Lowerred Springs

BlackRolla

Hey guys...

For those who have lowerred their Stivo's....I will be lowerring my car within the next month and I have some questions:

1. How much did the springs cost? (I'm going for King Springs)

2. What else needs to be done to lower the car? Will anything else be nessacary or just swap the springs and she'll be fine?

3. How much did it cost to get it fitted and does it require adjustments on camber etc?

4. How many inches would be suitable so as to not scrape the body kit? ( I was thinking 1.5 inches. Is that enough or should I go 2 inches?) :unsure:

Thanks guys for ur advice!!! :D

1.5 to 2 inches drop won't hurt at all.

low king should be around 300 dollars and will drop your car 1.5 inches. super low should drop your car 2 inches, and they cost nearly double ( as far as i can remember).

If your car is dropped like mine, then you needed to be carefull when driving. I got mine dropped exactly 1 side mirrors, leaving 1.5cm gap between fender and tyres.

did you see me in the city????? anywho

mine are king spring lovely ride, i have tried a drive in both eibach and king i prefer king the first inch is a little stiffer i dropped the tsport down 2" and its looks nice cost for me approx 550

including balance only issue withit i can only get the wheels aligned on special hoists with lower ramps but it is worth it for the handling

I'm getting Eibach, when the shop get them.The drop is between 30 and 35 mm. These springs are supposevly used by TRD and TTE in Europe. They cost me 820 installed including a camber kit as well. The ride is similar to the stock ride, ive been in Peekay, car and it felt very good.

It's not a dumb question man. The camber kit offsets the wheels by .5 or 1.5 of a degree i think, not sure, but when the car is lowered they sit at an angle for better cornering. Similar to the IRS system on RWD cars, they angle out. The kit on its own is 120 i think. I think it's good to have them when lowering the car so that tyre wear stays the same as stock, otherwise you might get bad tyrewear.

Fellas,

When u did your suspension mod, did you also change the factory structs? Wat are the new spring rates??? and will the factory struts be happy with the new spring rates??

Was told it is better to change both springs and struts?

Fellas,

When u did your suspension mod, did you also change the factory structs? Wat are the new spring rates??? and will the factory struts be happy with the new spring rates??

Was told it is better to change both springs and struts?

the standard strut will do just fine if you just drive it normally.

It's not a dumb question man. The camber kit offsets the wheels by .5 or 1.5 of a degree i think, not sure, but when the car is lowered they sit at an angle for better cornering. Similar to the IRS system on RWD cars, they angle out. The kit on its own is 120 i think. I think it's good to have them when lowering the car so that tyre wear stays the same as stock, otherwise you might get bad tyrewear.

Dont camber kits cause uneven tire wear?? i thought they make the tyres angle inwards like V8 supercars - not to that extreme of course... but something like that?

:ph34r:

im not sure but i think that the camber may be off a little when u lower the car.

all race cars have negative camber. the v8 super cars are quite heavy for a race car and thats why they have such a large angle. a bit of camber will improve ur handling but the price is that ur tyres will wear on the inside quiker during normal driving.

• 3 weeks later...