Petrol in Perth

For those interested when filling up.

I have worked in the fuel industry now for some 10 years in Perth as a Contract Superviser and thought i would share some info with those interested.

Just a bit of Useful info for those who use a specific type of Fuel.

THIS APPLIES TO PERTH ONLY. DIFFERENT IN OTHER STATES.

All Ulp is pretty much the same. Just depends on where you get it from. Always fill up at busy service stations as they have a high turnover of fuel. DO NOT fill up at the smaller servos as these servos generally run low stock levels and sometimes run to zero. At the bottom of each tank, there is always a percentage of water. Water and engines do not like each other.

PULP95 or VORTEX95.

Caltex, Woolies, Coles Express and Shell are all pulled from Shell North Fremantle Terminal. It is the exact same fuel. Don't beleive people when they say Caltex is better than Shell. Its the same fuel. This also applies to ULP.

BP is pulled from seperate terminals. I have not had a lot to do with BP work, but the fuel is pulled from Kewdale Terminal or Kwinana/Fremantle Terminal.

PULP98 or VORTEX98.

Other than BP who have their own ULTIMATE 98, all PULP98 or VORTEX98 is pulled from the Coogee Terminal.

Caltex, Woolies, Coles Express and Shell all use the same 98. It may be called something different but its definately the same. All the fuel from Coogee is Mobil fuel. Even though there are no Mobil sites in Perth anymore, it is still Mobil fuel.

Also United Petroleum and Peak is all taken from Coogee also inclusive of PULP98.Gull are based next door to Coogee Terminal.

So when someone says Shell is better than Caltex or Caltex is better than Coles Express, just laugh and explain that it all comes from the same place. The only one that is different is BP as they use there own Additives. Saying that though, all fuel from Shell North Fremantle is pumped from you guessed it, BP.

Hope this helps when you next fill up.

Edited by EC11WA

Go for it, the more people that no, the better.

Personally, i have seen no improvement in performance or economy from BP to Shell or Caltex using 98.

BP obviously invest a lot of money in additives and 98, so i can see why people stick with them....tried and tested.

Thanks for the info mate!

just a quick one, do you have any knowledge about the apparent fuel contamination that occured with some BP stations a while ago? my partner manages the fleet vehicles for the Dept of Water and they had reports of contaminated fuel damaging some of their fleet cars in rural WA... then there was a report on the news a while back regarding contaminated fuel...

but good info either way, seeing as ive been ignoring the shell discount vouchers i have sitting at home :P

I don't have any info regarding the contamination of BP fuel unfortunately......but its something that can and has happened quite often. Crossovers are common, known as Shandies, mixing fuel. Generally it is picked up straight away and the site shut down...but there is always a few cars that get caught out. Good luck with it because the fuel companies usualy deny everything. It happens to all, not just BP. The drivers delivering the fuel make mistakes. Very expensive mistakes.

As for Turbo cars, I have been their and done that. When tuning the ecu to a specific fuel and octane, any change to another fuel can possibly lead to different results, or poor performance.....the octane rating may be slightly different, but that is only for high tuned cars......normal spec should not be an issue, it is usually just in the persons head that one is better than the other.......

Just so people know aswell, i do not work for a fuel company as such, i am a fuel contractor. By no means am i saying one fuel is better than the other..........

naww, i thaught your in a fuel company, i would had ask you to corporate with me with few more strong blokes and do a similar scene of Fast and Furious 4... We could have a plenty of free fuels to use or even sell.....

Fuel Contractor, you could still join the group haha... now we need someone with a muscle car...

I got a mate with a premier kingswood ?? =P

On topic, ive only used BP ultimate, to scared to try any other fuels as i had to fill up on premium from shell and that only has a 95 octane rating ( at the time i thgouth it was closer to 98) car ran very poorly