[VIC] Melb August Meet Up - Coffee/Photo Shoot/Cruise?

Quick N Clean sounds alright. I tried looking for car washes nearby Albert Park, such as in Port Melb, St. Kilda and Prahran, but they are specialized car washing places (i.e. premium, not self serve) or auto car washes. Your thought guys.

Quick N Clean Yarraville, 290 Williamstown Rd, Yarraville VIC 3013

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick N Clean sounds alright. I tried looking for car washes nearby Albert Park, such as in Port Melb, St. Kilda and Prahran, but they are specialized car washing places (i.e. premium, not self serve) or auto car washes. Your thought guys.

Quick N Clean Yarraville, 290 Williamstown Rd, Yarraville VIC 3013

That's reletively easy to get to aswell from the Westgate Freeway (just turn off at Williamstown road and ya there).

I say that's the best location for us to do "The wash!" can't wait! :)

Quick N Clean in Yarraville sounds great to me :D Everyone happy with 11am meetup there? Or even a bit earlier, like 10:30. Gives us heaps of time to wash & get to Albert Park.

I can't wait either!!! Oh, and my personalised plates arrived today too :yahoo:

Hahaha 10:30am? Yeah, you got a good point there Tash..I'll change it to 10:30 onwards at the carwash. And congrats on your plates! What did you get? B)

Lee: nah I didn't check it out the other night. I was thinking checking Albert Park and Bolte out either tmr night or wed night, so people know where exactly they're going beforehand. Want to come with? :P haha! PM me.

Hahaha 10:30am? Yeah, you got a good point there Tash..I'll change it to 10:30 onwards at the carwash. And congrats on your plates! What did you get? B)

LOL I know, and on a Sunday too :P Means I've gotta leave Bendigo no later than 9 hahaha Trying to see if Kyle (Pimp-tivo) will make the trip down with me. Saturday will be my sleep-in day ;)

Cheers, I got 'SPTVOH' - updated my car thread with a piccy of them. Will put them on tomorrow :yahoo:

Will do, saw his car out on the road the other day for the first time so fired off a few quick texts and mentioned the meet, think he is pretty keen :)

Would be awesome if you guys manage to check it all out beforehand, otherwise it'll be a learning experience for us all hahahah Getting v.v close, and I'm getting super excited :clap:

Going to check Albert & Bolte out later tonight! Will let you guys know details later tonight! :)

I just checked too Simon, it'll be 20C :yahoo:

BKS, hope you get enough progress on panda and come show us that beast! :clap: haha

Going to check Albert & Bolte out later tonight! Will let you guys know details later tonight! :)

BKS, hope you get enough progress on panda and come show us that beast! :clap: haha

Depending on what time you check out the Bolte area, you might spot a gold Aurion heading outbound on that bridge. ;) haha. It be me coming home from work!

Excellent! I saw the weather forecast too so here's hoping it will be just beautiful and a great day to get some snaps :)

I hope you can make it too Andy, gotta check out that beast in the flesh!

Hey guys and girls. I just checked out Albert Park and Bolte Bridge before.

Okay, I'll start with Albert Park.

Albert Park Image 1

albert_park_1.jpg

Albert Park Image 2

albert_park_3.jpg

Lee (1stKill) suggested that we meet at the corner of Albert Road & Clarendon Street (spot A) and park after the entrance to wait for others.

I checked out some spots of Albert Park. Referring to above images, spot B will be good, but it will be busy as since it will be lunch time and being a Sunday, all the boat etc people will be there.

Spot D parking would be an option to meet up. There's heaps of parking so we can fit everyone no problems. My friend that tagged along said only the south part of the car park is usually full. People usually don't park at the north part of car park (spot C). It is fairly close to the water.

The other option is to meet at spot E. It's parking for a conference centre, so being Sunday, should be empty. Parking is probably be better for a photo shoot and is also close to the water.

Let me know what you guys think of where we should meet up! :)

Now to the Bolte Bridge.

bolte_bridge.jpg

I only checked out spot F, as I thought that was the furthest I could go; didn't know you can get to spots G by going around. All the promo photos below are at spot F. The thing is, spot F is actually a "no standing" spot, and because I didn't know spot G existed, I can't say that spots G are good or whether they have "no standing" or not..

