Formula 1 Chat

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At the start of the season I was slowly losing interest and faith with Kimi as you guys could have deducted from my previous posts but I must admit I am gradually being converted back to a fan of his with the last GP races. He definitely showed complete determination and his outstanding abilities as a driver lately. You see a lot of drivers like Sutil, Kovalainen or even Webber I should say who all have pretty fast and competitive cars but they can barely delivers the strict minimum. On the other hand, Kimi has showed that he is more than an ordinary driver. I have a similar analogy for cars taken off the horse racing "Good horses make good jockeys...a bit like how good cars make good drivers" but Kimi is an exception :)

All that said, I still wish sometimes he could take more risks but oh well you can't get everything I suppose.

At the start of the season I was slowly losing interest and faith with Kimi as you guys could have deducted from my previous posts but I must admit I am gradually being converted back to a fan of his with the last GP races. He definitely showed complete determination and his outstanding abilities as a driver lately. You see a lot of drivers like Sutil, Kovalainen or even Webber I should say who all have pretty fast and competitive cars but they can barely delivers the strict minimum. On the other hand, Kimi has showed that he is more than an ordinary driver. I have a similar analogy for cars taken off the horse racing "Good horses make good jockeys...a bit like how good cars make good drivers" but Kimi is an exception :)

Hence why I have always defended him

(some might say he is just driving hard to impress for future employers though)

I doubt he has to impress future employers because he has so many options and these options might also extend to the rally racing not just f1. It would be good to see Massa and Alonso on one side and on the other side Kimi and Hamilton. This would be an epic rivalry battle and will make formula one so interesting given those drivers are really competitive. Also, that's not including the other contenders. :-l lol I hope the "no refuelling" policy will not ruin it all though. I expect Ferrari & McLarren to be dominating next season though given the fact that it will be unlikely that they will stuff up on some diffuser bullsh!t again haha However, I am just curious to know how Brawn will cope next year. We always tend to think that it is just a matter of time for them to go down but man Ross Brawn is such so smart and ingenious that he makes sure that he always has a joker in his pocket...haha

• 2 weeks later...

Toyota is about to pull out of Formula 1, Japanese newspaper Mainichi reports. According to the paper, the Japanese manufacturer will host a press conference on November 8th, where the decision will be made public.

Toyota is set to have an important meeting in which the future of the Formula 1 project will be discussed, and the prospects aren't good. Toyota hasn't had that craved first victory this year, although the team has made a big step forward after last season. With the manufacturer suffering badly from the current economic crisis, the millions spent in the Formula 1 project could very well be used for other issues.

If Toyota indeed pulls out, it would be bad news for rookie Kamui Kobayashi, who made a very good impression in the two races in which he replaced the injured Timo Glock. After a sixth place in Abu Dhabi, he looked set for a drive in 2010. It could also mean good news for the former BMW team, who are looking to get a spot on the grid for next year, which they could take over from Toyota.

Ouch...

Yep, its sad to see them go :( but something everyone have kind of expected.

I hope it will be a Honda style pull out, a management buy-out so the team can remain on the grid.

Just hope Kobayashi will get a drive next year, but will be hard without Toyota.

We'll just have to see in the coming weeks, just a rumor at this stage

• 2 weeks later...

Brawn GP is no more.

There is however a new team called Mercedes-Benz GP that has the same management as Brawn GP :P

Rumour this will allow Button to move to McLaren, but to be honest I think he will want to stay with MBGP now that they will have the budget to cover what he is asking for (which isn't that much for a world champ).

Lets see if Button throws a dummy come Monaco (ala Alonso :P).

Hopefully MBGP doesn't be a lame and do what Honda and Toyota did and only hire their nationality, they should sign up Kobuyashi and Kimi.

More interesting news was Silverstone announcing the new Stowe complex, while the people running Donnington went into receivership. The owners will be happy to have not been paid and have a few big holes in their once lovely track.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

bump

So it seems 2 of the 4 new entrants made it in time to test, 1 will 'arrive' at Bahrain on Sunday with no testing, while the other has left without a word.

Hopefully the 107% qualifying time rule will make a return, even though when it did exist it still allowed cars that were 8s off the pace to start (in the case of Hokenheim before Tilke got his hands on it)(was about a 2min lap).

You mean he won't get taken out like the old days, I don't get it... I'm such a n00b :huh::lol:

Those were just the drivers he has famously run into (even though I think Villenerve hit Shui in 1997).

Ahhh righto, I knew taht......... RoFL :lol:

Anyways, what a BIG month of sport ahead.... specifically the NRL, F1 and the business end of European `Football

:toast::yahoo::clap:

• 3 weeks later...

Bloody Hamilton the bogan.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/formula-1-news/2...ne-for-burnout/

On Friday evening Lewis Hamilton was fined by the Melbourne police for doing burnouts in the streets of Melbourne. The police confirmed a 2010 silver Mercedes sedan was impounded after the incident at 9.15pm.

A McLaren statement came in not much later quoting Hamilton as saying: "This evening, I was driving in an over-exuberant manner and, as a result, was stopped by the police. What I did was silly, and I want to apologise for it."