non raspy mufflers.....

ive been thinking for a non raspy muffler for my stivo.

ive read through some of the old posts but im wondering if anyone has recently bought and attached a new muffler that they would tell me about.

i really hate that raspy noise so if anyone has a suggestion, could you please let me know.

ive checked out some xforce twin loops but the only one i heard it made a raspy noise up top rpm

ive read through some of the old posts but im wondering if anyone has recently bought and attached a new muffler that they would tell me about.

i really hate that raspy noise so if anyone has a suggestion, could you please let me know.

ive checked out some xforce twin loops but the only one i heard it made a raspy noise up top rpm

A quality oval muffler should do the trick ;)

Try a Magnaflow or Tanabe Hyper Medallion. You can also check Youtube for some sound clips of varoius mufflers on the Celica GTS and Matrix XRS which have the same engine.

Edited by kevman77

upgrade your resonator too... raspyness can come from there... especially if you upgrade your muffler and dont touch yuor resonator.

Xforce make a nice big oval twintip which flows very well and has a great note, MP02 i think .... or you coulod upgrade to a varex...

i ran a VE Commodore Resonator in my setup... was nice and big, and long, baffled, and there was no raspy sounds at all... gave a great note.

hmm my twin isnt raspy at all during the rev range.

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

lol.. you drive a totally diff car to whats being talked about here william.

true, just sayin. and i agree with andy on the resonator thing.

You gotta admit, that looks pretty ridiculous. Cant you put the muffler further back under the car and just run some pipe to the end with a decent tip?

The corolla exhaust setup isn't the same as the celica's one where the muffler sits more inwards. I don't think there's space for it.

But I like the way it looks :D What I think would be ridiculous is if there was a cannon hanging off my rear end (no offence to those with one)

You gotta admit, that looks pretty ridiculous. Cant you put the muffler further back under the car and just run some pipe to the end with a decent tip?

The corolla exhaust setup isn't the same as the celica's one where the muffler sits more inwards. I don't think there's space for it.

But I like the way it looks :D What I think would be ridiculous is if there was a cannon hanging off my rear end (no offence to those with one)

Agree with the cannon thing. They look a bit silly if there isn't room for them to sit flush.

I would of thought your stock muffler would be similar to ours, huge and mounted back a and up a bit into a recessed area. You could fit a muffler at and angle or sideways in there if it is.

A lot of axle backs for the celica are like that.

See: http://partscatalog.newcelica.org/page.php...tegory=exhausts

As has been said, if you put a good sized muffler on there (I will ALWAYS go for straight through mufflers and large bodies) and it's still a bit raspy, put a bigger resonator on there. On some cars (Civics, Lancers, etc) we will normally run two 12" dogs just to take some of the rasp out of it note.

run a center magnaflow barrel muffler instead of a resonator, the barrel mufflers are a lot more effective at getting rid of any rasp.

eg:

project55.jpg

Edited by CHA54

Agree with the cannon thing. They look a bit silly if there isn't room for them to sit flush.

I would of thought your stock muffler would be similar to ours, huge and mounted back a and up a bit into a recessed area. You could fit a muffler at and angle or sideways in there if it is.

A lot of axle backs for the celica are like that.

See: http://partscatalog.newcelica.org/page.php...tegory=exhausts

Yeah I know how the celica one is set up. But the corolla muffler is put at the end. You might be thinking of the RunX exhuast which exits on the left hand side of the car. That has a similar set up to the celicas..