QR September 19th

I've decided, it's back to the track in September to test out the mods, see what I've gained.

Anyone else keen? I'll be registering early August to ensure i get a pit spot. Best if we register together so we got a pit group.

Not to mention all that drifting has got me excited to see if I can do it in the stivo

whitestivo

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've decided, it's back to the track in September to test out the mods, see what I've gained.

Anyone else keen? I'll be registering early August to ensure i get a pit spot. Best if we register together so we got a pit group.

Not to mention all that drifting has got me excited to see if I can do it in the stivo

whitestivo

Good stuff phil.

I found 2 ways to drift in the front wheel drive.

1) Pull the handbrake as you turn (which i found farked it up as I've got to get it checked now. Its making noises when the handbrake is engaged)

2) Make your rear as hard as possible and pedal to metal while you turn. Downside is that the power cannot really be controlled and the front will constantly loose traction.

Hope that helps.

If I was in QLD, you ain't need to look far for a hommie to join you yo! :toast:

:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

Good luck in all that! :clap:

I'll definitely be up for a QR event as such. Won't be attempting to drift my Aurion though. I value my tires and would rather keep them round.

I'd be able to register ASAP as well.

Thanks to my tax return, I should have my car all finished to how I want it just in time as well.

1) Pull the handbrake as you turn (which i found farked it up as I've got to get it checked now. Its making noises when the handbrake is engaged)

2) Make your rear as hard as possible and pedal to metal while you turn. Downside is that the power cannot really be controlled and the front will constantly loose traction.

No need for the handbrake. Go into the corner as usual (IE. fast), then as you turn jump off the throttle and the tail end will step out. Catch slide with opposite lock, hold for required time/distance. Once women are adequately impressed stand on the throttle and straighten steering up. Proceed around the track back to afore mentioned women and obtain phone numbers. :lol:

Skip to 2:45

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

I am aware that in order to proceed to the track, a AASA licence needs to be obtained before going there...

What's the price on Spectators? I might just come out and watch :P

Evo

I am aware that in order to proceed to the track, a AASA licence needs to be obtained before going there...

You can apply for a day licence I believe. Similar to when you go to the drags on a non T&T night and have to pay $5 for a day licence with ANDRA. I don't want to hear you saying you'll just be a spectator, because all I hear is you...

... being SOFT <_<

Edit: Speaking of which, I had a look at the Application Form. Is this the one I would use? What's the difference between the Clubman and National License? I heard that there are three layouts, and those are two of them and the other is Sprint.

Edit Edit: I just looked at the entry form for the Sprints for the day mentioned above. It looks like it is a Clubman licence.

Edit Edit Edit: F*** I really really can't wait for this.

You can apply for a day licence I believe. Similar to when you go to the drags on a non T&T night and have to pay $5 for a day licence with ANDRA. I don't want to hear you saying you'll just be a spectator, because all I hear is you...

... being SOFT <_<

Edit: Speaking of which, I had a look at the Application Form. Is this the one I would use? What's the difference between the Clubman and National License? I heard that there are three layouts, and those are two of them and the other is Sprint.

Alrite smarty pants :P

is there a place where a nooby noob to track racing can go?

Phil, how did you fare first time around?

Evo

To quote QR:

Format

All rounds of the series will be run on the QR Sprint Circuit.

3 starts at each round consisting of 1 x out lap, 5 x hot laps, 1 x in lap.

Groups will be formed by request where possible otherwise will be allocated according to previous best recorded time.

Novices with less than three Sprint rounds experience will always be in their own special group.

Where we can finish early with plenty of daylight a fourth (untimed) run will be held for those who want even more time on track. Of course, there is NO CHARGE for the fourth run.

Looks like we're special.

To quote QR:

Format

All rounds of the series will be run on the QR Sprint Circuit.

3 starts at each round consisting of 1 x out lap, 5 x hot laps, 1 x in lap.

Groups will be formed by request where possible otherwise will be allocated according to previous best recorded time.

Novices with less than three Sprint rounds experience will always be in their own special group.

Where we can finish early with plenty of daylight a fourth (untimed) run will be held for those who want even more time on track. Of course, there is NO CHARGE for the fourth run.

Looks like we're special.

Alrite... So final costings (estimate) would be:

Clubman day licence = $20.00

Possibly helmet Hire = ?

