Mick's AE82 Twincam

eviltwin

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Long ****d time no update!

The shell sits at my folks place with covers on it currently 300KM's from my place... looking to get it down here ASAP as ive just removed the motor from an SX i bought for parts and to my delight has been rebuilt with oversize pistons and a few other goodies.

Now i could talk loads of ***** or just place pics up and get the ball rolling again so here we are!

The shell currently sits like this:

100_2207.jpg

100_2210.jpg

100_2211.jpg

100_2212.jpg

And i removed the motor from this:

100_2263.jpg

And today started placing some new bits on , got the alternator and some new plugs in:

100_2273.jpg

100_2272.jpg

100_2274.jpg

100_2275.jpg

More to come very shortly as ive got loads of bits to fit on...

I'd just like to throw a mega thank you out to BWAY for coming around in his own time and assisting me with a few things and helping to remove the crank pulley bolt so i could change my timing belt. Legendary work mate and it was that tight we ended up borrowing a big **** off rattle gun from a tyre place to remove him! Also a shout out to Chris ( Moses08 ) for coming over and helping do the water pump and in general just giving me a second set of eyes and hands ;).

New timing belt is now on and setup ( thanks to Mickwheelz for the pointers with setting timing etc ) Stoked Ive learnt a few new skills this week!

Pics:

100_2290.jpg

100_2289.jpg

100_2288.jpg

100_2286.jpg

100_2285.jpg

100_2284.jpg

100_2278.jpg

100_2277.jpg

Are you sure that engine's been rebuilt? Looking at the pic with the cam cover off, that's what they usually look like when serviced very little... I'd be pulling the sump off and trying to clean as much of the crud out of the head as a bare minimum.

Really? there isn't any build up in the head what so ever no chunks no nothing. A few guys have also seen it in person as it looks there and said the same thing about how fresh and healthy it looks. Not trying to argue my way out of what your saying but possibly the photo is making it appear no good?

Ok , no problems ill have a chat to the previous owner and ask him what was done if anything with the head when it was built up.

Thanks for the heads up!

Yeah that does not look re built at all man, way to dark under the cam covers.... depends if it was just quick and dirty bottom end rebuilt though

Easiest way to tell is to take a look at the bore (i.e remove the head)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ive been scouting out some **** for the car recently and had BWAY do a really nice thing and take a saturday , his tow car and hire trailer on the 6 hour trip to grab the car, she now resides at my place again and yesterday i bolted the motor into place , looks and feels preety ******en awesome to have it this far. Still loads to do but ill let the pics do the talking!

100_2333.jpg

100_2332.jpg

100_2335.jpg

100_2330.jpg

100_2334.jpg

100_2331.jpg

Lots more to come!