OEM fog lights

Just a question, if you have OEM fog lights on your car, is it legal to drive with them on? or is it still "in extreme weather only"

I'm in WA as well if that affects the law...

From my understanding.. u cannot drive with ur fog lights on if u have ur headlights on.. its EITHER foggies or headlights..

U can only drive with them BOTH on when the weather is bad or when u r driving through housing areas

from the Queensland transport "all about modifications to motor vehicles" booklet.

"A pair of fog lights, showing a beam of white or yellow

light, may be fitted to the front of a motor vehicle with

the centres no higher than the top of the dipped beam

headlight. The lights must be mounted symmetrically not

less than 600mm apart."

"Fog lights must be capable of being switched on and off

independently of any headlights but must only be able

to be switched on when the parking lights are on. Fog

lights must not be used except in fog or mist or under

other atmospheric conditions which restrict visibility."

thats Queensland anyway....

regardless of whether the foggies are oem or aftermarket, they still fall under the same law. thus, it doesnt make a difference.

From my understanding.. u cannot drive with ur fog lights on if u have ur headlights on.. its EITHER foggies or headlights..

U can only drive with them BOTH on when the weather is bad or when u r driving through housing areas

incorrect. you cannot have your foggies on at all (regardless of any other lighting combination) unless the weather calls for it. but whether or not you get busted for it is at the discretion of the cop or rta officer you get spotted by.

incorrect. you cannot have your foggies on at all (regardless of any other lighting combination) unless the weather calls for it. but whether or not you get busted for it is at the discretion of the cop or rta officer you get spotted by.

Correct and correct. Despite the law, if the sun is setting and I can make it home before needing my headlights, I drive around with just my parkers and fog lights on (so other road users can see my car on the road). I do this quite often and have passed many cops and haven't been pulled over for it yet. Doesn't make it any more legal... just shows that they aren't always that picky.

yeah, i always have the ones on the yaris on, cops don't really seem to care.

with the celica though, i will probably get booked for it... haha

haha, word! the st184 foggies are like flood lights

yeah, i always have the ones on the yaris on, cops don't really seem to care.

with the celica though, i will probably get booked for it... haha

haha, word! the st184 foggies are like flood lights

i gots the yellow 185 ones in mine... but im more worried about the cops looking for excuses to book me.

• 2 weeks later...

i got some mini spoties on my car, their smaller than fog or driving lights but they are a hell of a lot brighter!

i drive with em on almost all the time, and never gotten pulled for them yet. but yea as long as its wired to a switch u should be alright!

• 2 weeks later...
Just a question, if you have OEM fog lights on your car, is it legal to drive with them on? or is it still "in extreme weather only"

I'm in WA as well if that affects the law...

Well, if the cops on the northside of Brissie are any guide, there's no problem ... the local cops have the driving lights on their Aurions on all the time.