Cost of 10K service

xoom

Hi Guys,

My s'tivo is fast approaching 10K and as such will be booking in for a service. But so i dont get taken for the biggest ride how much was the service ? also did u guys get all that other stuff changed i.e. synthetic oil, filter etc etc. So if you could let me know what you got done and how much it cost you guys all up that would be great :D

Oh and on a side not i have one of the big boys from toyota technical looking at my car again :angry: . I've actually given up on getting a resolution to the problems which is why i was going to put my exhaust on this weekend but they wanna c it so ill hold off till they do. This time though the appointment has been instigated by them. Will let you know how it goes.

Blade Hunter..check the Service book for the list of jobs to be done on that particular service, if the Injector service is not there, as recommended by Toyota they shouldn't have done it .

$50 gets you nothing at a Dealer..sounds like they just slapped a bottle of Wynns "petrol conditioner" in your tank, like the Berwick dealer did to my mate..he was spewin, they polluted a full tank of Optimax with it, there's no justification to it just a quick grab for cash, added 10% to his bill.

If U pay the big bucks for the gen Toyota Service at the dealer U should ONLY get genuine toyota parts and products used.. end of story.

Who was the dealer U used..??

Thought for the day....too many "don't know" housewives, and "couldn't care less" reps with company cars have allowed this attitude by dealers to develop and so they just treat us the same....like we're know nothing dickheads.

Thats why im not going there!!! I dont trust them at all!!!

I asked them how much for the 5k Service, they said $110. I got it done for half that with the genuine parts from them. Oil and oil filter and washer cost approx $45

OKAY, i just got back from Phil Gilbert Lidcombe for my 10,000k service (10,580 on da clock).

Cost = $218.50

That includes, Oil, Oil filter, Wheel Balance and Rotation, fuel system cleaner, hand brake adjustment, saftey check and those bloody labour cost!!! :unsure:

Not too bad I guess. But the car feels refresh :lol:

$220 with Mobile One synthetic, $162.50 without. Excuse my ignorance but how can a scheduled service for our cars vary so much in price dealer to dealer, and some of the stuff you guys had done (tyre rotation, injector cleaner etc..) i did not receive :unsure: Did you request that these be carried out?

lawrence: definately agree with you. Every 5,000km service (depending on finance) or 10,000km i get my tyres Balanced, Rotated and Aligned. You won't believe how much longer the tyres last when you do this...

It does cost me a little bit to do though...but..hey...i love the car that much :D

I work for Toyota and the injection flush is really not needed on a 10k...

It's just fuel and cleaning additives that's hooked up to the fuel line off the top of the fuel filter and run the car until the can is empty... We charge something like $90 per service... It's not Toyota that sells it, it's another company that has reps at dealers that ring all the customers and bull**** to the customers that "Your service advisor has requested that you have the flush done" and stuff like that...

There is no need to get it on a service at all...

When the car has a lot more kms on the clock, and you can feel that the injectors are clogged, then try a flush... If they are still clogged, then take them out and get them professionally cleaned in an injector cleaning machine...

And back to the topic, the only parts needed for a 10,000km service on a Rolla is an oil filter and the sump plug washer...

Cheers Rolla Boy, yer honesty an openness is very much appreciated. I served my apprenticeship with Renault in the UK, an Wynns over there tempt Dealers so hard with commissions an incentives etc you've really got to wonder...

I know you've got to use the Dealers Servicing for trouble free access to warranty issues but Toyota themselves should stop the dealers from using anything non-Toyota on the services..

The Berwick dealers got my mates $20.00 for Wynns "Engine oil flush" and "petrol Conditioner" but has lost his business for good.

He used to travel all the way from Melbourne for servicing , because the sevice manager Jason was meant to be the "Highest qualified Toyota Technician" in Australia...not any more !!!

If U cant trust a Toyota Dealer..who can U trust yer car to..????

Not a problem man... It's not Toyota that ripps ppl off, only the other companies that use our dealers...

We use Fortron Injection Flush, Fuel Systems Cleaners and Petrol Cleaner stuff... They give us days out because we sell their products...

And we only use their products as Toyota doesn't make them...

And the engine flush and petrol conditioner are both 250mL bottles... So yeah, thats another thing that isn't needed...

Hi,

I'm about to book mine in for the 10M (10,000k for non-engineers) service, so thanks for the tips guys. I looked in the book a few days ago so I'd probably have argued the point if they'd tried it on with an injector flush and crap anyway.

As for oils, are most people going for the synthetic on the 10,000 service (Mobil 1 etc)? I'm tempted to do it, worth the extra $40 just to be a bit more happy when I take off without warming it up..

Cheers,

- Matthew

I got synthetic at 5000Km, is that bad? The car sounds a little quieter and it hasnt hampered performance

I doubt if it is bad as such, however i was recommended by a couple of mechanic friends to hold of to the 10000km service to allow the engine to completely bed in.

A full synthetic to early may prevent the engine from running in, as it prevents that initial wear that you want.

OKAY, i just got back from Phil Gilbert Lidcombe for my 10,000k service (10,580 on da clock).

Cost = $218.50

That includes, Oil, Oil filter, Wheel Balance and Rotation, fuel system cleaner, hand brake adjustment, saftey check and those bloody labour cost!!! :unsure:

Not too bad I guess. But the car feels refresh :lol:

Hmmm, i just got mine done. Same place and same stuff but $230.80...

How can there be a price difference? its the exact same service @ the exact same place! <_<

dodgy...

OK dont just lie down an let the thievin bastards werk U over...

Please compare your two costs an lets see where the 10% is an let us know....

Ahhh the power of collective power, an this brill MBoard....

• 4 months later...