Recommendations for Service Centre in Brisbane

Kesawi

Any recommendations on good places to have a Kluger serviced in Brisbane? I'm a bit fed up with the dealer service where I purchased the car and want to look elsewhere. Preference is for Southside in the Mooroka area or Northside near Eagle Farm/Hamilton.

Also, is there any particular Toyota dealer which is better for warranty claims than another? I'm having trouble with my original dealer.

Have had my car serviced @ Southside Toyota in Wolloongabba and they are alright, but with all dealerships; expensive. I just use ultra tune.

If I was to recommend a dealer, I would have to say Southside at Wooloongabba as well. After having a bad experience at Sci-Fleet Taringa, Southside has taken care of my Toyota nicely.

kesawi

service manager at 4x4 more at moorooka is good friend of mine. i can't speak for all his apprentices, but he'll keep an eye on it otherwise i'll give him hell.

you can pm me for details.

i always found southside toyota exxy, but you pay for the convenience.

whitestivo

i always found southside toyota exxy, but you pay for the convenience.

Sure thing. I must admit, I am happy about their availability. When I called other service centres, they said they will need to book it in at a time at least 1 week later. I called Southside and they said I can take it in first thing in the morning. On one occasion, I called at 10am and they said if I drop it off any time after 4pm, I can get it serviced before they close at midnight. I dropped it in at 4pm and it was ready for me to head to a meet at 7pm.

How can they be pricy as it has fixed priced servicing up until certain number of k's?? Do you guys get this up there?

Those that mentioned service being pricey may not have the Service Advantage (first 4 services up to 60,000km for $120).

Southside Toyota quoted me 80k km service for my Yaris -----> $600 mega bucks!

Damn, my last 2 major services there have cost me around $200 with me providing my own oil and turning down their wheel alignment.

Well 80k km service is supposedly a 'major' service for the Yaris which quote from the 'Service Schedule'

- donk oil & filter

- air filter

- fuel filter & in tank filter

- spark plugs

- bleed brake fluids

(can anyone tell me why engine or alternator belt replacement is not listed in this major or any major service in the booklet?)

When I used to work @ Southport I took my car over to Hinterland Toyota for her 40k km service which emptied $400 mega bucks off my bank account...

I've been using 4x4 More but have had a few small dramas with them the last two times my car has been in. Nothing major, just work not finished off properly, such as panels left in foot well or trim not pushed home. Also had some wheel alignments done at the same time, and tires are still showing unven wear to one edge. Makes me wonder about the overall quality of their work.

I did give Ultratune a call but their pricing is higher than what I can obtained through the Toyota fixed price service.

Is it worthwhile getting the wheel alignment done elsewhere at a tyre centre?

Edited by Kesawi

• 3 weeks later...

Big thanks to Whitestivo for putting me on to the right person at 4x4more moorooka. Servicing went like a dream this time round and they replaced some items under warranty, which the previous person I'd been dealing with there had been giving me the run around.

:toast:

how much did it set you back and wat km service was it? thanks!

$150 for a 20,000km/12 month service under the Toyota Service Advantage scheme which is fixed price plus $65 for the wheel alignment. From memory I was told it is normally around $290 for the service alone. I supplied my own oil but they didn't offer a discount to the price as it was already heavily discounted.

Well 80k km service is supposedly a 'major' service for the Yaris which quote from the 'Service Schedule'

- donk oil & filter

- air filter

- fuel filter & in tank filter

- spark plugs

- bleed brake fluids

(can anyone tell me why engine or alternator belt replacement is not listed in this major or any major service in the booklet?)

When I used to work @ Southport I took my car over to Hinterland Toyota for her 40k km service which emptied $400 mega bucks off my bank account...

wow **** that, i think i will just service my yaris myself... there would only be 100$ worth of parts in that.. at the most.

well i normally do the engine oil and filter change myself, air filter is ***** easy...

only PITA change would be spark plugs, brake fluids & fuel and in tank filter which most probably need the car to be jack up and my home does not have level ground so makes it just that much more dangerous...

anyway when do you change the alternator/ engine belt? its not specified in the service manual...?!

well i normally do the engine oil and filter change myself, air filter is ***** easy...

only PITA change would be spark plugs, brake fluids & fuel and in tank filter which most probably need the car to be jack up and my home does not have level ground so makes it just that much more dangerous...

anyway when do you change the alternator/ engine belt? its not specified in the service manual...?!

i would just check it every service, when it starts to get slack, change it.