[VIC] Melb August Meet Up - Coffee/Photo Shoot/Cruise?

I'll join ya's. It doesn't matter that my rolla isn't hawt yet? It'd be wicked to go along and see these rides in the flesh.

don't worry mate, the more the merrier! :)

I'll be interested. Drinks and photoshot at night? what's the meet time?

I might be a late though, i finish work at 9pm. Hope i can make it to this meet.

time is undecided as of yet.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heheh thanks guys - really nice that you all want me to come :) Am really looking forward to it! *Fingers crossed* my personalised plates might arrive by then too! Lee - I changed my tune as soon as it wasn't a rolla only meet hahahah Although I was thinking of gate crashing it ;)

I don't mind about time/location, Bendigo is only an hour and a half away so a late arvo/evening meet would be fine, gives me an opportunity to get down and wash the car (if a group of you are doing this beforehand I will join in and get the bugs off!). If it was a night meet I would just leave no later than 10pm, just cos I gotta work on the Monday morning. All the locations sound great to me, will be good to check out parts of Melb I haven't seen before.

Of course we'd love you to come :P

Yes, shouldn't be that late, as i'm sure others will have work/uni on the Monday as well.

I'll update first post with Lee's suggestions. :)

Well - just to throw it out there, and keep in mind my knowledge of Melbourne isn't all that great, but what about if we combine all of the ideas?? Say those of us that wanted to could meet up at like 11am for the car wash, then say a 12pm meet @ Albert Park for photos, do a short cruise somewhere for lunch/coffee then get some shots under the Bolte Bridge and say goodbye there?? Dunno if that would be too big a day or not.

Edited by Tash

Well - just to throw it out there, and keep in mind my knowledge of Melbourne isn't all that great, but what about if we combine all of the ideas?? Say those of us that wanted to could meet up at like 11am for the car wash, then say a 12pm meet @ Albert Park for photos, do a short cruise somewhere for lunch/coffee then get some shots under the Bolte Bridge and say goodbye there?? Dunno if that would be too big a day or not.

I think that sounds pretty good actually. In terms of it being too big a day, depends on how many we have and by the looks of it we have about 14 or so.

I think that sounds pretty good actually. In terms of it being too big a day, depends on how many we have and by the looks of it we have about 14 or so.

Well I was thinking say we hung around at Albert Park for an hour, left there at 1 and got to somewhere for snack/drink @ like 1:30 ish, then maybe back to the Bolte by 3pm and a few shots and it winds up around 4pm. Just a loose sort of time frame. 14 sounds like a pretty manageable group :) I'll leave it up to the Melbourne guys though to think up the snack place - Lee you mentioned St Kilda, that fairly close to Albert Park?

Well I was thinking say we hung around at Albert Park for an hour, left there at 1 and got to somewhere for snack/drink @ like 1:30 ish, then maybe back to the Bolte by 3pm and a few shots and it winds up around 4pm. Just a loose sort of time frame. 14 sounds like a pretty manageable group :) I'll leave it up to the Melbourne guys though to think up the snack place - Lee you mentioned St Kilda, that fairly close to Albert Park?

That's practically around the corner from St Kilda... Well it kind of is. I'm sure all the citybound guys will sort it out for us. I only know of Sunbury and surrounding areas, and Southbank coz I work there. haha.

Sounds like a plan! I'll defiantly head out with the MR2.

Excellent!!! Would love to see an MR2 up close :) Details not confirmed as yet, just waiting to see what everyone else thinks. But the date is definitely locked in!

Sounds good to me. Yeah, let's see what others think first!

Never been to Port Melbourne Bakehouse. Are you talking about this one Lee?

http://www.melbournebakehouse.com.au/

Edited by dwee.

Hey Dwee...i'm not sure about that one,i thought the name of it was the Port Melbourne Bakehouse (could be wrong).. :unsure: anyway Bay st Port.Melb has heaps of places to eat & drink and if we don't like that St.Kilda is just around the corner so plenty of choice there also. B)

Sounds like a good meet guys but unfortunately I will not be able to make it because I play soccer from 11am to around 1pm. :(

Should come afterwards!!! Looks like we'll be back @ the Bolte around 2pm, so could make it there for some piccies if you were interested after soccer :)

Hey Dwee...i'm not sure about that one,i thought the name of it was the Port Melbourne Bakehouse (could be wrong).. :unsure: anyway Bay st Port.Melb has heaps of places to eat & drink and if we don't like that St.Kilda is just around the corner so plenty of choice there also. B)

That sounds pretty good, plenty of choice is always nice :) As long as there's lots of spots for parking we'll be okay!