Took some promo photos! :clap: enjoy!!

Peter.

IMGP3552.jpg

IMGP3555.jpg

IMGP3559.jpg

IMGP3562.jpg

Great work Dwee... :toast:

Albert Park looks good at either C or E meeting points.

And as for the Bolte,can't stop laughing how many times the G Spot was mentioned...someone will have to show where this alledged G Spot is. :lol:

anyway great work again Dwee,you checked out the loction so maybe you make the final decision on where to meet at Albert Park. :)

And as for the Bolte,can't stop laughing how many times the G Spot was mentioned...someone will have to show where this alledged G Spot is. :lol:

anyway great work again Dwee,you checked out the loction so maybe you make the final decision on where to meet at Albert Park. :)

Yeah, I was thinking either C or E, leaning more towards E though haha.

F, where I was, the road ends where it is under the Bolte, so I thought it was the furthest I could go. <_< I guess just make it the meeting point, and one of us on the day can quickly scout it out to see whether it's better. ;)

By the way, Lee do you have one of those tripod stands?? Haha :whistling: I think you can guess what I'm thinking.. :lol:

I was thinking of asking my dad if he still has his old-school film SLR so I can use! :clap:

Excited! Can't Wait!!

Edited by dwee.

Yeah, I was thinking either C or E, leaning more towards E though haha.

F, where I was, the road ends where it is under the Bolte, so I thought it was the furthest I could go. <_< I guess just make it the meeting point, and one of us on the day can quickly scout it out to see whether it's better. ;)

By the way, Lee do you have one of those tripod stands?? Haha :whistling: I think you can guess what I'm thinking.. :lol:

I was thinking of asking my dad if he still has his old-school film SLR so I can use! :clap:

Excited! Can't Wait!!

I'm rather excited aswell! I will see if I can get my hands on some uber camera gear. I know my friend has those car mount camera thingos. I really wanted them on the cruise so we could get uber action shots but he was overseas at the time. :( I'll see if I can get tripods n stuff tho, but not sure yet.

Fantastic work Dwee!!! I put my vote down for Spot E at Albert Park - quiet car park in front of the lake sounds perfect to me and hopefully somewhere we'll be left alone :)

ROFL at the G spot hehehe I like the idea of grouping @ F and someone can scout out G if its any better. Andy, whereabouts were you under the bridge in those shots you posted a couple of pages back??

Loving those promo shots too, they look awesome :D Unfortunately I've got no good camera gear so will have to leave that up to you guys.

Edited by Tash

Hey guys,sorry bout now pitching in. Didnt know this was on here. Been speaking to shinobi a lot about it though. Sounds very good. As for under Bolte Bridge; excellent location. Day or night. I've been there before, and it gets crowded at night, with the likes of S15, WRX, Supra, Skyline and that. But everyone is friendly and the atmosphere is welcoming. Dont know about 10 rollas cruising in, but during the day.. i think we'll own it. Hope to meet everyone there, take care till then.

Johnnieboi

hey guys just thought its kinda getting close to the cruse and well i thought id better say that im up for it. :spiteful:

and that i will b following tash for a mini cruse lol.

ok guys look forward to it see u there and cant wait :yahoo:

btw 1stkill this time its a date for the photo shoot

cyas soon kyle

hey guys just thought its kinda getting close to the cruse and well i thought id better say that im up for it. :spiteful:

and that i will b following tash for a mini cruse lol.

ok guys look forward to it see u there and cant wait :yahoo:

btw 1stkill this time its a date for the photo shoot

cyas soon kyle

Hey man, tash and I were talking off-forum about mini cruising from Sunbury (where I live), feel like me joining in on the mini cruise haha ;)

Hey Kyle (Pimptivo)...this is the only pic i got of your car...i think we can do better.

wu5kev.jpg

also i think i see Tash,DJKOR,Tats,Matt,Zoran,MM and BG Pete doing his thing...Ahhh memories. :)