QR September 19th

I've decided, it's back to the track in September to test out the mods, see what I've gained.

Anyone else keen? I'll be registering early August to ensure i get a pit spot. Best if we register together so we got a pit group.

Not to mention all that drifting has got me excited to see if I can do it in the stivo

whitestivo

Mmmmm last time SD and I were out there the timing system was playing up.....I wonder if that happened the first time you were out there?

Are you implying that perhaps he's not as fast around QR as he thinks he is?

:o How could you suggest such a thing! All im saying is that the timing at QR does have a tendency to be slightly flawed. Take form my comment what you will.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All i know is a certain ralliart lancer couldn't catch the stivo, and everyone loves to see that (well everyone here)

If i go and pull a sub 1.02, i will conceede the timing is probably out

I just enjoy being out there, and seeing if i can improve on my times during the day, learning about my car.

whitestivo

All i know is a certain ralliart lancer couldn't catch the stivo, and everyone loves to see that (well everyone here)

I just enjoy being out there, and seeing if i can improve on my times during the day, learning about my car.

whitestivo

:P Oh how true!

This may be one of the reasons why a certain ralliart lancer is being sold and a sportivo is being bought :ph34r:

whitestivo

:P Oh how true!

This may be one of the reasons why a certain ralliart lancer is being sold and a sportivo is being bought :ph34r:

Oh and further more a 104.5 isnt too bad for a car on street rubber that weighs 1600kg/s and is way down on power to weight compared to a stivo (stivo = 8.5 kg:kw, lancer = 9kg:kw). compared to a stivo with semi's power fc, coils ect(not to mention SD's super powers) I'm surprised I even pulled that.

Edited by T_Money

t

i think you have my stivo confused, just a light mod stock stivo giving it to the lancer.

also, i read the best time was 1.05.3, not sure about this 1.04.5 business, don't tell me, dash mounted gtech...

whitestivo

nah timing off my swatch watch

Only one way to settle this. If you pull a 105.0 or better i will owe you a carton! :D Hahaha what a deal!

Edited by T_Money

swatch watch, you know those things are put together in a toy factory

we shall see. I think my ability may stop short before then. won't stop me trying.

i'm going to draft off superdave if i can. i know first session write off, but second and third session, i'll be going for it.

whitestivo

swatch watch, you know those things are put together in a toy factory

we shall see. I think my ability may stop short before then. won't stop me trying.

i'm going to draft off superdave if i can. i know first session write off, but second and third session, i'll be going for it.

whitestivo

;)

No rules against drafting....should be a good day.

t

i think you have my stivo confused, just a light mod stock stivo giving it to the lancer.

also, i read the best time was 1.05.3, not sure about this 1.04.5 business, don't tell me, dash mounted gtech...

whitestivo

Sorry to be a pain....just one more Q.

What is a "light mod stock stivo"? Forgive my ignorance but once a modification is done to a car, doesn't that make it a modified car? Fair bit of difference saying a stock stivo does a 65. It's just that I heard you have Koni's, Kings, exhaust and an intake???? not exactally stock?

What mods did you have doing that time?

t

whitestivo

Sorry to be a pain....just one more Q.

What is a "light mod stock stivo"? Forgive my ignorance but once a modification is done to a car, doesn't that make it a modified car? Fair bit of difference saying a stock stivo does a 65. It's just that I heard you have Koni's, Kings, exhaust and an intake???? not exactally stock?

What mods did you have doing that time?

Koni's??? He's got leaky bincy bouncy stock shocks! When he did the 65s pass it was with a TRD CAI, King lows and original BS Turanzas.

Since then he has added catback and BS Adrenalins. So you could say it was definitely lightly modded when he did the 65s pass at QR.

Gav.

light mod means no t66r turbo hanging off the side, ha

spot on gav. was definite light mod.

i was driving like a demon that day. i keep thinking now i'll take it easy, but then some shtty vtec will go past me and the 2zz gremlin will reappear

whitestivo

light mod means no t66r turbo hanging off the side, ha

spot on gav. was definite light mod.

i was driving like a demon that day. i keep thinking now i'll take it easy, but then some shtty vtec will go past me and the 2zz gremlin will reappear

whitestivo

I'm impressed! :D

should be an awesome day!

• 2 weeks later...

This thread has gone a little quiet. So who else will definitely be there?

A bit late to mention this, but the other week I faxed in my form so I am a definite.

Tyres are finally starting to really grip, had them for 3 months, done about 3000km. Feel great, and thankfully, scrubbing has stopped unless I'm going way to hard on the street.

Should have a pit spot.

65 seconds is going down. Always look forward to track days.

whitestivo

Hi guys, recently I've been pretty keen for heading to the track with my stivo,

I've raced go karts since I was 8 and its been atleast 10years since I've stopped so id love to go with my car now!

Only problem is its stock and I've got no information on sydney tracks etc.

I know it will be fun but would it be worth while getting some new wheels and new tyres for track use?

If anyone could pm me some helpful information that would be great.

Good luck on the track event, I wish we had more events/meets down here!

Hi guys, recently I've been pretty keen for heading to the track with my stivo,

I've raced go karts since I was 8 and its been atleast 10years since I've stopped so id love to go with my car now!

I know it will be fun but would it be worth while getting some new wheels and new tyres for track use?

If anyone could pm me some helpful information that would be great.

Good luck on the track event, I wish we had more events/meets down here!

Wakefield Park near Goulburn www.wakefieldpark.com.au

Eastern Creek near Prospect/Blacktown www.eastern-creek-raceway.com

Oran Park near Camden www.oranpark.com.au will be closing soon due to housing development.

Edited by SupaTouring

No reason why a stock car won't work on a track :P

While starting out just use your street tyres. Then when you know you will continue with it you can determine whether or not you want the outlay and added ongoing expense (and setup/packup time) of semi slicks.

my first outing was stock car, only cai, that's it and it was great learning experience.

most of the stuff people have on their cars is useless rubbish when it comes to track time. yes, it's for other reasons, accepted.

don't underestimate your little stivo, just drive within yourself.

whitestivo

chicaboo - Make sure to warm up your rubber before going in too hard Phil

sorry gav, i go hard first, the rubber is good from the get go.

i'm starting to think you got some dodgy rubber, my tyres are not performing like yours.

whitestivo

chicaboo - Make sure to warm up your rubber before going in too hard Phil

sorry gav, i go hard first, the rubber is good from the get go.

i'm starting to think you got some dodgy rubber, my tyres are not performing like yours.

whitestivo

Yeah, they are, you just don't try hard enough. :P

ha, good one, we all now your non cai sportivo has an easy life these days.

whitestivo

K'n'oath mate. I just stroll back and forth to work. What is lift??? :o

Lot's happening to the TX3 over the next month however. Cams and stage 1 IC plumbing adapters arrived yesterday. I ordered a pair of racing seats, and the car is booked in to get the exhaust done on the 7th September (dunno how long it will be there though....). So this weekend I think I will be busy doing the little odds and ends plus starting the car up for the first time in a long while. Wow, I can't wait to do the rear breaks. <_<

Gav.