Autoglym glass polish

-DAvo

hey everyone

does anyone here have any experience with autoglym glass polish? is it worth using? since its a polish, am i correct in assuming its a light abrasive as well? and if so, are there any chances of damage to my exterior glass?

same question goes for the meguiars plastx, will using this product on my headlights causde them to haze over once the product wears off??

thanks for your input! :)

hey everyone

does anyone here have any experience with autoglym glass polish? is it worth using? since its a polish, am i correct in assuming its a light abrasive as well? and if so, are there any chances of damage to my exterior glass?

I use it all the time, have yet to have a problem with it. just DON'T use it on ya tint!

It has worked great in removing suborn marks on the window that hot soapy water just can't remove. also I've it on the windscreen (inside), so long as you apply it careful and dont spill on the dash or trim, your good as gold!

2 cents added :)

i use autoglyms glass polish, and havent had a problem either. as BG Pete said, don't use it on the tint as it does contain ammonia. no problems with swirl marks or scratching though

just use a tiny amount and work it in thoroughly. a little too much and you will get that holographic effect from different angles

• 6 months later...

Apologies for reviving an older thread but I noticed the second question -DAvo posted regarding plastic polish went unanswered - has anyone had any experience in using this??

I want to clean both my headlight and bonnet protectors (necessities for all my country driving) and there are two products available, Mothers Plastic Polish or Meguiars PlastX, both of which are around $22 a bottle. Or are you better off taking them off and just going with soapy water?

I have used Meguiars PlastX and unless your headlight covers/bonnet protectors are only lightly yellowed, don't bother.

If you are dressing up for a meet or something, go for it but for longevity it doesn't exist.

I've bought some stuff (awaiting delivery) from the states which has some abrasive pads + fluid + sealant as well.

You could always paint your bonnet protector to match the car. . I used to take off the bonnet protector and use soapy water to clean same with the headlight covers(when i had them). I received a sample pack of autoglym products one of which is the glass polish so will be trying this out over the weekend. But if it is as good as the ultra deep polish. you should have no problems. Let you know how it goes. :D :D Also what cloths do people use for different parts of the car? i need to buy a whole new set. thanks

Thanks for those ideas guys, reckon I might try the soapy water approach and see how they come up :)

1Rocky, I find the Kenco microfibre clothes really good, plus you can wash and re-use them. Safe enough to use with product on the outside, and also good on the inside. BGPete got me my set as I couldn't find anyone who sold the pack here in Bendigo.

sorry i didnt see this post until now,

in answer to your question Tash - i would definately try the plastx, in terms of making it last, what i do is work the plastx into the headlights, and then seal it with 2 layers of meguiars m21 synthetic sealant (meguiars nxt techwax 2.0 will do the same job) this will protect the plastic from the elements.

you do run the risk of introducing micro swirls into the plastic (that is if there arnt any in there already), that is what the Plastx and mothers plastic polish are designed to combat.

good luck and remeber, if you do go for the plastx option (which i highly recommend) make sure to work the product in long enough to allow the dimishing abrasives to work into a polishing action :)