side airbags on a zze-122

um then why do i have airbag warning stickers on the inside of the front doors and stickers on the seats saying srs side airbags not to mention i saw the airbag wire harness that connects to the floor

cmon guys levins have double the airbags u should know that by now.

this is my second levin now... after i found out how to deploy the airbags in the first one by hitting a wall on the front left corner

Edited by lylee

um then why do i have airbag warning stickers on the inside of the front doors and stickers on the seats saying srs side airbags not to mention i saw the airbag wire harness that connects to the floor

cmon guys levins have double the airbags u should know that by now.

this is my second levin now... after i found out how to deploy the airbags in the first one by hitting a wall on the front left corner

I was always under the impression that the lower range ZZE's have only a driver front airbag whereas the upper range had bouble that by adding a passenger front airbag.

You will always have yellow wiring to your seats in any airbag equipped car regardless of side airbags or not because the airbag control module needs to know whether there is someone in the seat and what position it is in so that it can adjust the airbag accordingly.

hi guys.. im pretty sure for the corolla range, the conquest has side airbags.

im not too sure on the levin but the ascent definately has no side airbag.

this is my 2c worth anyway.

cheers

lol funny story at work todayabout airbags.

a customer managed to sett off 3 airbags within 15m of the driveway out of my work

brand new mk6 golf 6 TDI hit a merc ml ran up a gutter hit a pole and drove into a brick wall. the car is a writeoff from it

damage to almost every panel except rear left door. 3 airbags went off in the process so yeah exciting. the driver went to hospital with leg injuries of some kind not to sure ho bad though

but my plan was to buy a wrecked sportivo, swap the gearbox when i take out the engine for the build, interior over into my levin after everything else is done but... i contacted the rta and im not allowed to remove airbags of anykind that were factory fitted unless engineered by an approved rta place so big paain. i argued to him that only 1 version had side airbags and the rest didnt so it does not affect safety in any way to making it below what toyota designed it to have but he repeated himself saying enginnered this laws and beaurcratic mumbo jumbo so im looking into a retrim with less side flex for better cornering :P

Buy bucket seats :D ! :toast:

cant really im gonna try and get away with toyota corolla seats that werer desgned form my car..ish but nah im not really allowed to remove aibag seats

hi guys.. im pretty sure for the corolla range, the conquest has side airbags.

im not too sure on the levin but the ascent definately has no side airbag.

this is my 2c worth anyway.

cheers

the conquest doesnt come with side airbags unless its an option?

Buy bucket seats :D ! :toast:

full bucket seats are the worse thing you can do to a road car, not being able to see blind spots and crushed kidneys gets real annoying

• 2 weeks later...
The Levin has the side air bags built into the seat but you can use this if you going to change your seat.

huhboh.jpg

I think it was arounf $20 from Castle Hill Toyota

This was an interesting little thing. Anybody know if this plug will do the trick on Sportivo/Corolla T-Sport?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

SOOOOO you're telling me... that I HAVE to just deal with looking at the stains the previous owner left on my levin's seats just cos of these bloody side airbags?
pretty damn unfair I wanted to put some throw over seat covers on mine :(