remus mufller

Hey Stock VVTi.

If you click on my gallery below or have a look at my garage you'll see pics of the Remus, both the muffler itself and how it looks on the car. If you want a closer pic let me know.

I'm in Melbourne, I purchased mine new from CarShine. I was put on to them from the Remus Distributor in Victoria - Motoline - Which I found in an advert in MOTOR magazine (should still be in there).

I paid $850.00 new.

If you've been offered a second hand one for $300.00 provided it's not dented or chipped or damaged in anyway, it sounds like a good buy, remembering it's stainless steel so they last. My brother had one on his Prelude for 9 years and it was still good when he traded the car.

Cheers

Edited by IZZ-FE

There shouldn't be a universal fit, it should be with a specific pipe and flange to suit your model. It should just bolt straight on.

Is a Corolla owner selling it ?

Or are they selling it from a different vehicle altogether ?

oh ok ic ic thanks guys...

the remus is off pegeot 307 hatch...

so i guess the pipping needed to be made custom..

Personally I would just get the right muffler for the right car... no point in trying to adapt it... you will lose power, might not get the right sound and will certainly not get the full benefit of having a remus muffler.

Personally I would just get the right muffler for the right car... no point in trying to adapt it... you will lose power, might not get the right sound and will certainly not get the full benefit of having a remus muffler.

agree totally!

agree totally!

Triple agree, If it's from a 307, it means it's specifically for that model, add it to yours and you wont get the same result as that specifically for the Corolla.

agree totally!

Triple agree, If it's from a 307, it means it's specifically for that model, add it to yours and you wont get the same result as that specifically for the Corolla.

thanks for u opnion guys..

might just forget it then :)

what about the apexi WS muffler.. would u think it'll be better than the remus?

I wouldn't have said any exhaust could match up to the remus within a reasonable price range. Being a 1zz not many people will be devolping exhausts for the car since they aren't a modifiers dream nor are they even thought about in a sporty way.

Remus seem to have hit the nail on the head with the exhaust as far as performance and sound goes.

All the other exhausts would be universal fit.. and no offence to any of you guys that have this.. but a big ***** canon sticking out from a corolla just looks wrong in my opinion, nothing looks worse.

All the other exhausts would be universal fit.. and no offence to any of you guys that have this.. but a big ***** canon sticking out from a corolla just looks wrong in my opinion, nothing looks worse.

u've ruined my ultimate dream now... i was thinking of 6.75" tip cannon.... :(

No worries Shao... I'll do the cut-out in the bumper for you to fit that tip in... Now where's my tin snips and hack saw :ph34r::lol:

Don't worry you've got a black duco, no-one will notice the uneven cut-out :P

1ZZ owners try and get your hands on a standard stivo system. Works well and sounds good too. ask pippy as that's what he's done.

1ZZ owners try and get your hands on a standard stivo system. Works well and sounds good too. ask pippy as that's what he's done.

it sounds ok! but runs pretty good! ;)

only had about a 4kw gain tho...

but then i had a screwed up S-AFCII at the time.... will get it dynoed again... ;)

does anyone know where to get remus or sebring mufflers in sydney at the a good price range?

i was offered used remus twin for 300... what do u guys think?

I know Australia's Best at Canterbury sells them (Remus) but im not sure about the price.

Does anyone know anything about fog lights? i want to put fogs on my conquest but dont know what to do..! please help.....

Ask Budda he's just put in a set that he ordered from www.ozeparts.com ( About $320.00 ) Then he just got an Autoelectrician to do the rest.

The original Toyota items are double the price.