So what's the go with members rides?

Silly-Karr

So what's the criteria for PINNED members rides? It seems that threads get pinned left, right and centre these days.

Can some one maybe clean them up or something so it gives other members chances to have their threads veiwable?

Yeah, there are quite a lot of pinned threads. If anything, it could probably be cut to half size, but then there will probably be discussion over who deserves to be pinned and whatnot.

i agree there are to many pinned threads, but like djkor said how do you decide who should be up there and who should not?

i think a good start would be to take down the rides that havnt had a post in them for 1 or 2 years and cars that have been sold or the members have moved on.

what im trying to say is there should realy be a time bracket of how long your ride stays up there, so we can keep things fresh, the exception being cars like xooms that have been thrully moded and we can learn from.

and does M M really need 4 pinned members threads?

flame away.........

Edited by spillige

Why not sub the members ride forum section???

Have one forum for Silver Membership and another for everyone else...

Now there is some really smart thinking. Keeps the guys with Silver Membership their own section where their threads wont be pushed away by others, and give the regular members a chance to have their thread easily seen.

Top idea Rolla Boy,prolly gets some more silver members with this idea aswell. :)

New idea thanks to rollaboy:

Members rides

>Members rides (everyone)

>Members rides (Sliver Members)

This is a top notch idea B)

Evo

Thanks DJKOR, will check it out later.

New idea thanks to rollaboy:

Members rides

>Members rides (everyone)

>Members rides (Sliver Members)

This is a top notch idea B)

Evo

Can we still access and view Silver Members threads?

what im trying to say is there should realy be a time bracket of how long your ride stays up there, so we can keep things fresh, the exception being cars like xooms that have been thrully moded and we can learn from.

This man speaks the truth, i reckon.

Same thing Toymods has, except normal members can't view the Club Members ride section. And half the members have a copy of their Club Members ride thread in the normal section as well

IMO on PINNED RIDES

Pinned rides should be rides that the club can be proud of, since it is the place that visitors to the club first check.

If I had my way I would include include Past AND Present rides (whether it was sold years ago, it should still be pinned if it was once a hot car).

So it'll be more like a Hall of Fame.

And it shouldn't be about the ride of the most popular member etc.. pinned rides should have some form of:

- innovation (the first to experiment with mods and made it work), and this can be anything including, performance (power, handling) to visual and audio (kit, audio setups)

- achievement (power, track times, comp trophies, etc.),

- overall balance (if your only mod is a $3000 brembo kit, its not going to get pinned)

my 5c

IMO on PINNED RIDES

Pinned rides should be rides that the club can be proud of, since it is the place that visitors to the club first check.

If I had my way I would include include Past AND Present rides (whether it was sold years ago, it should still be pinned if it was once a hot car).

So it'll be more like a Hall of Fame.

And it shouldn't be about the ride of the most popular member etc.. pinned rides should have some form of:

- innovation (the first to experiment with mods and made it work), and this can be anything including, performance (power, handling) to visual and audio (kit, audio setups)

- achievement (power, track times, comp trophies, etc.),

- overall balance (if your only mod is a $3000 brembo kit, its not going to get pinned)

my 5c

sounds good, though theres maybe 2 or 3 cars that fit that description in the pinned rides section at the moment.

heres what the currant pinned rides criterias are.

- silver membership

- being a mod (which prity much gives you the rite to pin every car you own your pet cat and the misses if you see fit)

which is why the members rides section is in the state its in at the moment.

i cant see any reason why the pinned rides cant stay where it is as long as theres a major clean up like the one stated by dhc09, other wise i think it would be better off moved to its own section.