Anything else?

I want to see Azza there as well ;)

Evo

If you prepay (prepaid entries to be received by Thursday before the event), you would be looking at $139 ($119.00 for entry and $20 for a day license). If you have to hire a helmet, it is $5 plus a deposit on the day.

If you prepay (prepaid entries to be received by Thursday before the event), you would be looking at $139 ($119.00 for entry and $20 for a day license). If you have to hire a helmet, it is $5 plus a deposit on the day.

Yep, thats everything.

With Corollas turn up with minimum 3/4 tank of fuel. Being a n00b I wouldn't waste my time pulling the interior out to save weight. Just remove loose items and the tool set from the boot. Leaving the spare in is fine if you want to play with ballast.

Clubman Licence = Springs and minor stuff

National Licence = Top Gear and other real racing AASA runs

But if you don't envision doing more than 3 a year then just get the day licence. Helmet hire is something like a $50 deposit.

No need for the handbrake. Go into the corner as usual (IE. fast), then as you turn jump off the throttle and the tail end will step out. Catch slide with opposite lock, hold for required time/distance. Once women are adequately impressed stand on the throttle and straighten steering up. Proceed around the track back to afore mentioned women and obtain phone numbers. :lol:

HAHAHAH LMAO... no need for me all i have to do is accelerate around the corner proper drifting =D not your power slides lol

hehhehe

Edited by Toyo Assassin

HAHAHAH LMAO... no need for me all i have to do is accelerate around the corner proper drifting =D not your power slides lol

hehhehe

I think I know the perfect place for you to fit in:

Click here

What's the matter? Too afraid that there won't be much difference in track time once you strap the blower on?

$139 can't seriously be that much of an impact. It only requires you to save $2.17 a day from today.

Evo, I know money is tight, but I think it would be very useful for you to have some track time. Not to mention getting a base time on your car before the blower on it. N00b laps are never fast, but I think it will help you in learning to control the extra power you will gain.

PM'ed too ;)

alright well all know i'm not the world's greatest driver. and i was sht scared my first session. just take it easy. remember, that everyone out there is just as **** scared of you, probably more so when they take the family car!! it's been done.

i can tell you i find this very good for removing the need to race/challenge myself on the street. Once you start getting times, it doesn't matter how fast you think you can do a roundabout as there's no way to measure it.

i can tell you that the support of dave, elgin, asian dave, gav, northy, all really helps enormously for confidence and knowing the track

313 and evo7, no doubt it's hard on the car, but the two of you i expect keep fluids up, changed regulalry. i think running shtty castrol in you motor for 20,000kms is worse than this. and you use your head, you warm up first lap and cool down last lap. if your a ***** and run it hard all the time, then you are in trouble, but how is that different to your revving your car when cold, or flogging it down the street then parking in your driveway, it's not.

139, and you get helmet deposit back. wear and tear on car probably worth another $100. experience - priceless

whitestivo

I can't wait....my 2nd time to the track but this time in a slightly different car.

Yeah best thing is set your objective beforehand. I went with the objective of having as much fun as I could, as well as learning the limits of the car in a safe environment. As much as we push our cars on cruises/mountain runs, it is nowhere compared to the track. Only on the track can you safely explore what your car does at the true limit, when grip is completely gone how it reacts and how to recover.

The sheer fun of it is worth the money IMHO - it doesn't matter what timing I get as long as the day is safe and fun. I remember this Falcon XR6 on the track that day. Almost every single lap I saw his car end up in the sand trap on the 60 km/h turn. He was obviously having a lot of fun!!! It is only as stressful as you yourself make it out to be....hanging out with mates, flogging the car hard and then talking about it to the minutest detail afterward is what makes it so fun.

hehhehe

no, that is doing full sick skids in your commonwhore. not drifting. stop being a f*cking idiot.

At least he is sunny side up.

He did hit the tyres though. That group had a crash on the first flying lap, so red flagged, they go back out again and another crash on that first flying lap again. Doug (fella running the show) was not impressed with them at all; had another briefing for them to attend.

lets see, but i'm talking to someone with something pretty tasty they can bring to qr

if anything they are too keen, so just making sure they arent' going to plough into the wall with the car they had

i'm definitely going for passenger ride if he comes

whitestivo