Formula 1 Chat

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Regarding Nelshino Piquets sacking from Renault: Its got me stuffed how Briatore can be Piquet's manager, but as a team boss stand there and say he is *****. When his job as a manager is to find him another job...

Probably same way that Briatore can be Webber's manager and still not offer him a Renault seat...

I see no problem with what he did - his position as a manager is lower than his position as a team boss, if he kept Picquet there whilst everyone is calling for his head, then there would be a clear case of favouritism and he could possibly lose the team boss position - this way he can "sack" Picquet but have a quiet word to him on the side like "We know you're not going well, now is a good time to get out and maybe find a team that you gel better with and has a better car for you" (in other words, a lesser team where his performance will fit in better as the team/car is crapper)

Webber was actually offered the Renault seat ahead of Alonso's 1st stint with Renault, however at the time Williams were doing better than Renault so Webber chose Williams instead as he thought he would have a better chance of winning. Paul Stoddart (Minardi owner) always said Webber was faster than Alonso in the same car.

random question this, but what was the reason they cancelled the Imola, San Marino race again?

Also, its going to be different next season without the Silverstone round,

but exciting at the same time to see what the track that replaces it will bring, Donnington Park isn't it?

Cheers

To be honest I can't see Donnington bringing anything more to F1 other than more money to Bernie. But I will reserve judgement after seeing the track changes. Bernie was just ****** off because the PDRC bought Silverstone before he could in the 70's.

Working on memory Imola lost the race due to safety reasons. Plus Bernie was trying to make it so countries couldn't hold 2 races a year. Eg. Germany (Hokenheim and Nurbergring) and Italy (Monza and Imola).

Working on memory Imola lost the race due to safety reasons. Plus Bernie was trying to make it so countries couldn't hold 2 races a year. Eg. Germany (Hokenheim and Nurbergring) and Italy (Monza and Imola).

That was the reason for implementing the European Grand Prix and adding San Marino name to Imola, so you wouldn't have the name of one country attached to two different GPs. We currently have 1 country holding 2 races a year now (Spain has both the Spanish and European), so can't see the reasoning there.

The 'European GP' title floats around as Bernie (or FIA) owns the name. I thought that the Valencia track was crappy to watch, might be fun to drive however.

And Webber needing a new donk for this race too. Wonder if Renault themselves are doing any better.

Congratulations to Kimi...watched both qualifying and the race and I must admit kimi stepped up and gave everything he could especially given the "limited" capabilities of his car. :) Was also good to see Ferrari win one race...lol :-D

Came across this from Badoer. I hope he steps up as well even though it will be very unlike to see Ferrari to even compete for a podium place @ Monza. But aye it's their home track so who knows may be they got something better than KERS in their bag. =-)

"From these two Grands Prix I have learnt so much and grown in experience. From my point of view, it would be a shame to change things now." With the F1 circus heading to Ferrari's home race of the season next time out, Luca is confident of performing well in front of the Tifosi.

"Monza, Mugello and Fiorano are the tracks where I have driven for most in my life," he continued. "It would be absurd and I would be very disappointed (to not drive) because I am convinced that, at Monza, I have the feeling needed.

"Going to a track that I could drive with my eyes closed, I am sure that I could get a good result. If I had to set myself a deadline, maybe I would do it for after Monza - I would be the first to say 'Lads, it's not working out'."

What I can't believe is Ferrari just bringing in old drivers, Badoer, Fisi. These drivers are not the way ahead for the team. They are only bringing them in because they are Italian (or near enough). They tested three young drivers at the end of last season, all three of them were faster than Badoer on the Ferrari test track, why not ring one of these fellas up? Probably a damn sight cheaper too. Then again Ferrari have never had a driver development system, they just buy drivers.