Evo's 1zz

Evo7

if she runs close to a 15.1, then the Dyno power figures are wrong.

if im running a 16 or even 17 LOL :lol:

then the dyno is on the money...

if i can get a good time, i will be re-dynoing her, and get it done the RIGHT WAY!!!

Not necessarily. Remember Evan (and everyone else), this is your first time at the drags. Though possible, you aren't expected to pull your best time straight up.

True, so i can only hope :P

Evo

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just post up the figure....whats it really matter.....who cares if its putting out 80kw....once you get it to where you want it with some time...cash....tune and aftermarket ecu etc it will be great .......i vote you let us know how it went

just post up the figure....whats it really matter.....who cares if its putting out 80kw....once you get it to where you want it with some time...cash....tune and aftermarket ecu etc it will be great .......i vote you let us know how it went

put simply it wasn't something i would like to post up

Evo

gay as aids mate.....gay as aids.....no one is going to laugh or flame you at all.....ppl know you already have the balls as you have gone ahead with such a task......but each to their own i guess....IMO share the results and let the constructive criticism flow through and have some informative convos, plus then in time when its running great you can show what it did come from....

BTW what makes you think the dyno is out.....just the reading it gave or the whole dyno experience was dodgy ?..

gay as aids mate.....gay as aids.....no one is going to laugh or flame you at all.....ppl know you already have the balls as you have gone ahead with such a task......but each to their own i guess....IMO share the results and let the constructive criticism flow through and have some informative convos, plus then in time when its running great you can show what it did come from....

BTW what makes you think the dyno is out.....just the reading it gave or the whole dyno experience was dodgy ?..

a few factors:

another 1zz owner told me that with CAI and Sportivo Exhaust, it made roughly 88-92kw atw or something like that.

Also, it should 'theoretically' be putting out MORE power then a stock 1zz.

Another factor is the dyno sheet - it was done by the speed the car is travelling, instead of what revs/min the car is doing...

I'm not sure if this matters though...

Air/Fuel ratios are stable, once on boost, its running just slightly rich... boost pressure builds up to 6psi and peaks at 8psi

ummm... not much more i can say, other then its going down the 1/4 mile :spiteful:

Evo

a few factors:

another 1zz owner told me that with CAI and Sportivo Exhaust, it made roughly 88-92kw atw or something like that.

Another factor is the dyno sheet - it was done by the speed the car is travelling, instead of what revs/min the car is doing...

Air/Fuel ratios are stable, once on boost, its running just slightly rich... boost pressure builds up to 6psi and peaks at 8psi

ummm... not much more i can say, other then its going down the 1/4 mile :spiteful:

Evo

The lower axis being represented as speed doesn't matter at all. The axis is only shown as RPM if the operator has the time to calibrate the dyno to your car. It doesn't effect power reading in any way.

If your knock sensor is working overtime, I'd actually expect a result in the 70's.

a few factors:

Evo

If it's any consolation, my Paseo makes about 80fwhp :P My AW11 is aiming for about 3x that, that's gotta count for something though, right?

Mad props for actually going through with this, don't give a damn about what anybody else says. This was YOUR project, you've finished it and you have good results. Mission accomplished!

Hmmm, have you removed the stock intake snorkel and made sure the VSV valve on the rear of the airbox is opening? I wonder if positive pressure keeps the VSV shut, reducing your performance. Anyhow, if your VSV isn't opening, and your running through the tiny little opening in the snorkel, that will kill your power too.

Gav.

Hmmm, have you removed the stock intake snorkel and made sure the VSV valve on the rear of the airbox is opening? I wonder if positive pressure keeps the VSV shut, reducing your performance. Anyhow, if your VSV isn't opening, and your running through the tiny little opening in the snorkel, that will kill your power too.

Gav.

Hey Gav,

she is running without the snorkel, and a cold air feed pipe leading up to the opening on the box...

i think i may replace the box with a proper CAI...

Only time will tell, and tomorrow i can find out how she goes :D

Target set: 90mph at the ETA

Evo

mate the main thing is... your AFR's are all sweet... getting a little richer higher up the RPM is prolly a good thing keeping you safe.

good luck at the strip and as everyone has said... dont let your first attempt be the be all and end all of your results.

If it was me, I'd make a bookign with another dyno straight away.

it would be very interesting to see the timing graphed against the dyno run, to see if the ECU is indeed detecting knock and pulling heaps of timing...

oh well, even if you get a piggyback (emanage ftw) or standalone ecu you do have the potential to make alot more HP...

that said, i still think the dyno was way off.

edit: i reckon ill be scared to post my dyno figures too :o

i dont know why you would be scared about posting your dyno figures.....who cares you guys have gone out there and done something different.....my hat goes off to you both, i know both cars will be exactly where you want them and performing awesome in the next 6 months......look forward to the progress reports.

i dont know why you would be scared about posting your dyno figures.....who cares you guys have gone out there and done something different.....my hat goes off to you both, i know both cars will be exactly where you want them and performing awesome in the next 6 months......look forward to the progress reports.

Well, i will find out how i go today, and then decide to post the figures or not...

Just planning my trip out there now :P

TO THE DRAGS!!! XD

Evo

Well, i will find out how i go today, and then decide to post the figures or not...

Just planning my trip out there now :P

TO THE DRAGS!!! XD

Evo

Gd Luck Evans at the drags..

When are you guys going? i might come along? i need to send my car down the 1/4 too :) maybe?

Evan, don't worry about showing or not showing the dyno chart too much. Good or bad, you've gone the effort and having the guts of actually doing something. As for everyone else that bag you for not showing it or showing a chart with poort figures can shove it, coz what would they know??

When are you guys going? i might come along? i need to send my car down the 1/4 too :) maybe?

Evan, don't worry about showing or not showing the dyno chart too much. Good or bad, you've gone the effort and having the guts of actually doing something. As for everyone else that bag you for not showing it or showing a chart with poort figures can shove it, coz what would they know??

Thanks Pippy :D

um... i think that perhaps the Dyno may actually be right, and that cha54 is right too...

there is a good chance that all the timing would have been thrown out... so now i may look into getting an Apexi Power FC or even a Vipec.

Yes, drags got cancelled... and i shall tell you what the results were on the Dyno... most likely due to timing being out... :unsure:

Max Power output was 78.9 kw atw.

but despite this figure, the car is a whole lot quicker with boost XD

to get my power back up there near the 100kw atw, either a piggyback will be looked into, or a full replacement and tunable ECU and bigger Injectors.

Also to add a CAI will bring some power gains back up :P

Evo

Pippy....what you wrote above is exactly what i basically wrote in my posts....i guess you could say i was one of the ones telling him to post up the figures but if you had read my posts you could also see that i congratulated him many times and pointed out that we all respect he has the guts to do the install and that i guarantee within a few months the car will be where he wants it......

Evan.....sounds good with what you have planned....bit of extra cost i guess but will be worth it when it gets to where you want it

Pippy....what you wrote above is exactly what i basically wrote in my posts....i guess you could say i was one of the ones telling him to post up the figures but if you had read my posts you could also see that i congratulated him many times and pointed out that we all respect he has the guts to do the install and that i guarantee within a few months the car will be where he wants it......

Evan.....sounds good with what you have planned....bit of extra cost i guess but will be worth it when it gets to where you want it

Thanks Simon...

I guess i was just disappointed with the results... even though the dyno shows max output of 78.9kw atw, which is less then stock, due to boost it brings the torque curve much higher, and acceleration is a lot quicker... its just Peak power output that has suffered... :unsure:

the modding game for me is on hold for now... but will start up again when i can get the CAI :P

Evo