Aurion Tyres

watersmj

Hi guys. Owner of new Aurion in Dubai. Need your help. My stock Aurion came with Yokohama dB E70 215/55/R17 tyres. What is really

irritating is the level of road noise these tyres are producing. Even my previous Civic 2007 was much more quieter. Have any of you

guys experienced the same with these tyresor any other tyres with stock aurion? Is this really a tyre problem or are all aurions

terrible in road noise area? If some one can please recommend tyres of size 215/55/R17 which are QUIET, QUIET and QUIET ;) . That

is my highest priority: Quietest in road noise! Looking forward to some tips!

In Australia our Aurion Presara which would be the equal of your Grande has Michelin MXV8 tyres which are a quiet tyre. We dont get the type of Yokohama tyre that is fitted to your Aurion here so it would be impossible to compare. The Aurion does get a bit of road noise particularly from the back wheel wells, but the quality of the roads in Dubai would be far greater then what we drive on over here.

gday-the stock aurion here comes with 16's so is nearly impossible to compare with yours,however our new aurion was very noisy in the wheel department which sort of worried me a bit,but when i checked the pressures i found the problem was over inflation,not sure if was dealer or factory but found the tyres were pumped up to 42 psi instead of the reccomended 30 or so,not sure if this will help you,hope it does anyways.

cheers corey

In Australia our Aurion Presara which would be the equal of your Grande has Michelin MXV8 tyres which are a quiet tyre. We dont get the type of Yokohama tyre that is fitted to your Aurion here so it would be impossible to compare. The Aurion does get a bit of road noise particularly from the back wheel wells, but the quality of the roads in Dubai would be far greater then what we drive on over here.

Thx for the feedbacks. I have checked the pressures and they are fine. The roads are great here (but also death traps due to speeding, which is all too common). I will check out the Michelin MXV8 tyres surely.

I never found road noise to be an issue..infact, erm..i kinda like it...

Same here... but then again, I drive with my windows down 95% of the time.

I never found road noise to be an issue..infact, erm..i kinda like it...

Same here... but then again, I drive with my windows down 95% of the time.

You drive with your windows down in dubai and there will be issues:

1) You will lose a lot of weight due to excessive sweating (some may think that's a good thing, but not when you can get de-hydrated in 5-10 minutes) :blink:

2) You cant drive with windows down since your average speed will be 100k to 130k....REALLY!!!! :spiteful:

As for the guy who likes road noise.....hmmm......different strokes for different folks......

Still gonna look for quiter tyres though! B)

Holy ****, thats epic. Wish Sydney roads were like that!

On a similar note, wouldn't dust be an issue there too? The main reason I don't drive with my windows down is that when I do, there's always a load of dust flying through because a lot of trucks transport all sorts of things where I travel. I might look into a pollen filter or something for that.

On a similar note, wouldn't dust be an issue there too? The main reason I don't drive with my windows down is that when I do, there's always a load of dust flying through because a lot of trucks transport all sorts of things where I travel. I might look into a pollen filter or something for that.

toyota website says "All models come standard with Air Conditioning including a pollen filter." though

toyota website says "All models come standard with Air Conditioning including a pollen filter." though

I usually get a lot of airborne dust everywhere I drive thanks to the roadworks nearby. My pollen filter gets dirty in about 5,000km with the vents set to fresh air 90% of the time. When I drive with the windows down, the car gets a little bit dustier inside and is noticeable on the dash. I clean my car inside and out at least once a week though, so this isn't an issue for me.

I clean it inside to about this standard every week:

dsc03921.jpg

I've even gotten into the habit of cleaning the hinges etc:

dsc03919.th.jpg

Holy ****, thats epic. Wish Sydney roads were like that!

+1 As much as i would like to drive with my windows down, the aftermath of cleaning the interior is too much... so i only do it occasionally and i usually clean the interior once every week or at the most two weeks.. :)

How long does that entire cleaning process take you?

The process goes something like this:

10 minutes to completely vacuum the interior and dust down plastic surfaces

40 minutes to completely wash and dry exterior

20 minutes to wipe down door sills, door jams, hinge areas, boot surrounds, engine bay

10 minutes to clean interior and exterior glass

10 minutes to wipe down all wheels and tire shine

So all up it can take me around 1.5 hours to completely clean my car. It sometimes takes less, sometimes takes more. It all depends on how dirty it gets. The interior doesn't get too dirty, but the door sills get quite dirty.

In the Summer months, my fortnightly waxing adds a good 3 hours to my cleaning process. I love keeping my car clean though. That said, the interior surprisingly stays pretty clean with the windows down. It's not like a dust storm going through the car or anything. It's just habit for me. The moment I start the car, my immediate first thing to do is put the front windows all the way down.

