car exhaust is to loud going to get defected what should i do

hey everybody got a 2.5inch catback and a cannon put on my car and its to loud i mean reali loud and im going to get defected what should i do what exhaust should i get or cannon dont have a clue. i went and talked to tuffy 2day and they said that they can fit a standard muffler with a tip and a decent size resonator or they can put a second muffler on the car but they said they will see what they can do have it booked in for next monday just have to watch for the pigs lol.

sean

ok my dad paid put the catback on and he bought me the cannon as a prez for my bday but i have sorted out the problem for now the guys at midas have made it alot quieter i had to ditch the cannon and they fitted there own muffler with a nice chrome tip it still makes the same noise but just alot quieter. thats the good point the bad point is that they broke my billet window winder and when i confronted them they wouldnt replace it cause they said i didnt have prof that they broke it so im not going through them anymore.

sean

ok my dad paid put the catback on and he bought me the cannon as a prez for my bday but i have sorted out the problem for now the guys at midas have made it alot quieter i had to ditch the cannon and they fitted there own muffler with a nice chrome tip it still makes the same noise but just alot quieter. thats the good point the bad point is that they broke my billet window winder and when i confronted them they wouldnt replace it cause they said i didnt have prof that they broke it so im not going through them anymore.

sean

Why would you go to a as-far-as-I'm-aware-almost-bankrupt 'mechanics' (I use that term very, VERY lightly) instead of your regular old exhaust shop?

sean

Why would you go to a as-far-as-I'm-aware-almost-bankrupt 'mechanics' (I use that term very, VERY lightly) instead of your regular old exhaust shop?

ah tuffy and midas are my regular exhaust shop

regular?

How many exhausts are you going through exactly?

lol 2 so far and after i get off my p's then it will be 3 i will have gone through cause im getting custom y pipes and the full exhaust done

i mean there the ones that my dad goes to and my sister and now me

sean

Standard Sportivo exhaust was 90.6dB so I'm sure yours will be over the limit...

You can either change it back to stock, install a Varex rear muffler or run the risk of being caught...

thats what im looking into at the moment that remote varex muffler

sean

the varex sounds like a good idea but how can u drive with the butterfly thingy closed couldnt that cause damage

The Varex which has been discussed here before with much argument, has a bypass passage for exhaust gases to go through when the butterfly is closed. This mean that no extra back-pressure (when compared with stock) should be placed on the engine. Now, this is debatable as to whether the passage is large enough to make it similar to stock or worse.

All I can say is that I put mine on with confidence because I have a dual exhaust which shares the load.

What you need is talk to a person with a VAREX that is not dual exhaust lol...

I could help you with that...

Almost 9 months of driving with Varex muffler... what can i say, its damn good... even when silent, you could revv high without worrying of anything going wrong... I have video that you could see how much sound difference it makes with closed valve and open valve.. all you need to know is, Varex can be installed on a 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder engine without worries...

Once you put them on V8 is when it starts causing problem so you will be fine with installing Varex.. sample video:

reminder its running on cat and stock exhaust and extractor..

This is with straight pipe, no cat... but no video showing varex on silent.. but it sounds the same as my previous video... STILL SILENT as

Almost 9 months of driving with Varex muffler... what can i say, its damn good... even when silent, you could revv high without worrying of anything going wrong... I have video that you could see how much sound difference it makes with closed valve and open valve.. all you need to know is, Varex can be installed on a 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder engine without worries...

Once you put them on V8 is when it starts causing problem so you will be fine with installing Varex.. sample video:

This is with straight pipe, no cat... but no video showing varex on silent.. but it sounds the same as my previous video... STILL SILENT as

man your car sounds sick does anybody know how much the varex is?

sean

man your car sounds sick does anybody know how much the varex is?

sean

www.bestmufflers.com.au

i paid $395 Inc Freight to Melbourne for mine... then another 70 odd for fitting... i did the wiring myself

definently worth it....BKS and i ordered them together and fitment etc...like he said wiring is easy as pie.....mines still going strong, i open and close it afew times a day......off in estate, sometimes on way to work...open when see a p plater come flying up behind and open in underground work carpark to make some nice noise :)