What's the best car to buy under 20k budget

justbeatit

Hi guys

I'm helping my mate to choose a second hand car under 20k at the moment, need more ideas :D

He's not really into mods, so basically he just want comfort + reasonable performance..

We went down to a private seller last weekend to see a 2005 Honda accord, 55000km, regularly serviced, looks like well looked after, had a quick ride, :( had the comfort but really lack of power...and asking for $19000..

We are currently considering Honda Accord and Subaru liberty (his preference...), but struggled to find any really decent cars under 20k budget..

Come on guys, any suggestion are welcomed! :D

thanks and regards

Ray

2004-2005 Camry Sportivo 2azfe ;)

pick them up for around 15 - 13k

Comfort/style/power is there > all round nice car.

otherwhise you could always get a Alfa Romeo 159 (my old car)

Really good value for money ;)

Cant go past 2007 Corolla Levin ;)

Some people are just not into hot hatch :P

I'd have persuaded him to buy my rolla for 20k (he doesn't know much about car ;) )

Calling a Levin a hot-hatch is a stretch though :P

Yes mate, my 04 camry sportivo is over 95000km, still running like a beast :P except the battery just died recently...

Yes mate, my 04 camry sportivo is over 95000km, still running like a beast :P except the battery just died recently...

Gota love Toyota ;) ive driven and had R33/Pulsar SSS/HOLDEN VS (worst peace of ******* EVER!) / Alfa Romeo 86Gulietta /82 Gulietta / 89 Alfa GTV6 / Alfa 33 Boxer / 97 rav4 / 89 Soarer (2ltr -_- ) 2001 VT (EVEN WORSE THEN VS) TOYOTA 76 Carolla (purse? or whatever those ugly cams where nick named :P ) 89 MR2 (miss it :() and now my 2004 Camry :P

I want to add more to my list XD

Lexus IS200.

Quality is superior to its brother make models of the equivalent years.

You can pick up a cheap IS200 for as little as 10 grand, but a really nice example will set you back close to 20.

They dont stop, they dont give troubles. they don't have major design flaws or embarrassing recalls.

:)

does he want a practical car tho? an evo will be killer, but im pretty sure they wont ride as comfortable as a corrolla (just a guess). how about a 7gen celica? they aren't that fast but they aren't slow. or a sportivo corrolla. ferrari f430. etc

Thanks for the comments guys :D

My friend is more looking into family and business use of the car...so Evo probably wont work for him...

But 17k for an Evo 7 is definitely a good buy...bargain...

My friend is more looking into family and business use of the car...so Evo probably wont work for him...

Wouldn't touch one for those dollars. My mate recently sold his Evo 6.5 for CHEAP, and it went for 22k. This thing was a minter.

4178998.jpg

4179034.jpg

4179076.jpg

4179119.jpg

4179172.jpg

Have a look at the Aurions,power,comfort,economy,plenty of room,one of the best cars i've owned.

p.s they also look sexy B)

Aurions are way over the 20k budget :(

look harder i got mine for 19k(6,400kms),also saw one at chadstone toyota 19999 so they are out there.(its also a buyers market at the moment so take advantage if ya can)

mine was a bloody good deal and was purchased from a person leaving the country and needing money asap,so the price seemed to good to pass up,sold the Peugeot and become a toyota lover instantly.

Wouldn't touch one for those dollars. My mate recently sold his Evo 6.5 for CHEAP, and it went for 22k. This thing was a minter.

4178998.jpg

4179034.jpg

4179076.jpg

4179119.jpg

4179172.jpg

You sure that's a 6.5? Looks more like a 6 to me.

Edited by kolourhero

My mate just bought an evo 6 with like 20,000km on the clock, immaculate condition, took it to this shop called ESP to get the exhaust done, cause being him he wanted Greddy when we advised he just goto powatone, now his car is ****** with holes and pipes and mainfolds all ****** from where they tryed to make a Greddy exhaust kit for an evo 8 fit, now he gotta pay ****loads more to get it fixed.

no offence to anyone, im just saying. but the evo interiors are so.... lancer. i know it should be cos it is one but it looks so cool outside but its so tacky looking inside.

Agreed :P

Look into something like this

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/privat...2&silo=1011

or even this

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/privat...5&silo=1011

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/privat...5&silo=1011