That sounds pretty good, plenty of choice is always nice :) As long as there's lots of spots for parking we'll be okay!

Okay, heaps of food choices, that's awesome. :D

Just realized it's next Sunday, does anyone want to check out for possible photoshoot spots under the bolte with me sometime before the meet? :P

Or does someone already know of one?

Give me a sms/call on 0402155913.

Peter.

^^ Hahahah yeah! Should we lock in Albert Park as the place to kick off proceedings? 12pm?

Also, who was interested in a quick trip to the carwash beforehand?? I'll need to duck in somewhere to remove the bugs from the trip down lol

^^ Hahahah yeah! Should we lock in Albert Park as the place to kick off proceedings? 12pm?

Also, who was interested in a quick trip to the carwash beforehand?? I'll need to duck in somewhere to remove the bugs from the trip down lol

I guess we should just confirm it. 12pm @ Albert Park!

Yes, my car is always up for a wash. Haha getting bugs off are a pain....so what about the trip back up? Wash it again after? lol :clap:

Hmm, which car wash should we go to though? Nearby somewhere from Albert Park?

I guess we should just confirm it. 12pm @ Albert Park!

Yes, my car is always up for a wash. Haha getting bugs off are a pain....so what about the trip back up? Wash it again after? lol :clap:

Hmm, which car wash should we go to though? Nearby somewhere from Albert Park?

Awesome :D Just figured it was getting pretty close so we should at least have a starting point locked in :) Can we park at Albert Park over the other side, like where the pits are?

Bugs are a pain...And the calder is always full of them *hooray* <_< Hahah it'll probably get a wash the week after following the trip back. A place close to Albert Park sounds great to me, will just need to know the street beforehand so the TomTom can get me there heheh :P

Hey Tash...some carwashes in Port Melbourne. :) never used em but i've seen em.

Shiners 196 Turner st Port.Melb.

BP Clean and Go 322 City rd Sth Melb.

Quick N Clean Bay st Port Melb.

p.s Dwee maybe we should work out where we should meet at Albert Park (it's a pretty big park) if thats our starting point.Maybe at the Clarendon st & Albert rd entrance,might be easier to find for most. (we could park in the service lane and wait for everyone to arrive)

p.s Dwee maybe we should work out where we should meet at Albert Park (it's a pretty big park) if thats our starting point.Maybe at the Clarendon st & Albert rd entrance,might be easier to find for most. (we could park in the service lane and wait for everyone to arrive)

Same, i was searching for car washes nearby. By the way, the BP one on City Rd and Clarendon St is an auto machine one.

Yes, that's probably a good idea. Do you know Albert Park well Lee? Like a suitable parking spot in Albert?

Same, i was searching for car washes nearby. By the way, the BP one on City Rd and Clarendon St is an auto machine one.

Yes, that's probably a good idea. Do you know Albert Park well Lee? Like a suitable parking spot in Albert?

Nah not that well,i drove a RACV Battery van in Sth Melb for a while so i drove past and around the park a few times but never really took any notice of places to multi park,i'm pretty sure if we meet up at the entrance that i suggested we should be ok.

Sounds good guys, if someone was able to do a quick scout beforehand that would be awesome. A few of us cut a quick lap around it before dinner at the TOCAU mega meet but I don't really recall many places where lots of us would fit to park...

Thanks for the list of car washes Lee, definitely don't want an auto one. Quick N Clean sounds alright?

Sounds good guys, if someone was able to do a quick scout beforehand that would be awesome. A few of us cut a quick lap around it before dinner at the TOCAU mega meet but I don't really recall many places where lots of us would fit to park...

Thanks for the list of car washes Lee, definitely don't want an auto one. Quick N Clean sounds alright?

That is why i suggested the service lane/road at the entrance to the park as the meeting point on Albert rd & Clarendon st,because i can't really think of anywhere else we can park 12+ cars.

That is why i suggested the service lane/road at the entrance to the park as the meeting point on Albert rd & Clarendon st,because i can't really think of anywhere else we can park 12+ cars.

Awesome - I reckon that's a great idea :)

Dwee, first post is lookin' good!