QR September 19th

chicaboo - Make sure to warm up your rubber before going in too hard Phil

sorry gav, i go hard first, the rubber is good from the get go.

i'm starting to think you got some dodgy rubber, my tyres are not performing like yours.

whitestivo

Yeah, they are, you just don't try hard enough. :P

If your Adrenalins aren't slipping when cool Phil, you definitely ain't trying hard enough :P

I've felt the silent slip of the Adrenalins with Gav behind the wheel. I was already feeling like death was on its way.... WAY before the tires slipped.

ha, good one, we all now your non cai sportivo has an easy life these days.

I guess he drives it easy... in his terms :lol:

Gav: Your driving still amazes me.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daryl, come out for a flying lap with me in the TX3 with me after I've had all the cams dialed in and boost sorted out. :D

I'm not sure whether I will keep the hard springs in the TX3 or not. But if I do, I should be able to get back in touch with my FF drift styles after a few passes. Grip driving is the fast way around, but controlled slides linked from apex to apex is where the fun is at. :lol:

Gav.

Daryl, come out for a flying lap with me in the TX3 with me after I've had all the cams dialed in and boost sorted out. :D

I'm not sure whether I will keep the hard springs in the TX3 or not. But if I do, I should be able to get back in touch with my FF drift styles after a few passes. Grip driving is the fast way around, but controlled slides linked from apex to apex is where the fun is at. :lol:

I better get started on my Will Kit then. It will be death by intense fear.

daryl

go for a lap with gav, feel the slip

then come for a lap with me, we'll be about 10 seconds faster a lap

ha, i've got my work cut out, i got a kd laser for entree, a blown 1zz for dinner, anyone fancy being dessert? oh hang on, some colt with enough rice to send it to the moon is dessert

mmm, tasty

whitestivo

ha, i've got my work cut out, i got a kd laser for entree, a blown 1zz for dinner, anyone fancy being dessert? oh hang on, some colt with enough rice to send it to the moon is dessert

He/I did say slip when cold. Once warm, his setup just doesn't want to give way and let it slip and trust me, he does push really hard.

You got your work cut out all right. You'll just be eating all the reject meals that Gav leaves behind because he will be too busy overtaking them instead.

Above statement was just joking around... don't take it seriously okay. That said, I would still put my money on Gav :lol:

He/I did say slip when cold. Once warm, his setup just doesn't want to give way and let it slip and trust me, he does push really hard.

You got your work cut out all right. You'll just be eating all the reject meals that Gav leaves behind because he will be too busy overtaking them instead.

Above statement was just joking around... don't take it seriously okay. That said, I would still put my money on Gav :lol:

Yeah, once the Adrenalins warm up, they are great. I just don't think they are ideal for a street tyre given that they're nowhere at their best when cold. But It doesn't take many corners to get them up to temp though...

Oh, for QR in the TX3, I'd only be slipping on the in lap to get the tyres warmed up, THEN IT'S ON! :spiteful:

Gav.

I heard it all before, and usually whitestivo comes out on top

If Gav even makes it too the track, it will be an amazer not so much a lazer

check the qr list, street tyres on mine, plenty cars slower than the lil stivo round the black stuff, plenty of much more highly rated cars.

i'll be adding laser to that list

whitestiv

If Gav even makes it too the track, it will be an amazer not so much a lazer

This is true... :( I still have to do my brakes, cams install, racing seats, gearbox, exhaust, etc... before it's safe enough to put on a track. :o

The TX3 isn't going to be ready in time. Too much to do: rear brakes, front endlinks/bushings, sort out intercooler, check for radiator leaks, tow car to exhaust shop, install cams, run in cams, dial-in cam gears on dyno, install 16psi ECU, set up boost controller, find source of blow-by, buy 2X Toyo RA1s, install reco'd gear and new clutch, install racing seats when they turn up, install new steering wheel, and much more... :o All after I find my 10mm spanner. :P

I should be able to come and cheer you guys on still though. :)

Gav.

called up qr, not registered

so now registered.

probably worth while checking

On that topic Phil, what did you ask?

I faxed in my form in a few weeks back on a Saturday and my account was charged by the end of the day. I then called up on Monday to ask if it was processed properly and she said that if it charged my account, then it should be fine. I didn't really feel confident with that response so I asked her to get a receipt number for me. She said that with that I have proof of registering.

I'm not overly confident with that response though and don't know what else I should ask. Do you think I would be fine?

your fine

in my haste, i forgot to check my cc account, i will be next week

so, car is ready for the big day?

my car just ticked over 70,000 this morning, so seems like as good a reason as any to give it a good bollocking for the next decade of kms

whitestivo

called up qr, not registered

so now registered.

probably worth while checking

can i cut a 1.04, i just don't know

whitestivo

Hope not :P any better than a 105.00 and you get a carton.

I'm not overly confident with that response though and don't know what else I should ask. Do you think I would be fine?

If it has been taken from your account it will be fine. It's always worthwhile checking your account/ringing them to check they have your entry as it is a known problem. Why they don't go to online entry I do not know, it isn't that hard to setup an online adobe form to fill out and submit.

I'll be throwing everything i have at 1.04, nice to know i got your support.ha

i'll find the boundaries first session, get the car ready, then it's on 2nd and third session.

I'll be keen to see if i still bounce of redline on exit to dipper, or whether power goes straight to the ground. could be good bit of speed there, maybe 0.8 second. And the exhaust, sounds like it's worth 2 seconds... will watch main straight speed for certain.

i'm thinking about retiring for good if i hit 1.04, might get some 19" chromies and join the slow, i mean low riders like 313.

whitestivo

Getting power down out of the dipper is worth maybe 0.2s tops.

I have noticed that QR (being a powah track, so duh) even small powah increases can shave a big bit off of lap times on the 2zz. I don't have any rules of thumb I have picked up since I have few powah mods (and stuffed tyres to show the times). But 2s from a cat-back exhaust I doubt.

I'm entered, tyres have no grip left in them so I won't be setting the world ablaze. Couple weeks ago I was out there I was down about 1s.

I keep getting paranoid every time I subconsciously accelerate sharply or take a corner a bit to quick. I end up coming home and checking my tires for unusual wear. I think that was the result of wearing out my last set of RE001's in 16,000km. These tires have now travelled up to 4000km which is why I get even more paranoid. I'm sure they are alright though:

dsc05076f.jpg

Something is really wrong with me.

16,000km :blink:

Dad got 45,000km out of his last set with track days. You don't like doing skids all the time do you? :P

Make sure you have individual toe set to zero, not cross toe. And if they don't give you a printout of your alignment assume its crap.

i'm thinking about retiring for good if i hit 1.04, might get some 19" chromies and join the slow, i mean low riders like 313.

hahah layin low and cruisin slow mate only way to do it! haha

speaking of slow seeing my rims are heavy got the sh|t ripped into me off the lights 3 times in a row by a stock aurion the other night, 1st was so slow to get up and go but i actually wound him in and beat him every time :clap:

btw way what time is everyone going out there on sat. id love to come out but got class till 11

I'm heading in from Greenslopes around 11am.

Last time Gav and I met up at BP at Redbank Plains or similar.

If Daryl is faster than me around the track you should trade your TRD in immediately and buy a SX6...

Spectators are great, give you heaps of tips about driving lines and braking times, Gav helped me out enormously last time

Not to mention it gives other people the bug. Evan!

whitestivo

Edited by whitestivo