cruzers ae82

cruzer

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so when i get some moneys i am going to go to jay car and buy some tweeters and door speakers but i also have to make/find a parcel shelf for my car because every single hatch i got for parts never had a parcel shelf which is really really annoying

• 3 weeks later...

well today i replaced the front left sway arm because my old one was bent no longer pulls to the left wooooooooooooo

then replaced the fuse for the dash and parker lights as the old one blew

put the exhaust holder back up as it slipped out and finally fixed the revs so now it revs at 900 instead of 2000

also replaced the flange gaskets.

one other thing i fixed the damge caused by my dad when he reversed into it i will upload pics tomorrow :) of the damage and how it looks after

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Top work, well done, that car is a credit to all that have worked on it, and an inspiration for me to get stuck into my AE92! :clap:

one other thing should i put a pod filter on or not

I had one on my 4AGE, gave it a bit more of the induction sound and seemed to free up a few more killerwasps, but I went back to standard (for now) to avoid any possible trouble with the boys in blue. I'll instead be making up a CAI. If you've got a pod laying around or can get one cheap, then try it out, see what you think, it's not hard to switch between one and the standard setup, but keep in mind that AKAIK it's illegal to have an exposed oiled pod filter in the engine bay (fire hazard so they say), so if you want to keep it then make sure it's not exposed. Or you could do what I'm planning and go for a K&N panel with a CAI leading to it. My plan is to try that on the dyno, then switch to the pod and see if there is any difference.

also was wondering should i get tint

Yes, YES YES!!!

Tint would look awesome on that car! Do iiiiitttt! You will not regret it! Here's a quick, rough photoshop, which I probably made a little too dark, but seems about the same as the tint I have on my AE92...

post-21132-128693446304_thumb.jpg

Edited by TroysRollaSX

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well a minor update got a stereo finally! no more boring drives. Also had a few problems with petrol and the way she was running so my dad and i drained her filled her back up with new petrol and fixed the timing and now she runs better then she use to, so much fun :D

Car looks boss man i love it!

when urs is done i think i might do a trip to melbourne :P

If you do that, let us all know, I'd be keen to check out both his ride and yours! B)

Well a minor update got a stereo finally! no more boring drives. Also had a few problems with petrol and the way she was running so my dad and i drained her filled her back up with new petrol and fixed the timing and now she runs better then she use to, so much fun :D

Cool, what stereo sis you out in? Good work on fixing the problems, well done!

• 3 months later...

Car looks boss man i love it!

when urs is done i think i might do a trip to melbourne :P

If you do that, let us all know, I'd be keen to check out both his ride and yours! B)

Cool, what stereo sis you out in? Good work on fixing the problems, well done!

Well i got this jvc headunit

2993_2lo.jpg

with 1 sony explod speaker in each door.

Minor updates:

so i have got a broken cv shaft :/ and am having difficulty finding a new one so i may have to "borrow" :P the one out of dads race car. Car is in desperate need of a wash which i will do some time this week and take pics

Great build mate :D Will be watching this thread closely now as I also have an AE82, so it'll be interesting to see which road you take laugh.gif If anything will, this thread may even influence me to start modding my AE82

Hey mate, nice looking 82! i actually saw you in traffic on Friday the 11th Feb around lunch time in the city. I saw driving a black Territory with personalized vic number plates that read 'TRATRE'. Anyhow, car looks and sounds really nice! well done. Give me more motivation to fix mine up and get it back on the road :D

Cheers

Ben