Formula 1 Chat

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What I can't believe is Ferrari just bringing in old drivers, Badoer, Fisi. These drivers are not the way ahead for the team. They are only bringing them in because they are Italian (or near enough). They tested three young drivers at the end of last season, all three of them were faster than Badoer on the Ferrari test track, why not ring one of these fellas up? Probably a damn sight cheaper too. Then again Ferrari have never had a driver development system, they just buy drivers.

he's being brought in as ferrari and massa are allowing him time to recuperate from his injury's to go full on for 2010(massa that is)

fisi is also the reserve and test driver for next year,ferrari has always valued loyalty and thats why luca was given another race to prove himself,unfortunately for him it has'nt worked out,there is nothing majorly wrong with the car and kimi's win last time out proves it

just my 2 cents worth

I understand fully that Fisi is just a temp driver, but it would have been if Ferrari gave someone who isn't using a zimmerframe a drive.

In other news, Mercedes-Benz is looking at some shares in Brawn now that they have freed up some money from the MacLaren road cars alliance.

I'm hoping the KERS cars can nudge 400km/h at Monza this weekend, will be great to see the quadruple ton.

Part of the reason why Merc is buying into Brawn is to take advantage of manufactures leaving the sport: bitter rival BMW, Honda, and possibly engine supplier rival Renault? If you look at it that way, they will be supplying engines to almost half the grid next year :o (McLaren, Force India, Brawn, Red Bull)

They just want to become the new Cosworth :P

But they do make good powah, and they must obviously charge a realistic price; would explain why Red Bull wanted out of their Ferrari engines deal. Why they went to Renault engines, only god knows, they must have been free. The renault engine was a dog last year.

as far as i know the renault engines have'nt changed that much over the years,a good chassis or car is still needed and the renaults and red bulls were not that good.what i have heard anyways,but the merc's are awesome engines with very good reliability,is interesting to see why the brawns were really good at beginning of year and the mclarens were nowhere as were ferrari,just proves aero plays a big part imo anyways

cheers

Like I said on Toymods, its pretty easy to have a minor accident hold everything up on a street circuit. Pick a spot where there are no cranes. Any minor stack with a 'stall' (thanks schui :P) can block the track. Self preservation will typically prevent someone from barrelling into the barriers on purpose.

Telemetry will reveal the full storey.

Yet again the media is brain dead with their story titles. The PK crash has now been labled crash-gate....That is sad.

Seems FIA have given immunity to Symmonds now too :ph34r:

In other news, Lotus will rejoin in the form of a Malaysian team using the Lotus title under licence. BMW have found a buyer, however Lotus beat their entry for 2010, so now as per the new concord agreement there needs to be agreement between the 13 2010 teams to allow a 14th team for next season. Looks like there will be bumper grids next year, I just hope the pit facilities can handle 14 teams and 28 cars.

Yep... looks like FIA (Max) only wants Flavio's head.

With 28 cars, its going to be impossible for the new teams to even the slightest of a chance to score any points.

Revision to the points system perhaps?

Yep... looks like FIA (Max) only wants Flavio's head.

With 28 cars, its going to be impossible for the new teams to even the slightest of a chance to score any points.

Revision to the points system perhaps?

Thats what I was implying

With max leaving, Flavio gone, all that is left is Bernie. If he wasn't so greedy he might be bearable, shame only the CVC can remove him.

I wonder if Flavio and Renault are going to pursue the court action against PK still...A poor tactic to threaten legal action if you know you are that guilty. I'd say that Renault told them to leave in hope that they don't cop a massive fine or severe punishment.

I don't think PK was ever trying to win the battle, he just wanted to drag Flavio down with him.

Hopefully he can get a drive back in GP2 as he did alright in that series, and if he matures he might make it back into F1 if he can show the same skill as his old man.

agree-i know pk felt hard done by but what he did is a dog act and no-one or team will ever trust him with anything again,if his old man buys a team as has been reported he may be back.

the sport is definitely changing for the better now,ronnie boy gone,now flavio and pat,who i wonder will be next?????

just my opinion