Factory Paint protection???

-DAvo

Hey all

My Aurion has the factory paint protection (defense pak??) but i still think the shine could be better from a wax...

has anyone here waxed over their factory paint protection? does it ruin the finish? or would you recommend i stick with the paint protection? im not fussed about losing the "lifetime" warrenty if it means i get a better finish on the paint.

does anyone here acctually have experience with toyota's "lifetime" guarentee on paint protection? or is it all a load of Bull***?

also is it worth using a claybar over a relatively brand new (3 weeks) car??

any input would be greatly appretiated

cheers

Dave :)

also is it worth using a claybar over a relatively brand new (3 weeks) car??

In general, definitely. The car could have been sitting outside in a holding yard for some time and will most likely have accumulated surface contaminates, which will need to be removed by claying. The following video on YouTube shows just how much dirt can be on a brand new car:

You should check the terms and conditions of the factory paint protection first before claying to see whether it will invalidate the warranty.

Personally I believe paint protection is just something to get the dealer extra $$$ on a sale.

Dealership paint protection is more of a maintenance plan.

You get the sealant applied then you have to bring it back every 12 months for an inspection.

If you dont do this then the warranty is void.

If the protection seems to be waring out then they reapply it.

Most the paint protections dealers sell you is just a money spinner. I used to work for a dealer who charged 800 for paint protection and we bought it in a bottle that you could almost do 2 cars for $24. It took just over 30 mins to apply. not a bad way to increase profits!!

My thoughts on paint protection are clay, polish and wx your car at the start of every weather season(summer, autumn, winter,spring)

Any Brissy members who need good quality detailing and buffing, shampooing etc etc done come and see me at work at the Hand Wash Cafe at Bowen Hills.

• 8 months later...

Isnt Defence Pak The Alarm and Microwave Sensors??????

From memory, the Paint protection the Dealers provide also covers Rust protection.. (not sure if it is still the same).

My rents got Paint Paint protection done on their 2001 model corolla 9 yrs ago, they forked out almost a grand and i seriously think it was a waste of money.

The car looked awsome for the first few years, since we didnt get the car checked every few years, the warranty was voided.

Big Time waste.

TIP FOR ALL:: If you get the Paint,rust and Fabric protection for less then $300, then get it done, otherwise go to your nearest carwash and get it done.

Personally Carwash or DIY would be the best option...