A/C Odour

Kesawi

Pity Toyota Aus don't taske it seriously, my dealer gave me a bottle of air freshener to address the problem

I was told $75 to deodorise the system, or like you, get a bottle of air freshener. Later models won't have the problem as it appears to be a redesigned part.

If I had this problem I would be calling consumer affairs and writing Toyota Australia and the dealer a letter of demand to repair the problem under warrantee. :spiteful:

You now have clear evidence, the part is "not fit for the purpose" it was designed for and therefore this is covered by the Trade Practices Act.

I won a case against Microsoft because of my Xbox 360 scratching game disks - it doesn't matter how big they are -consumer law in Australia is very clear - most people just don't know how to stand up for themselves.

Microsoft refunded my purchase price in full and replaced ALL my scratched game disks. :whistling:

However, in public they still deny this is a problem and only offer customers replacement disks for $20 for scratched disks that are their titles. :angry:

I just make sure to drive with the duct set to 'fresh air' whenever possible. Ideally it would be good if the A/C had better anti-bacterial properties but because it doesn't, this is the best and easiest option in the meantime. Now I don't get much odour when I turn my A/C on and off.

I'm a little lucky though as well cause if I do get a case of bad odour, I can just borrow an ozone generator when I'm parked on-site at a hotel and leave that in the car for an hour pointed up at the A/C unit.

If I had this problem I would be calling consumer affairs and writing Toyota Australia and the dealer a letter of demand to repair the problem under warrantee. :spiteful:

You now have clear evidence, the part is "not fit for the purpose" it was designed for and therefore this is covered by the Trade Practices Act.

I won a case against Microsoft because of my Xbox 360 scratching game disks - it doesn't matter how big they are -consumer law in Australia is very clear - most people just don't know how to stand up for themselves.

Microsoft refunded my purchase price in full and replaced ALL my scratched game disks. :whistling:

However, in public they still deny this is a problem and only offer customers replacement disks for $20 for scratched disks that are their titles. :angry:

Good point Hado. I'm trying to get an official TSB from someone in the US and will keep the forum updated with my progress.