What do i need to concern when picking up Sportivo

Hi everyone, I am new in here, just wanna ask what should i need to pay attention when picking up my Sportivo(White) 05 from Nunawading Toyota in Melbourne, which would happen in two weeks later. How do i check the plated model? Is that important?

I am so worry because i don't want to the second My brand new corolla sportivo, not so brand new :(

GOOD LUCK for all ppl who picking up new car.

Thanks in advance~ :)

Just look for anything obvious.

Remember before your car has reached the dealership it has...

Been transported on at least four trucks

Possibly been hoisted by a crane

Traveled half way around the world in a ship

Been sitting in an outdoor holding area for at least 3 weeks.

It goes without saying that a number of people have handled your car before it gets to the dealership, so if there is any sort of blemish, it's not necessarily their fault

Dont knock Nunawading Toyota too much

I have puchased 3 corollas from them and they have been great with delivery and service

TRD_141. Am I missing something (obviously). When did you replace the black beast with the new model sportivo? !!! What did you do with the old one? I had noticed that it wasn't parked on Collins St for a while! That explains why !

Err. ... strike that just checked your garage photos. Unless you haven't updated it of course it would seem you have still got old faithfull.

Edited by sporthatch141

Um traded it in late March for the new model

The black breast is somewhere in footsgray (according to Egene)

I now have the red baron and no I havent updated my garage photos yet cause I havent been able to take photos yet

It wont be out collins street ne more as I have moved jobs

Will have to organise a Melb meet for all the new melb members so we can all show off our wheels, as I have noticed a few new melbourne members pop up on this forum

watch out for dealer tricks like parking your car in the shade so it is harder to see paint differences and doing the "just washed" and leaving your car wet to hide problems in the paint. check the spare is full size alloy and is upright, doors close well and the windows work.

red baron you say

sport1vo and i are thinking something :ph34r:

Edited by kcorro

Don't stress too much.

If something's wrong, you point it out and they fix it.

Just enjoy the fact you're getting a new car :)

Nothing like looking down and the odometer only has 25km on it and you know every other km will be put on by yourself, preferably on nice flowing, twisting and undulating roads. yeah!

Thanks guys I am going to pick up my baby on this Saturday~

I am really looking forward for this day to come~  :D  :D

Good Luck with your new baby...

My advice - Every product you ever buy is going to be expected to have some form of problems, and it is anunfortunate issue that some have more than others.

Nobody/nothing is perfect....

As you have already read, most of the issues identified as potential/actual problems with the Sportivo have hasd solutions introduced to rectify them.

The work you have to do is make sure that if your dealer isn't aware of them when they arise, that you don't let him tell you otherwise.

I think it was Danthuyer that said that you'll learn more about a Sportivo/Toyota here than you will at the Dealership....

Enjoy the ride dude, and make sure you put pics in your gallery....

Cheers

Aaron

Hi everyone, finally is Saturday, but the fact is i am not able to pick up my car today.

Three facts found today:

1. The front spolier is scratched (Botton, 2 spots)

2. Front wheel arc (RHS) is scratched with horrible finish, not even at all. (It seems someone spoil it and try to touch it up on their own)

3. The rear window edge is broken. (Could lead to unroadworthy)

4. It's not very clean outside, but they claim the car has been washed. <_<

Final find out, I need to wait another SIX weeks for another white sportivo to come.

:( :( :( :(

6 weeks is a while, are u determined on white?

Good move not picking it up cuz whatever repairs they do with paint would be dodge. 

Maybe it is Nundawading Toyota.  They seem to give good deals but probably cuz the cars are not quite right.

So far mine has had since i picked it up last friday

poorly aligned bonnet

poorly aligned door

paint missing under door

creased and lumpy bits on leather

grinding noise possibly stuffed clutch or trans

problems downshifting into 2nd and 1st, clunk in third

knock in top end of motor

just noticed today, touched up paint 10cm long on front passenger door frame

What color do u have? Yes, I love white, not seeing many around, I mean the facelift. For the clutch problem, it seems that's normal for a new car, the problem seems fade away after a distance run (1000km+).

I think am a bit lucky, me my girl friend spot those faults.

By the way where did u buy your one?

Also I haven't got a chance to inspect the interior yet, case the car is needed for invesgation, someone try to touch up the scratch on the wheel arc. Someone spoil it pretty badly but not telling anyone, and hope no one notice it.

:) :) But i did pick them up.

Edited by overloade

I bought a black sportivo. 

I bought mine from Nunawading Toyota.  Im pretty sure all of the things i have had problems will be fixed on thursday.  In your case deep scratches n touch ups cant be repaired properly cuz the paint and the paint peel never 100% matches. 

It must be annoying not being able to take ur home wen u wanted, but then u can save up 4 modifications since u dont have to pay ur loan for 6 more weeks. 

What did the salesman say when u didnt want the car they supplied?

He said I am kind of bad luck, they will return the car to the supplier, then will source a car for me form other dealer.

Sunny Liu is pretty good, hopefuly he could bring me some good news on Monday, or else I am in deep trouble, cuz I am going to sell my car this week.

Do u think they would able to give me a loan car b4 I get mine?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to drag this old thread out, but when i was looking for my new sportivo last week, i went to Nunawading Toyota. I was told i would have to wait 3~4 weeks for new ones to come in, but if i wanted white there was a white one there. The story with that was that the buyer had come in to pick it up and changed his/her mind on the colour at the last minute and now Nunawading was stuk with it. When i read this topic, made me wonder if that wasnt the same car u were not 100% happy with overlode?? i wouldnt be surprised... <_<

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same car, they have to sell it eventually and they're not going to say it didn't sell because the owner found faults on it.

Look for the faults listed above especially the bad paint finish on the wheel arch. Most likely they would've resprayed the panel and replaced the broken glass, but being white it should be a good match and not noticeable if it's been resprayed not just touched up.

Sorry to drag this old thread out, but when i was looking for my new sportivo last week, i went to Nunawading Toyota. I was told i would have to wait 3~4 weeks for new ones to come in, but if i wanted white there was a white one there. The story with that was that the buyer had come in to pick it up and changed his/her mind on the colour at the last minute and now Nunawading was stuk with it. When i read this topic, made me wonder if that wasnt the same car u were not 100% happy with overlode?? i wouldnt be surprised...  <_<

Hi is me again, overloade. The one in the showroom is the one i was trying to pick up on 6th May. I am not surprise that they told u a different story about the buyer(that's me overloade :P ) change their mind. And the fact is BS, I didn't change my mind about the color of my sportivo, which is white.

If u read my previous post, u would know why i did not pick up that car.

So be smart about what the salesman told u. Maybe only 50% is true or 51% :D .

When I decied to buy the white sportive last month, they told me i have to wait for 4 weeks, however they rang me 4 days later about "Car is ready, u may pick it up tomorrow", I think WTF...... anyway, everyone know the story did not end there.

Good Luck, and Be Smart!