sound quality set up help

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would love to listen to what stylsh has in his car but im not in queensland im in sydney lol

i have listened to the cdt speakers in a mates car they are great speakers better then focal speakers i have listened to.

the only problem is no one in aus has the audiopulse axis so i have to go on wat experts and videos say about the subs.

sean

• 2 months later...

hello all some good and bad news the bad news is i have gone from 5days working to 3days boss ssays there is no work and i agree did **** all today but the good news is have come up with a new set up which im going to start buying this weekend will take about 1month to buy gonna stick to my budget of 2grand for this system my first one but later one when i get abetter job will go all out on audio.

here is a list of parts im buying

Kicker KS600 6inch KS coax Speakers rear $107

Kicker RS65.2 6.5inch RS Component Speakers $424 or Boston SX60 6" Component Speakers $316 depends on which sounds betta

Kicker ZX350.4 ZX 4 Channel Amplifier $339

response 1000rms amp $420 later on going to upgrade to a kicker 1500rms amp $1200

kicker l7 15inch subwoofer $602

dad buying the following

amp wiring kits $100

dynamat xtreme bulk pack $228

wood for the box and the false floor

reason y i chose this set up cause when i talked to the experts and said iwanted a sq set up they asked what i listen to most well im a rap r&b man there not sq so im not going to spend thousands on a set up that wont satify me i think this set up will cause it will have mad bass espesily when i upgrade the amp would love 2000rms but for now on a budget this will be good

sean

ok today come back with some gear got bit different to my original idea instead of a 15inch l7 i got a 12 cause the size of the box wouldnt fit in my boot and give me usable room and instead of kicker splits and boston i got me some mtx thunder splits they sounded better when i listened to them so far cost me 750 and while i was there got some advice for the sub im gettting a kicker 750.1 amp cause the sub is rated to 750rms and reali thumps and gets loud and im going to get mtx coaxs for the rears sound reali good and going to get a mtx thunder amp to run the splits and coaxs.

so here is the new list

mtx thunder splits

mtx thunder coaxs

kicker l7 12 in kicker box

kicker 750.1 mono amp

mtx thunder 4 channel amp

im buying from soundmaster they have great range and great prices and helpful advise would recomend them to anybody.

so stay tuned will post up pics when i get some time

sean

hello all some good and bad news the bad news is i have gone from 5days working to 3days boss ssays there is no work and i agree did **** all today but the good news is have come up with a new set up which im going to start buying this weekend will take about 1month to buy gonna stick to my budget of 2grand for this system my first one but later one when i get abetter job will go all out on audio.

Kicker RS65.2 6.5inch RS Component Speakers $424 or Boston SX60 6" Component Speakers $316 depends on which sounds betta

response 1000rms amp $420 later on going to upgrade to a kicker 1500rms amp $1200

dad buying the following

amp wiring kits $100

reason y i chose this set up cause when i talked to the experts and said iwanted a sq set up they asked what i listen to most well im a rap r&b man there not sq so im not going to spend thousands on a set up that wont satify me i think this set up will cause it will have mad bass espesily when i upgrade the amp would love 2000rms but for now on a budget this will be good

sean

i had those kicker RS65.2 speakers, THEY ARE AMAZING!!! they where LOUD and clear. i paid $350 for mine :) new as well

dad buying the following

amp wiring kits $100

sean

i had those kicker RS65.2 speakers, THEY ARE AMAZING!!! they where LOUD and clear. i paid $350 for mine :) new as well

hey mate they did get loud but from what i listened to the mtx ones that i bought sounded better

sean

akuma you should go out and listen to some mtx splits they sound way better then kicker splits :clap: and they cost less then the kicker splits but with the kombo of kicker and mtx i will have a reali nice sounding first system good bass for the kicker l7 and nice sounding mtx splits and coaxs.

sean

did anyone know anything about A/D/S split set?

I feel its got pretty good and clear sound but very expensive RRP as well..($999 at Gold Coast Car Sound)

comments?

For that money, I'd spend it on the Dynaudio 242's!

Head unit; this is very important. You want one that produce natural sounding, and I recommend Nakamichi CD400 as entry level for S.Q system. There is a pioneer HU that I really like, but unfortunately its not available in AUS market.

are you refering to the DEH-P80RS headunit? or the DEX-P90RS...

im hoping to change my clarion max386VD with the pioneer DEH-P80RS.... so hope it is available... <_<