sound quality set up help

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good luck with the build up, though i recommend getting just one 12" sub, as it will do the job fine. If you do buy two that means you'll have to spend even more on top of that to make sure u get an amp that powers both well!

good luck with the build up, though i recommend getting just one 12" sub, as it will do the job fine. If you do buy two that means you'll have to spend even more on top of that to make sure u get an amp that powers both well!

This. An efficient sub in a well-designed box with ample power behind it is more than enough bass for most cars. If you want lots of bass, Kicker Solobaric in a ported box - with a 15" and 750WRMS behind it we got 145dB (which is godamn loud).

I just recently went to the MIE comp at northfield on saturday, most of the SQ novice guys ran Image dynamic subs and a fair bit of pros ran em too. IMO i think northfield is trying to push em hehehe. good savings though but most of the cars is installed by northfield, kinda made a bias decision for my mate from something tech.

i would go to northfield and have a look but i dont live in queensland i live in sydney but i still think the rockford subs will be a good alround sub they have good sq and have heaps of bass

sean

My old man got the the old school 12' Rockford Power and it is powered by matching 100rms rockford power amp. When playing some heavy bass music at loud volume, each time the bass kicks it feels like an elephant just stepped on your shoulder, or your chest has been hit by a train.

He use it for S.Q set up together with Nakamichi CD700, AVI speakers, Rainbow ribbon tweeter, and probably Audison amp. He seems happy.

im thinking of getting 2 t1s so thats y im gettting that amp cause it will power 2 lol

sean

2 x T112D4/2 power subs $600ea

1 x T1500-1bd mono block $1100

Focal fronts 165KRX2 $950

sound deadener $250

h/uint $ ?

rear speakers $ ? (if ya using em)

sub encloser $ ?

wiring/terminal/ect (quality) $300

install $ ?

multi channel amp for splits (rockford power series) starts at about $700

i'm thinking ya budgets blown out to about the $5000-$6000 plus mark. ;) welcome to my world.

2x Eclipse SW8210 - $1000 - 750w RMS @ 4 ohm

2x Eclipse ZA1200 - $1798 - 1000w RMS @ 4 ohm

1x Eclipse SW8365 3 way components - $899 - 100w RMS @ 4 ohm

No Rear Speakers

1x Eclipse EA4200 - $449 - 150w RMS @ 4ohm bridged

1x Eclipse CD7200 Reciever - $699

0awg wiring kit - $300 +

a **** tonne of dynomat - $250 +

sub enclosure - $???

so at least $4500... lol

rockford fosgate power t15001bd to power t1

yep i've decided i'm gettin one aswell,in about 3-4 weeks (T1500-1bd) this will compliment my system nicely (get rid of the under powered Clarion DPX1800 800w i'm runnin atm),the best price i can get atm is $1090AUD delivered.

the T1000-1bd is the one i was going to get but it's around $900 delivered,so i thought why fark around and get the T1500-1bd (it's a real Monster),and be done with it. B)

p.s you sound similar to myself with ya starting budget($3500) so try not to let that double as i almost have,and remember to get a good install because all this top gear is worth nudda without it.

Hahah My Initial budget is about 3k but it just balloon up when i wanted reverse camera, bluetooth, navigation and such.. just wanted to do everything at one go since i am paying for the installation already.. eventually didn't get a mono sub but everything turn out to be alrite.. never regret spending the money though.. now i just hope to get a mono sub and everything will be rite for the time being..

p.s you sound similar to myself with ya starting budget($3500) so try not to let that double as i almost have,and remember to get a good install because all this top gear is worth nudda without it.

