TRD Brakes

EC11WA

The brakes on the TRD are pretty aggresive and dust up the wheels very quickly.

Now i don't mind cleaning the wheels often, but is there any products available to put on the wheels to make it easier. I have heard of wheel polishes that make it easier to clean the rims.....is this the case or are people just using a normal polish on the rims.......

I also avoid mag wheel cleaners as i have seen what they can do to rims in the past. Both sets were enkei's. 1 chrome and 1 alloy.......both sets of rims were left with marks on them.......the chrome worse off as the chrome was stripped from the rim in areas.....this was using Meguires mag wheel cleaner.

I only want to know about polishes rather than cleaners.

Any advise.

I have changed pads to Hawk Ceramic Performance. A lot less dust and I feel that they also are a better pad all round then the TRD original pads which are PBR performance compound pads. Hopefully they give better rotor life as well.

I still have the original brake pads in mine. Just curious.... does anyone else have a lot of squeks/noisy brakes in their TRD's? The pads are still ok but mine have been getting noisier and noiser (squeak) lately.... they are ok when braking firmly, it more when you are lightly braking to stop at lights etc or just feathering brakes at slower speeds. I'm not tooo worried, may bring it up at the next service if they still have plenty life left, otherwise hopefully getting new different brand pads will fix the prob.

I still have the original brake pads in mine. Just curious.... does anyone else have a lot of squeks/noisy brakes in their TRD's? The pads are still ok but mine have been getting noisier and noiser (squeak) lately.... they are ok when braking firmly, it more when you are lightly braking to stop at lights etc or just feathering brakes at slower speeds. I'm not tooo worried, may bring it up at the next service if they still have plenty life left, otherwise hopefully getting new different brand pads will fix the prob.

I don't have the TRD but my brakes are doing the same. It's fine when braking while moving at decent speed, but once you slow down to car park speeds, it squeals pretty sharply. Pretty embarrassing in my opinion. On Thursday, I plan to take my pads off and apply some calliper grease to the rear contact areas. I was going to do it when I fitted the pads but thought "nah, she be right". So that was my bad.

My last pads had a rubber shim like thing on the rear mating surfaces most likely to stop squeals. They must have done the job cause my new pads don't have them.

The original TRD pads did squeal towards the end of their life and Ash (Secaboy) has also experienced it with his. I do get some squeal with the Hawk pads but like Daryl I didnt use any grease when installing the new pads. I have since done it to the rears and will also do the fronts when I have the front wheels off.

2 products will save your **** - autoglym custom wheel cleaner, then autoglym alloy wheel seal. a good wax works well on wheels too, providing they are extremely clean prior to application. theres not a massive difference between using these and not, but its definitely noticable in the time the brake dust takes to builds up.

yeah, my stock pads would squeal like a bitch towards the end of their life...

now i've got RDA rotors and EBC pads, the squealing is EVEN WORSE!!! :lol:

they're brand new though, so once they wear in, it should be a lot better... :)

trade off for 'racing' brakes apparently... :(

Looks like Autuglym is the product i was looking for. Will definately give it a try and then upgrade the pads once needed. I don't think these pads will last long anyway as they are pretty aggresive and some spirited driving ( on track of course ) will see them wear out pretty quick. :whistling:

my brakes lasted me about 33,000kms... my tyres lasted me 20,000kms, then 10,000kms on the next set... :lol:

i guess you can say that i drive the car for what it was built for... :P

Dave (supatouring) on the other hand is what i call "SOFT", so he got a lot more kms out of his brakes/tyres... :P

hehehe, just kidding dave!! Love you long time!! :D