Anyways watersmj, to keep a response to the original question so as to not deviate from the topic much, try looking into tires designed as a touring tire. Those are usually aimed towards comfort which also results in lower road noise.

20 minutes to wipe down door sills, door jams, hinge areas, boot surrounds, engine bay

So all up it can take me around 1.5 hours to completely clean my car. It sometimes takes less, sometimes takes more. It all depends on how dirty it gets. The interior doesn't get too dirty, but the door sills get quite dirty.

In the Summer months, my fortnightly waxing adds a good 3 hours to my cleaning process. I love keeping my car clean though. That said, the interior surprisingly stays pretty clean with the windows down. It's not like a dust storm going through the car or anything. It's just habit for me. The moment I start the car, my immediate first thing to do is put the front windows all the way down.

Anyways watersmj, to keep a response to the original question so as to not deviate from the topic much, try looking into tires designed as a touring tire. Those are usually aimed towards comfort which also results in lower road noise.

Far out DJ... I like my car, but I don't think I could muster up the time or motivation to do something like that every weekend! When you're working 52 hour weeks, even 1.5 hours on a weekend is like precious gold!

When I give mine a clean (approx once every month unfortunately :( ) it seems to just get dirty the very next day - or even the same night (rain etc - I have nowhere under cover to park it), so it gives even less motivation to do that more often *sigh*.

Anyways... back on topic - I've had the Dunlop 300Es on my Aurion Touring for about 26,000km now, and they seem quite decent. Very quiet ride, and decent traction. Maybe they do wear out a little fast, and are perhaps a little bit soft, but usually there is a tradeoff between handling and comfort. I personally prefer comfort, and there is always the passengers to consider too - given Aurion is still a "family" car!

Far out DJ... I like my car, but I don't think I could muster up the time or motivation to do something like that every weekend! When you're working 52 hour weeks, even 1.5 hours on a weekend is like precious gold!

When I give mine a clean (approx once every month unfortunately :( ) it seems to just get dirty the very next day - or even the same night (rain etc - I have nowhere under cover to park it), so it gives even less motivation to do that more often *sigh*.

Anyways... back on topic - I've had the Dunlop 300Es on my Aurion Touring for about 26,000km now, and they seem quite decent. Very quiet ride, and decent traction. Maybe they do wear out a little fast, and are perhaps a little bit soft, but usually there is a tradeoff between handling and comfort. I personally prefer comfort, and there is always the passengers to consider too - given Aurion is still a "family" car!

Holy cow! I would never find the motivation to use my time for cleaning the car like that, keeping in mind that my car is always clean inside anyway. However, when it gets a little dusty, with my cig ash here and there, I just pay around 30AED (that is 9.8 Aussie $, I dont know if that is considered expensive or cheap down under) for a complete outside and interior cleaning job. There are car washes in almost every gas station here and I have never seen anyone washing their cars themselves in Dxb, probably because the heat is unbearable. Thanks for the tips on the tyres by all you guys. I have noted all the makes and types and will do some research on which one to go for. Cheers.

I gave up cleaning my car to be honest, I do it about once a month now. It was too painful to see the car dirty again the next day when I had to go visit a concrete site or even at the office where I parked in an open air car park that had a brick plant up wind of it.

Even now I've changed jobs the car just gets too dirty too quick and on top of that, the paint job completely depresses me while I'm washing it with the swirl marks I inherited from the previous owner. :(

I've also given up washing mine, though the inside gets a fair care regime...vacuuming, wiping over etc.

Time, water restrictions, swirls and dust mean an external wash is an infrequent occurrence. Maybe after the spring threat of rain...

Back to the subject of tyres, The standard Dunlop 300E sports on the aurion are apparently a good tyre (215/60/16) however i had the unfortunate incident of a truck pulling out in front of me when they where only 2500k's old and having driven manuals for the last 15 years of course my instincts took over and i went for yup you guessed it clutch and brake at same time to brake hard and hit the "footbrake" and flat spotted the back tyres. I have replaced them with kumho's and put them on the front have to say definitley a quieter grippier tyre all round for only 15 bucks more each than the dunlops.

Note to self... Car is auto dont go for clutch next time.

I have replaced them with kumho's and put them on the front have to say definitley a quieter grippier tyre all round for only 15 bucks more each than the dunlops.

which Kumho did you pick?

$15 more, so how much was the Dunlop?

The fiance has the car today but off the top of my head i dont know the name they where $150 each for 215/60/16's and the dunlops where on special for 134 i got the kumho's for 150 each including disposal of old tyres. Apparently whilst the dunlops are a good tyre they are a relativley soft compound tyre hence the grip but the trade off is if you push your car a bit they have wear issues.