Wakefield??

e240

Bored! My little Civic is out of action with a failed head gasket, but will probably not get the engine back online until I have a good think about what I want from the car - meaning it could be out of action for the rest of the year.

Is anyone interested in bringing their Aurion down to Wakefield for some fun, learning and testing of your new parts?

We could join a track day (with timing) and just plain have fun!

Wakefield is a fun, harmless circuit greatly suited to first timers....you can spin out and almost not hit anything...

Anyone? Anyone?

You can start with a drive down to Sydney! :D

I think I'll stick to Queensland. We have a nice track here where I can get some good comparative figures with everyone else. Plus I risk losing my license if I go to NSW. With only one point left to spare, it won't be hard for me to lose it interstate.

not wanting to throw dirt on the aurion (since i own one myself) but unless you're only interested in honing your driving skills, i'm not sure if the aurion 6-spd is well suited for a relatively technical track like wakefield to achieve decent lap times... it's very slow to shift in manual mode (so on the main straight you are basically losing a few good tenths already) which is also prob made worse by the fact that it is a very heavy car for a powerful FWD

that said i would really love to see somebody strip the guts out of the aurion and turn it into a touring-car style racer (thinking back of the good ol' days when FWD Volvos/Hondas were giving the RWD Beemers & Quattro Audis a run for their money)

oooh, think i just had an einstein moment then! ;-)

It may not be the best suited car, but it surely doesn't mean it can't perform. These cars can get pretty respectable numbers when you compare it to other sedans out there.

It may not be the best suited car, but it surely doesn't mean it can't perform. These cars can get pretty respectable numbers when you compare it to other sedans out there.

there's no question about its performance darryl, i just think that the current transmission does not do it justice... perhaps they should consider DSG or manual in the next model release? that'd be interesting! :-)

i'm not sure if the aurion 6-spd is well suited for a relatively technical track like wakefield to achieve decent lap times...

What do you reckon a decent lap time is @ Wakefield?

i think for a 200kw FWD car in stock form (complete with full interior and stock tires), i'd be happy if i can score anywhere between 1:14 - 1:18 (if you think about it, FWD production races were getting around 1:10's or under with slicks back in the ol' days) not sure if there has been any changes to the track layout in recent years but then again there are many factors affecting lap times as you know (track temp/wind/track cond etc)

i think for a 200kw FWD car in stock form (complete with full interior and stock tires), i'd be happy if i can score anywhere between 1:14 - 1:18 (if you think about it, FWD production races were getting around 1:10's or under with slicks back in the ol' days) not sure if there has been any changes to the track layout in recent years but then again there are many factors affecting lap times as you know (track temp/wind/track cond etc)

Well, I've done 1:17s in the Aurion last year with everything stock including tyres + a baby seat in the back - I believe it can get down to around high 1:15s - So thats your decent time for the Aurion :P Wanna go now? :lol:

Well, I've done 1:17s in the Aurion last year with everything stock including tyres + a baby seat in the back - I believe it can get down to around high 1:15s - So thats your decent time for the Aurion :P Wanna go now? :lol:

no, not really... :P

wouldn't mind a weekend getaway in NSW if you paid for my airfare and accomodation though lol... I'll be there to cheer you on (might net you an extra second right there) ;)

Matey, I'm certainly keen to join in on a track day pending money to spare etc, but count me in.
I would love to go, but it all depends on availability and $$$.

I probably wont be able to make it, but I'm showing some keen interest :D

I think a typical circuit club day would be around $150 ~ $200

If its your first time, I'm also happy to ride with you or you can ride with me..

Matey, I'm certainly keen to join in on a track day pending money to spare etc, but count me in.
I would love to go, but it all depends on availability and $$$.

I probably wont be able to make it, but I'm showing some keen interest :D

I think a typical circuit club day would be around $150 ~ $200

If its your first time, I'm also happy to ride with you or you can ride with me..

Wakefield is actually pretty cheap... It's like $110 a day if I remember rightly.