Formula 1 Chat

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^ I liked Flavios comments on PK's driving skill; what a *****, if he couldn't drive then why hire him in the first place :blink:

I'm wondering if Flavio "deliberately" said something like that to try and make it look like the accident was actually an accident - kinda like "gee that guy is crap, good thing we want to get rid of him" as opposed to "nice crach, it may _just_ have saved your position in the team for another year"

Geez, Renault got off lightly: A suspended sentence until the end of 2011 provided they don't do something similar again....it would take someone pretty stupid to try that again within F1 (and that idiot has already received a lifetime ban). The ban also prevents him from being a driver manager, Webber's bad luck continues.

Also looks like the FIA is moving to reduce the power output of the Mercedes-Benz engines to match the rest of the field instead of allowing the other engine manufacturers to increase their power. Something to do with Cosworth being in bed with the FIA perhaps?

IMHO

FIA knows that unlike McLaren, Renault won't be able to handle a crazy fine and would definitely leave the sport (which is bad for F1), so as long as they do the right thing (firing Flavio) they'll merely just get a slap on the wrist, which is stupid for committing something thats labeled as the "worst ever crime occurred in F1".

Another way to look at it (with Max in consideration): The reason for McLaren's 100 Million fine was perhaps Max's attempt to get Ron fired.

Anyway I won't miss Flavio in F1, although he's good for laugh every now n then, and I don't think anyone will miss PK.

Also, now that Alonso is cleared from the race fixing, we should see some announcements at the SGGP this weekend :D

Edited by DHC09

What's the whole point of making legalisation of engine power? I can only see it as it will be making the sport more boring as fk...why? :-s

We might as well have only one team running 20 cars... :-l

The problem is that the teams aren't allowed to develop engines at all anymore (thanks to Max again for one of his spending limitation strategies), so if a manufacture had an engine which wasn't as powerful when all engine developments were ceased 2? seasons ago... has a disadvantage until 2012.

Note: all the money that was saved on engine development were wasted on KERS development.

The sport will be less innovative on the engine front, but definitely wont be more boring since it should bring closer racing. The only variable now is how well the teams use the same power and its reliability.

Edited by DHC09

What's the whole point of making legalisation of engine power? I can only see it as it will be making the sport more boring as fk...why?

Don't worry, with the refueling ban next season it'll be boring as .... even without the changes to the engines. I'm not sure where they thought driving to save fuel would make things more interesting, may as well hire some pensioners to drive slowly.

The 100m fine McLaren got was way over the top and now hopefully any doubters of that can now see it in comparison to other 'fines' issued. A lot of people are trying to compare Renault cheating to Schui parking it at Monaco; the incidents are completely different as schui did that all by himself without team orders.

Doesn't Flavio also have shares in Mechachrome (engine manufacturer for Renault)?

Yup. The refueling ban next year is BS, and the reason for doing so is even more retarded: to save costs for shipping the fuel rigs around :S

I personally think they will bring back refueling mid-season, much like the "no tyre change for the whole race" idea :lol:

What's with all those stupid ideas and regulations, FIA is seriously trying too hard.

Btw, what happened to the idea of having a new governing body for those who were thinking about leaving due to budget restriction? I reckon we need a change...!!! :-D lol

What's with all those stupid ideas and regulations, FIA is seriously trying too hard.

Btw, what happened to the idea of having a new governing body for those who were thinking about leaving due to budget restriction? I reckon we need a change...!!! :-D lol

The breakaway series (FOTA) came to an agreement with the FIA and now everyone is 'happy' again.

should be interesting next year with 26 or maybe 28 cars on the grid.

also williams has brought up the discussion of having 3 cars for teams as long as the 3rd driver is inexperienced(ie) no mikey for ferrari,what does everyone else think.

also i think meccachrome is back in the hand s of renault

Trulli and Glock unemployed next year? possibly

As far as i know, Glock already has a contract with Toyota next year.

Another bunch of idiots tainting such a beautiful sport ....

:angry:

Who are you on about? Trulli and Glock? I watch Glock raced his way from 6th to 2nd last night at the stands, and he is far from an idiot. And with a good car Trulli is one of the best qualifiers.

But if you're talking about Falvio and PK then i agree :P

Cool, i like Glock,he came good towards the end of last season but nothing much this year,but didnt he get fastest lap on last lap a couple of rounds ago?commentators were impressed but too late, and i totally agree with you on Trulli's

qualifying,he is good and hope he stays

Cool, i like Glock,he came good towards the end of last season but nothing much this year,but didnt he get fastest lap on last lap a couple of rounds ago?commentators were impressed but too late, and i totally agree with you on Trulli's

qualifying,he is good and hope he stays

Fastest lap doesn't mean that much these days, with the engine restrictions the leaders will often back-off during the last dozen or so laps and consolidate positions (except for Hamilton, who if he isn't in first pushes until the end and then crashes into a wall), so it is often the midfield who end up setting the overall fastest lap during the last few laps as they push for a points finish.

The long-awaited confirmation of Fernando Alonso's move to Ferrari will take place on Thursday, the Spanish media reports. The former double World Champion has been tipped for a five-year deal with the Maranello team at an estimated worth of €25m (£23m) per season.

With Alonso long since connected with the Ferrari name, Spanish radio station Cadena SER has reported that the news will finally be official on Thursday of this week. The Oviedo driver is expected to line up next to Felipe Massa, with Kimi Räikkönen tipped for a McLaren return alongside current Champion Lewis Hamilton.

Alonso's anticipated contract with Ferrari is believed to take him to the end of the 2014 season, with 2015 remaining an option. With the predicted €125m (£115m) deal believed by many F1 insiders to have been in place for some time already, 28-year-old Alonso is expected to remain in a Ferrari until the end of his career.

Will be good to see Alonso in a (hopefully) competitive car again. IMHO, Massa has better get some good races early in the next season, cause once Alonso settles in the team, I don't think Massa can beat Alonso in the same car.

Also, will be interesting to see how well McLaren manages two mega stars, again. I think Kimi will settle in pretty quickly into his "old" team and with Ron gone.

Edited by DHC09

• 3 weeks later...

The Toyota Formula 1 team is currently negotiating with Kimi Raikkonen to sign up the Finn as the team's driver for the upcoming Formula 1 season. The team has made no secret of it that it wishes to start the 2010 season with a complete new driver line-up.

Toyota has made an offer to Raikkonen but Raikkonen's manager has already informed the team the Finn wants a better payment. Speaking about the current negotiations Toyota Motorsport president John Howett told Reuters: "We don't play too many games. We put on the table what we can afford and what we think is a serious offer in the current market. I think genuinely we could work well with him, give him a car that's quick.

"We have had very good relationships with Scandinavian drivers in the rallying times that enjoy life and it works very well, so we could cope with it as a team."

Ferrari driver Kimi Raikkonen will be replaced by double world champion Fernando Alonso at Ferrari next season. The Spaniard will race alongside Felipe Massa at the Italian squad.

That is going to be interesting...

I still think there's a low (but not impossible) chance that Raikkonen would be joining Toyota. But it would be a major coup for them to get him, something they should have done ages ago (they should have snapped up Brawn when he was looking for a new place to go after Ferrari).

In other news: Jenson Button the new F1 champion!

And how exciting was the Brazilian GP?! well the first half at least.

Especially Kamui (stepping in for the injured Timo) on his debut spanked the other rookies, embarrassed Fisi on the last few laps, and showed he didn't care who was behind him (championship contenders or not) they weren't going to get past so easily.

Also what a trooper Kimi was, still managed to finish 6th with fuel in his eyes for most of the race.

Edited by DHC09