Hahah My Initial budget is about 3k but it just balloon up when i wanted reverse camera, bluetooth, navigation and such.. just wanted to do everything at one go since i am paying for the installation already.. eventually didn't get a mono sub but everything turn out to be alrite.. never regret spending the money though.. now i just hope to get a mono sub and everything will be rite for the time being..

yeah don't take much to blow a budget on car audio,some people think that 3-4grand will do it and then they start thinking if i just get the better sub and then they need the better amp and so on and before ya know it,your at 6-7grand(ooops).

the IVA-W502E fully loaded is roughly $2000inc (imprint processor,ipod,bluetooth,rear camera,navagation,steering wheel controls,facia kit) so if ya get this h/unit a good chunk of ya budget goes here. ;)

p.s SH!T HOT unit the IVA-W502E,worth the coin i rekon.

yeah don't take much to blow a budget on car audio,some people think that 3-4grand will do it and then they start thinking if i just get the better sub and then they need the better amp and so on and before ya know it,your at 6-7grand(ooops).

the IVA-W502E fully loaded is roughly $2000inc (imprint processor,ipod,bluetooth,rear camera,navagation,steering wheel controls,facia kit) so if ya get this h/unit a good chunk of ya budget goes here. ;)

p.s SH!T HOT unit the IVA-W502E,worth the coin i rekon.

Yup.. never regret it since, now i just need a mono amp but might take it easy for awhile and look at other area first since the music is sweet enough for me currently hahaha..

my budget has gone from 3.5gz to well over 5gz lol heres wat im getting

rockford fosgate t1 12*2 600 each put in a custom encloser later on but for now in a box

rockford fosgate t15001 mono amp 1090

focal 165KRX2 1099

jbl GTO75.4 - 4 Channel Amplifier 394

Pioneer AVIC-F900BT GPS In Dash Car Solution 1700 can get for cheaper

Clarion VMA5096 5.8" Headrest Monitor *2 270

xbox 360 299 put in custom encloser on the parcel shelf hiden with 2 controlers put in arm rest centre in custom enclosers

so as u can see the minor budget is blown to peices lol

sean

rockford fosgate t1 12*2 600 each put in a custom encloser later on but for now in a box

focal 165KRX2 1099

xbox 360 299 put in custom encloser on the parcel shelf hiden with 2 controlers put in arm rest centre in custom enclosers

sean

If you are buying the Pioneer AVIC-F900BT, just be aware that the startup time is around 40 Secs which is pretty long, not sure whether you are ok with that. Eclipse and Alpine startup time is around few secs only.. so u might want to consider that. the price difference is not much as AVIC-F900BT is not cheap either.. you might want to see pioneer website ... there are some clearance item which are sellling cheap.. last time i saw a AVIC-H3 selling at 1899 which is very good price..

focal 165KRX2 1099

sean

I'm tipping ya will kill $5000 more like $8000-$10000 with all the good stuff on your list.

rough guess.

2 x rockford 12"subs $1200

1 x T1500-1bd mono amp $1100

1 x Focal frts 165krx2 $1000

1 x multi ch.amp for splits $800

1 x decent h/unit with goodies $2000

1 x wiring kit & terminals ect $300

1 x dynamat extreme bulk pack $300

1 x custom sub enclosure $500-$800 pending how good ya want?

2 x slave screens for headrests $500

1 x xbox360 & 2 controllers $300

1 x professional installer $800-$1000 and about a 4-5 days for a proper job

grand total around $10,000 :lol:

The one thing that never goes to plan is trying to stick to the budget ;)

Back in the earlier days, I tried to improve the sound system on a low student budget of $1000, it ended up being $3000 with all the work done by myself... :(

i went and had a proper look at the pionner 2day and i have decided not to go with that im going to go with a alpine IVA-D106EV which is a fold out screen not a in dash screen or a pionner AVH-P6050DVD. the items that i have choosen is everything im going to get but im going to buy the actual system subs splits hu amps first then save up for the rest the 2 screens in the head rest the xbox 360 and getting all the custom enclosers made and installed

sean

Have you had a look or more importantly listened to the Dynaudio 242 - 2 way components? I prefer these to the Focals as they are a LOT more smooth! They are roughly the same price!