EATON M62 SUPERCHARGER

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.toyotaparts4u.com/e_catalog/par...SID=2003&ZID=45

The new 1.8L Supercharger offers up to a 35% increase in power and torque and an additional 7.5 lbs of boost. The bolt-on unit is integrally cast and is equipped with new efficiency and performance enhancing features, such as a race-inspired supplemental injector for enhanced full throttle performance and an internal bypass circuit for fuel efficiency and smoother operation at low speeds. Peak torque is 145 lb.-ft. supercharged @ 4000 RPM vs. 125 lb.-ft. stock at 4200 RPM. Peak horsepower is 166 HP supercharged @ 6800 RPM vs. 130 HP @ 6000 RPM. As with TRD's 4.7L V8 Supercharger, this unit also features the new exclusive TRD Engine Management System engineered to provide peak engine performance

HEy guys after talking with people and researching i think i have come up with a list of what i need.

500cc Injectors x 4

Rotrex Supercharger

Apexi Power FC

New high Flow fuel pump

Intercooler (I have already bought one)

and the required fittings etc.

What im aiming for is 5 pounds of boost with a nice responsive torque curve.

What do you boys think... also were can you get the apexi to suit our cars?

500cc Injectors :o That's pretty big to my knowledge, wouldn't something under 300cc do the job? I could be wrong.

By the way been doing some research myself on the TRD 1zz-fe supercharger.

It is an Eaton unit generating 7.5lbs.

The fifth injector activates at high rpm's to firstly give an intercooling effect and secondly to ensure the engine doesn't lean out at high rpms.

It does also have an integrated by-pass circuit so that the unit actually disengages at low rpm's ensuring that fuel efficiency isn't overly compromised.

I'm still having trouble finding info on if it actually does now come with its own ECU or not.

Had a look at the injectors

APS use 425cc injectors in their XR6 turbos up to 320kw outputs and use 510cc injectors for outputs of 320kw - 390kw.

So I still believe that an injector of 300cc or less would suffice unless you're actually chasing an output of 400kw.

IZZ-FE.

TRD unit does come with the ECU. Still it's possible to buy the blower alone.

Pecker,

Stock 2zz-ge injectors are good up to 300 hp, so i don't think you need new ones, unless you're planning to rebuild your engine.

Also, the unichip or smt6 or e-manage would be sufficient, if you;re not planning to lower the lift.

Will you need to decompress the engine?

There's no info I could find on whether or not Lotus do this for the Exige 240R, nor on what boost they run.

You could always try talking to Eaton for these answers.

that was an interesting read.... why bother supercharging though when you save a little more can be spent on turbo? and although more $$$ and work you can play with the boost!

my mate just finished his ae92 rolla seca sx - candy midnight purple sitting in SubZero Labrador - Gold Coast. running 3sgte (4age sittin at home waiting for a ae86 shell and 4agze conversion :D ) his output is 300kwFw yeh i'm not joking, too bad he hasn't done anything about suspension., last time we test drove it the exhaust kept licking the bitumen everytime we'd launch with 25psi NASTY~~ although he has a race switch which plugs 30psi. with 30k+ spent it was worth it i think. and very different.

danz - i thought 1zze rev out at 6200rpm? or just before it... i'm sure it goes past the 6000 mark..

hehe and also never race a civic hatch with the teggy motor in it.......... MUNCH!

1st gr..... teggy goes about 40m ahead... not a good look.

Supercharging is more desirable for the 2zz-ge because of the torque characteristics it will give it.

Supercharging will give the 2zz-ge the low to mid range torque that it lacks which will not only help make it quicker but also a much nicer car to live with day to day ( Don't drop down a gear, just put the foot down! ).

Turbocharging will also boost torque and power, but it will still be high up in the rev range.

I know which I'd rather.

that's a fair response, everyone is different i suppose. but if you were after fuel economy and easy driving may as well buy a Getz :P

as for turbo in cars, performance wise its 100% better than s/c from my point of view, power/torque is not an issue when you take into consideration when doing either you can get all sorts of ECU upgrades or even a computer management that you can tune to liking.

all in all its preferance.