ZRE Injen CAI

Just letting you guys know, some fella in Yankyland went to Injen and got a CAI developed for his 1.8 2ZR-FE. Attached pictures you will see the prototype only, as it is not going to be on sale until May 15th.

As you all know, they only sell the sedan version of Corollas over there, so with regards to whether it'll fit the hatch, I really do not know. You'll have to put the hatch next to the sedan and see if there are any differences with location and whether there will be sufficient room.

Please visit this to see, top left hand corner of the page http://www.injen.com/

IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

More info go to http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294428

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to any one waiting for overseas markets to develope a cai/sri, what are u waiting for to go to your local exhaust/fabricater/ tuner they can make you one up in less than half a day, why send your cash overseas when u dont need to?

i like the idea of buying somethign that i know would work 100%.

rice have a look at the injen cai above and tell me what you see? i see some polished aluminum bends, a maf sensor plate, some silicon joiners, some clamps and for good **** factor a big tuned injen technology sticker. now ask your self how much engineering u think went into making that cai? id say close to none, the only thing they would of had to think about is what diameter pipeing to use (and where to put that giant sticker). the path that this cai follows has nothing to do with performance in this case, rather it has every thing to do with engine bay constrants. to be honast even with my limited welding skills i could put some thing like that together on a sunday afternoon let alone some of the fine enginers/fabricaters we have in this country

now go back to playing wow u fool :lol:

rice have a look at the injen cai above and tell me what you see? i see some polished aluminum bends, a maf sensor plate, some silicon joiners, some clamps and for good **** factor a big tuned injen technology sticker. now ask your self how much engineering u think went into making that cai? id say close to none, the only thing they would of had to think about is what diameter pipeing to use (and where to put that giant sticker). the path that this cai follows has nothing to do with performance in this case, rather it has every thing to do with engine bay constrants. to be honast even with my limited welding skills i could put some thing like that together on a sunday afternoon let alone some of the fine enginers/fabricaters we have in this country

I agree with you, but not in the same terms. People will always buy stuff off the shelf as people generally can't be stuffed actually doing any research and finding out what works.

Seriously, there's maybe $120 in parts in that then of course labour to weld it all up and a few hours in R&D. I'm not bagging their price as I don't know it what it is, but I'm sure it would be a lot more than that.

For once, I agree with u. Stimulate the local economy!!!!! :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

a guy down in WA that has a 2zz MRS told me he could fabricate me a CAI for 80 dollars (without pod) and thats pretty much DIYish.. i guess its doable and maybe abit of R&D on the diameter and all as suggested by trh would save you some money...

ok then, where in sydney can i find these so called fabricators>?

love how you said ''these so called fabricators''.........

:lol: kids .....

ok then, where in sydney can i find these so called fabricators>?

oh man you make it sound like fabricators are things not human haha

• 2 weeks later...
so yeh should be released now, But i cant find it on the injen site. :(

same, i would get it too. there's no update either on that thread on the toyotanation link..

Guys CES have one basically mocked up for the ZRE but unfortunately they need a test car to finish it off and dyno test it. Of all the noise some ZRE owners made about wanting one I don't see anyone wanting to put up their hand and showing the money to order one.

Guys you cannot expect Australian companies to produce something unless there is demand for it. Not a cost effective practice to make and develop something that they may only sell 1-2 of a year.

If you want it then contact them and maybe then the balll will start rolling in the right direction.....

Guys CES have one basically mocked up for the ZRE but unfortunately they need a test car to finish it off and dyno test it. Of all the noise some ZRE owners made about wanting one I don't see anyone wanting to put up their hand and showing the money to order one.

Guys you cannot expect Australian companies to produce something unless there is demand for it. Not a cost effective practice to make and develop something that they may only sell 1-2 of a year.

If you want it then contact them and maybe then the balll will start rolling in the right direction.....

how do i contact them and who are they??