: You know I love ya guts mate, but Drew didn't promote any business, or discourage business from another company, or draw any particular contrast.

He has an insight into the industry, and enjoys the topic. It all looks good from here.

Cheers, Gav.

hey gav

read again, i was stating drew is proven with aurion guys. giving the guy a wrap, he puts in solid effort on this forum, i don't want to discourage that.

drew, cool.

whitestivo

No wukkas, my mistake, I was just worried by this: "Should have known you'd be on this faster than you can say for sale on this forum."

I thought you were suggesting he was gunning for exhaust sales.

Yeah, Drew is cool. He goes out of his way to help members on the forum where other exhaust shops haven't even wanted to sell to them! :ph34r:

Is all good, Gav.

Drew can build you an exhaust as well, the aurion guys are pretty happy. Should have known you'd be on this faster than you can say for sale on this forum.

It's my third exhaust from CES, and certainly not my last.

whitestivo

My comment has absolutely nothing to whatsoever with promoting any business, one I'm involved with or not. Let's just get this out of the way to begin with.

Your comment inferred that any other exhaust place would be a bad idea, which I don't like seeing (once again, nothing to do with any business I'm a part of). There are literally hundreds of exhaust shops in Brisbane who could do a catback system on a Sportivo and end up with the same results as certain other companies have gotten. It's not rocket science (once again for clarification, not inferring anything negative about any other businesses), there is no math or -real- R&D involved in it. There is skill in it, yes - but that's welding and fabrication skill which is by no means limited to only a single workshop in the whole of the Brisbane region.

You're happy with CES? Absolutely fine - I know a lot of other people are too, so they are obviously in a good position, have a good reputation and from what I've seen, a very good product. That being said, you saying other businesses are bad is a HUGELY biased and unfair comment to make, one which I don't appreciate at all.

EDIT: It appears I took those comments the same way that Gav did. If this is not the case I apologise, but I stand by the rest of what I said.

Edited by the_random_hero

i'm not one to stir trouble, so my apologies to you both.

whitestivo

Don't apologise; we're all allowed to have an opinion here and you should willing to share it (even if it isn't necessarily how I would like something worded). Ours might be different, but hey - that's what these forums are for :)

Does anybody have some dyno facts on exhausts from shops/fabricators apart from CES? Cause I hear the talk all the time but never see the proof to back up the story.

And no I am not starting a who is better cause I really don't care as a Sportivo Corolla doesn't really interest me like it did when I actually owned one. I know I am not the only one who would like to see proof of all the stories that XYZ company got the same gains or more in some instances as I continually get asked the question and I can honestly only answer the question using info that is known and available.

So if you have info/dyno results showing the gains of the system itself not being affected by other mods such as ECU replacement, CAI and the like post it for all to see. Also add details of what the system entails.

I had a POS cat-back exhaust made up by a certain exhaust shop at Geebung once. As nasty as the job was, I got them to replace the noisy 2.25" Genie Turbo muff with a 2" XForce twinloop (the smaller one) a few months later, and it made a stunning 10kW ATW more that same morning at a Mercury dyno day (Silverbullit was there too). It was also fairly quiet, and I somewhat lived happily with it. I've kept that muffler, except it's too small for the Corolla and the TX3. :(

Gav.

Does anybody have some dyno facts on exhausts from shops/fabricators apart from CES? Cause I hear the talk all the time but never see the proof to back up the story.

And no I am not starting a who is better cause I really don't care as a Sportivo Corolla doesn't really interest me like it did when I actually owned one. I know I am not the only one who would like to see proof of all the stories that XYZ company got the same gains or more in some instances as I continually get asked the question and I can honestly only answer the question using info that is known and available.

So if you have info/dyno results showing the gains of the system itself not being affected by other mods such as ECU replacement, CAI and the like post it for all to see. Also add details of what the system entails.

Going by what Silva has said,

i think that CES is widely recognised due to the fact that most of us have dealt with them, but it also entails that they have the proof with the sportivos in the past, having to be dynoed. Obviously if CES hadn't had all their products properly dynoed, tested and tuned etc... blah blah blah, they wouldn't be as well known.

So CES is an option, but if you wouldn't be happy or you want to be different, try out any of the exhaust shops around your area. I assume you live in Brisbane right? Open up the yellow pages, or google, and just have a look, cause it all comes down to personal choice and monies of course, and what you want out of your car :P

Hope this helps you out in your quest :D

Evo

I personally would go for the CES and I am in New Zealand.

From the experiences of people who has used them, the good gains, the nice sound and quality, I think thats enough for me. I have tried to cut corners enough to know that trying to go for the cheap will just end up with more money spent.

you can still go for other workshops and let them make you another one for half the price and not know what gains to expect. Or go for CES and know exactly what you have actually gained.

Thats my 2cents.

*yawn*

If you want peace of mind and have the dosh to, go CES as they have tested and is proven with the likes.

If you want it cheap or feel like putting your pioneering hat on or have the intention to contribute to the TOCAU community by giving a choice other than CES because you are sick of hearing it then go to another exhaust/fabricator who is willing to make a similar or if not, a better system for you.

I've got CES Intake and a Varex Muffler which i copped flak for because it wasn't dyno proven/tested against CES or some crap like that but who da f@rk cares? Its my car and my butt says there was more kick compare to when I didn't have it and I feel its more drivable for daily roads. No dyno sheet to compare or prove it because I'm not after peak power.

I'm after drivability. Dyno sheets don't give me that.

If I installed the Varex muffler for the same purpose some have here, I'll be having that dyno sheet ready for you..... but I'm not. However if you are interested and ask me nicely, might have something for you soon. :P

Oh, I got ported stock headers which are excatly identical as CES's except it doesn't look as bling because its not ceramic coated. Other than that, gave me improvements throughout the whole rev range.

Cheers.

Find someone who can build a 2.5 inch catback, mandrel bend exhaust with a free flowing muffler that doesn't go above the 90db (as per EPA regulation) and you'll be there.

Enjoy ;)

Honestly, I don't really see the point. All exhausts will have to follow the same route, only difference is going to be mufflers which will be a poofteenth of a kw. That beign said, if somebody wanted to run a before and after dyno, I'm sure most shops will be happy to accomodate them in whatever way possible.

Edited by the_random_hero

Honestly, I don't really see the point. All exhausts will have to follow the same route, only difference is going to be mufflers which will be a poofteenth of a kw. That beign said, if somebody wanted to run a before and after dyno, I'm sure most shops will be happy to accomodate them in whatever way possible.

Same sort of pipe bent the same way. Excatly my point. Perhaps 1 - 2 KW if you want to argue but that could also be down to different dyno and enviromental conditions but that's another old debate .............

Kudos to whoever takes the step forward to bring us something new I say !!!!

:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

Give us some kick @rse intake mannifold next!!!

My mate just put a Greddy cat-back oval-offset system on his DC5S and it sounds great and is quiet on cruise, and just how you want it under WOT.

I haven't really heard any HKS or Blitz systems that sounds as good as that, but they generally use canons instead of larger oval-offset mufflers.

The catch? It might not make huge power at the wheels? But he now has Greddy cat-back bragging rights. :P

Gav.